• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be the GOTG and quite possibly the best game ever made lbh

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

lsl3kli.gif

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is this game??!

What is it?
Say it with me. Death stranding is life, Death Stranding is love.
Hope a trailer with 2019 in the end ;)
46901.jpg
:P
The anime is one the best Satoshi Kon films and is really surreal take on the idols lifestyles in Japan pre-dating the 2000s.
God i love that film so much.

And it's so much better than Black Swan (which is a remake)

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
This. But the poor man only made 4 features. Before he passed away.

If by influenced, you mean just ripped off. Than yes. LOL. (And Paprika is still better)

Aw sad to hear. Lol @ the Inception ripoff if so. Actually makes it all intriguing, sort of glad I only have 4 movies to look up since I'm still trying to finish collecting the Studio Ghibli movies.

Necrocorpse

Nov 17, 2018
London, UK
I hope it has a gameplay segment where you work in a giant warehouse and need to find packages as quickly as possible without a possibility for a toilet break or anything.

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018

Here's the graphics tech demo from SIGGRAPH conference from last year, showcasing the fog/weather system in Death Stranding.

Pierru

Dec 12, 2017
I don't know who is these guys, forgive my ignorance.

Tsukamoto directed a movie called Tetsuo: The Iron Man, which was one of the known influences for Akira (the manga and movie). It's a story about a guy loosing his humanity as his body changing into a machine.
He's a pretty famous cyberpunk director, althought I imagine it's in restricted circles ^^

The fact that Tsukamoto appears in a tweet just after Kojima speaks of the Tokyo 2020 Games and Akira is kinda funny IMO.

OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018
https://segmentnext.com/2018/11/19/ghost-of-tsushima-death-stranding-release-date/

Sony has backed out of E3 2019 but we have some exciting news for all PlayStation fans as it's expected that the release dates of Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding will be revealed at TGA 2018. The Game Awards 2018 is less than a month away and we might not be surprised to also see some new gameplay of Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding after all this wait.

It's confirmed that Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding will be a part of TGA 2018. Now that's not all as Sony Brazil has also mentioned through a direct email that the upcoming trailers of Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding at The Game Awards 2018 will also include their release dates.

Now this tells us that Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding are not that far away from their release date. We are expecting these both to drop in 2019 before Sony releases their next-gen PS5 console.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Oh man gameplay and release dates would be cool for both of those games.

It's cool to find out Stan Lee was into Metal Gear Solid and nice to hear Hideo Kojima speaking English too.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
I am completely fine having this being a Kojima Tweets thread. His tweets are fantastic and has great recommendations.

Anyway, Loving Vincent is a beauty. The ending is just so inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.