• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
https://www.gamesradar.com/do-all-t...d-silent-hills-add-up-or-are-we-being-played/

Very interesting article, noting the similarities between both the cancelled PT (Silent Hills) demo, and Death Stranding.

Good to read, seems like he's bring ideas over for sure. Others have speculated about it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqdhq0wH6gl/

Happy Birthday Mads Mikkelsen From Kojima.

Kojima also posted on Instagram a VR movie called The Limit starring Michelle Rodriguez, Norman Reedus and Ourselves? Directed by Robert Rodriguez.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Either Sam Lake ate a baby or he birth one out orally

tumblr_mt5319HGPH1snut2uo1_250.gif

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I know we're getting landscapes but can we get some unreasonably large ruins in those landscapes as well? I want this

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Have you read Blame or Girls Last Tour? They do unreasonably large structures well.
Blame yeah GLT no the faces are too ugmo for me. And want something with a bit more fidelity and/or interaction. Manga is good but different I guess. Also Blame does scale well but it's too oppressive and dark I think. I liked Biomega a bit more with regards to scenes.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Blame yeah GLT no the faces are too ugmo for me. And want something with a bit more fidelity and/or interaction. Manga is good but different I guess. Also Blame does scale well but it's too oppressive and dark I think. I liked Biomega a bit more with regards to scenes.
I think oppressive is a trademark of Nihei haha. Or at least, it used to be.

I would give Girls Last Tour a chance. There's a lot going for it outside of the character art. The design of the megastructure they traverse is amazing.

Jun 4, 2018
It's been a long wait, but the next trailer is right around the corner. Not expecting a release date, but if we get one, that would be lovely, too. I do believe it will be out by this time next year, but as long as this one isn't rushed out the door like the last, I'll be happy, regardless of whenever it does finally launch. I think TGA will feature a character trailer that expands on what we got at TGS - maybe some character names, and bits of gameplay thrown in, for good measure. I still don't think we'll really have enough concrete information to piece too much together, but that will come close enough to launch that, for many of us, we'll just be ready to play the game, by that point. As long as we get enough that I can visit the Death Stranding subreddit and not see a picture tweeted by Kojima, of his local McDonald's, captioned "DS vibes..." or "Is this Decima engine?", I'll be happy.

I know we're getting landscapes but can we get some unreasonably large ruins in those landscapes as well? I want this

That's been the great thing about each trailer. The settings seem to vary greatly from one to the next. Let's hope you get your wish!

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I think oppressive is a trademark of Nihei haha. Or at least, it used to be.
I would give Girls Last Tour a chance. There's a lot going for it outside of the character art. The design of the megastructure they traverse is amazing.
I'm too shallow and can't look past those faces on every panel! But will look up pages showing the rest of the art lol.

That's been the great thing about each trailer. The settings seem to vary greatly from one to the next. Let's hope you get your wish!
Fingers crossed.

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's just me but watching the trailers again shown potential micro-stutters/frame pacing I hope it's just me.

Feb 4, 2018
As long as we get enough that I can visit the Death Stranding subreddit and not see a picture tweeted by Kojima, of his local McDonald's, captioned "DS vibes..." or "Is this Decima engine?", I'll be happy.

Holy crap honestly this is all I want. The subreddit is at ridiculous levels of reach right now lol. Like so much effort that it's doubled back around and become low effort somehow.

Jun 4, 2018

Looks like a new trailer is on the way. For those who don't know, Kojima usually shares pics of himself at audio mixing stations ahead of major events. This generally indicates progress on a new presentation.

vidaisonline

Community Manager at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Feb 2, 2018
Either Sam Lake ate a baby or he birth one out orally

ok let me explain :D

1) he sure did birth one out orally
2) kojima san came to see the control demo at e3 and loved the game! we gave him a t-shirt, which he has been wearing, a lot. so we wanted to show our appreciation for that, and for death stranding, which is a game we're all very excited about! so we had the idea to have sam orally give birth to a baby while wearing a death stranding t-shirt, and that's what happened. hope that clears it up :D

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

2) kojima san came to see the control demo at e3 and loved the game! we gave him a t-shirt, which he has been wearing, a lot. so we wanted to show our appreciation for that, and for death stranding, which is a game we're all very excited about! so we had the idea to have sam orally give birth to a baby while wearing a death stranding t-shirt, and that's what happened. hope that clears it up :D

Omg that's great to have some context behind those pictures.

I must ask, has Kojima showed you guys anything no one else has seen of Death Stranding?

Jun 4, 2018

Only a little over a week to go...

That's awesome!

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's pretty cool.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

Cheers :) I wasn't expecting any explanation anyway but I appreciate you take the time out for this silly little story :)

(Also if you don't mind letting the dev team know that I'm a big fan of Poets of the Fall and really wouldn't mind if they get them to come back to write a song for Control :D)

Jun 4, 2018
Posted a thread on this, but for those who may miss it or be subbed to this one: Conan in Japan airs 11/28 (today) at 10 PM ET, on TBS!!

Jun 4, 2018

When I read this, I immediately thought of Kojima's remarks from December of last year.

"Development on Death Stranding is going well enough that SIE told us, 'We have never before seen a game being created at such a fast pace.' We are planning an announcement that will further surprise everyone in 2018."

In all honesty, for me, expectations, in regard to this comment, have been tempered. The Death Stranding subreddit mentions it every other day, as do other subsects of the community. I just wrote it off, like, it's just Kojima being Kojima. "It's probably the Lindsay Wagner reveal." After allowing the MGS community to brainwash me into thinking the Christmas day presentation of 2014 was going to be more than a Chicken Hat reveal, I prefer to keep things in perspective. That, and the "Players will be able to revisit Camp Omega" bit. But with Geoff's tweet, mentioning things he's held onto for about a year now - it makes me wonder if the surprise announcement is, in fact, something substantial, and if it will be present during TGA 2018.

We're just over a week away. Looking forward to learning more soon.

Quiksaver

Oct 26, 2017
Kojima has been putting posts on Twitter with the rainbow emoji, same with The Game Awards. Same with Trailer 4 when Lindsay shows up, as well as Lea Seydoux's character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow

Information on the different types of rainbows.

Trailer Song will be Somewhere Over the Rainbow
At some point shit will hit the fan and the soundtrack will turn tense
We'll get battle footage
And a release date

This is pure speculation, by the way

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018
https://gamerant.com/hideo-kojima-project-orgre

An article from seven years ago, that may have relevance to Death Stranding.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/367395469598392321/517455285225521153/unknown.png (Ogre in Trailer 4 of Death Stranding?)
My guess is that we're playing Project Ogre right now, based on this quote (stretching it)

"I can't really say too much about that project yet, but it's a very subdued experience.

It's a little bit different to what I've done up until now. On the surface it will look similar, but once you get into it, it will be a different experience — and I'm hoping people look forward to that.

The Ogre project is going to take a lot of time, so I want to produce some other things on the side, like I'm doing with Rising. So while I'm working on Ogre there might be a couple of other projects going on at the same time."

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Project Ogre was just The Phantom Pain. He was talking about a "different experience" because he'd never done an open world game before then.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As others have said, it was just MGSV. You lot really need to stop with this "everything is connected" mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.