• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeroNr

Oct 20, 2019
This also means more cash for KojiPro continue to do crazy games in the future. Everybody wins.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
I avoided RDR 2 spoilers for 1 year and I'm playing the game next week blind.

You'll be fine.

Can't wait for it, but some fuck spoiled part of the ending here in a random thread without warning, still fucking livid about that. Went an entire year without finding anything out, literally needed a couple of weeks more.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
That makes no sense because why would Sony not publish it on PC if that was the case. That would mean Sony basically owns the game so they should also be publishing it on all platforms, but they aren't.

🤔
It was the case though. There was a leaked Q&A following the original partnership announcement citing a PC version to follow shortly after the PS4 version, but it was swiftly taken down. And since then most people had assumed that the agreement had changed, but clearly it didn't.

Perhaps someone else could post a screen grab of that original Q&A, unfortunately I can't find it.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
Hell yeah, now I don't have to wait until I get a ps5 to play. Looking forward to seeing this game in 4k 60 fps.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Oh 6-9 months later, and 99% likely to be only on EGS so more like 12-18 months later.
This doesn't change my plans at all. Maybe I'll get it on not-EGS if there are worthwhile mods in 2021.

Also I thought this had already been announced? Guess it was just heavily rumored, but this did not come as a surprise to me. Well, maybe that it's published by 505. Which is what basically guarantees this to be monopolized by Epic for 6-12 months.

Last edited:

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
It is curious that they waited this long to make the announcement official. You have to wonder whether this was something else that Layden was against, as iirc his whole thing was having the best exclusives only playable on their platform, so that people had to buy a playstation. Jim Ryan so far seems like he's taking a slightly more similar approach to Phil Spencer where he wants to make their games easier to get ahold of, not harder. Doing things like cutting PSNow's price in half, and putting big exclusives on there like Uncharted 4 and God of War

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for it, but some fuck spoiled part of the ending here in a random thread without warning, still fucking livid about that. Went an entire year without finding anything out, literally needed a couple of weeks more.

Sorry to hear that, I think I know the thread that you're talking about.

I only read it after the mod edit luckly.

//DEVIL//

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
I don't understand the logic behind this announcement . Is some there some disagreement here between sony and kojima ?

Why would someone announce something right before the ps4 release ? Just less than 2 weeks even ? You couldn't wait few months or early next year after Xmas ?

Now whoever has a good pc and a ps4 will probably wait for the pc version . Why not announce the ps5 remaster version at it ? Might as well announce game of the year edition too right ?

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Nice, hope I can patch out all the cameos! I find that shit super cringe.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey AudioEppa!

PDaZXNk.png

Crazy stuff huh!

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I posted 3 videos on this subject on youtube, each with a higher than usual dislike ratio, but I've been all over this coming to the pc for a while.
People get way too involved with console wars that they couldn't deal with all the evidence that it was coming to pc.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would be stunned if this does anything significant. We (ERA users/gaming enthusiasts) are but a drop in the games ocean.

I'm talking about outside era.

The evidence used was pretty poor to me. That was my issue. I didn't really care if it came to PC.

I'm sure you are ok though and giving yourself a nice pat on the back for that excruciating detective work. Congratulations.

Oct 25, 2017
Great news for PC folks, if my brother hadn't bought a Pro I'd probably have waited for the PC version next year. Also Kojima with some crazy negotiation to get Sony to fund the game, allow him to use one of their engines for it, and still allow it to be released on other platforms.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
I don't understand the logic behind this announcement . Is some there some disagreement here between sony and kojima ?

Why would someone announce something right before the ps4 release ? Just less than 2 weeks even ? You couldn't wait few months or early next year after Xmas ?

Now whoever has a good pc and a ps4 will probably wait for the pc version . Why not announce the ps5 remaster version at it ? Might as well announce game of the year edition too right ?
Because tricking your customers into double-dipping isn't just a piece-of-shit move, it's also commercially bad as it breaks trust. And aside from potential double-dippers, the number of people affected by this will be very small indeed.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Very nice of them to announce before the PS4 launch date.

Gonna cancel my preorder, then. I bought RDR2 on launch day, put like 2-3 hours into it, and now I'm gonna be buying the PC version because of how bad my base PS4 runs it. Same thing happened with Yakuza Kiwami 2. DS probably would have been the same deal with me (only put in a few hours before the PC launch, where I could run it much better than my base PS4 could). November is packed anyways, probably won't have time to get to DS for a while. I might still pick up the PS4 version if the reviews are insanely positive though

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Asking myself now what is more important:
- Better actual experience playing
Or
- Being surprised by the twists of the story/Kojimaness

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking about outside era.

The evidence used was pretty poor to me. That was my issue. I didn't really care if it came to PC.

I'm sure you are ok though and giving yourself a nice pat on the back for that excruciating detective work. Congratulations.

And I don't think that evidence will or could support a significant drop in sales. That just defies logic IMO.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Well then. Consider me proven wrong. Shouts to Guerilla Games & the whole SIE. More people playing is definitely a bonus, for sure.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm pretty happy that they revealed this news before the game actually comes out on PS4. I'll just wait.

And egg on the face of all the luddites that insisted there would not be a PC port.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
505 publishing is not really good news, after what happened with Control, Bloodstained, and other...

Also the replies to the official Kojipro tweet are really funny!

lol