• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Haven't played it. It's the time you save by not doing individual trips. You're being scored on quality of delivery, time it took and a bunch of stuff you did along the way. But how it is balanced someone else will have to answer. My understanding is you save your personal time by taking more cargo and hitting multiple deliveries, but you'd lose rating since the time you take to your second and third destination might be longer depending on if they're all in a straight line or you're circling around from your point of origin.
Thanks.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding Update 1.03 Patch Notes
  • Multiple problems fixed
  • Game balance adjustments
  • Translation quality improvements
  • Updated save data version
    Save data created in version 1.03 cannot be used with an earlier version.
tCyJra5.gif

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Assembled a draft based on the art posted above with some tweaks. Also a back side and spine.
Still trying to figure out logo placements.
BqHFjJv.jpg

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Assembled a draft based on the art posted above with some tweaks. Also a back side and spine.
Still trying to figure out logo placements.
BqHFjJv.jpg

Dude fuck yes. What would be the preferred paper to print this on? I always fuck that up with custom covers. Is it better to just go to print/copy place?

On a different note:

Does anybody know if EB Games Canada is doing a 9PM/Midnight release?

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Man...I pre-ordered the game on PSN today and cancelled my collector's edition. Never thought I'd hear myself say this but I'm going to have some serious remorse about missing out on that fetus pod.

It's just such an awesome weird-as-fuck part of gaming history. When the hell else are we going to get another massively funded AAA game from a developer auteur with enough industry clout to make whatever the fuck he wants, even to the extent of making a fetus in a jar into a collector's item??

There's just nothing else in the CE I care about and I'm all digital so it would be totally wasteful. Oh well. Hyped as fuck to play this sonofabitch!

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God damn that retail cover is horrendous. What's the deal with these Kojima games and bad covers in the US?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Not long left now

tapping.gif

I want to unlock the Reverse Trike ASAP. It looks so fun to use.

giphy.gif

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
We will have three days with that icon staring us in the face on the PS4 dashboard with that aggravating countdown timer.

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
Doing my morning browse of BBC News site and saw this. Only skimmed it as I want to avoid spoilers but does include a mini review which states "I've spent roughly 40 hours with an advance copy and it's not like any experience I've had before."

Do we know if anything is gated behind PS+?

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very tempted to just get this digitally so I can play it right at the stroke of midnight, I have the special edition pre-ordered but there's always a chance that it doesn't get delivered on Friday. For those that have preordered it on PSN, Is the dynamic theme already available?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately no. Higgs is the only ever present threat and that's only in cutscenes. Until your fated encounter of course.

I didn't really feel the lack of the homo demens presence because the journey itself has you against the terrain, timefall, mules, BTs and you have limited space and need to take care of your cargo. It can be alot to juggle moreso if you need to get your cargo in the best condition to the destination.
the fact that they literally have a terrorist group in the game and we don't get MGS1-3 like bosses is frustrating to me.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017

ZDKilljoy

Managing Editor at BunnyGaming
Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
the fact that they literally have a terrorist group in the game and we don't get MGS1-3 like bosses is frustrating to me.

Well to be fair when you play the game you will probably understand why he is the only ever present threat but I do somewhat wish for the same as well. I do understand that they had a singular focus though on what they wanted the player to experience.

If they do decide to make a sequel hopefully that will be one aspect that is much improved.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Well to be fair when you play the game you will probably understand why he is the only ever present threat but I do somewhat wish for the same as well. I do understand that they had a singular focus though on what they wanted the player to experience.

If they do decide to make a sequel hopefully that will be one aspect that is much improved.
Yeah, not even that I want it to be shootbang. I just want well designed crazy Kojima boss encounters again. I miss them a lot.

ZDKilljoy

Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
Yeah, not even that I want it to be shootbang. I just want well designed crazy Kojima boss encounters again. I miss them a lot.

Yeah you are probably gonna be disappointed. I wouldn't say the boss fights are bad per se but it just has depth in other areas concerning mostly managing Sam and your health and the cargo you are carrying. The boss fight itself is just running around pointing and shooting. I mean even on normal I don't think I ever felt the threat of death from a boss.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you are probably gonna be disappointed. I wouldn't say the boss fights are bad per se but it just has depth in other areas concerning mostly managing Sam and your health and the cargo you are carrying. The boss fight itself is just running around pointing and shooting. I mean even on normal I don't think I ever felt the threat of death from a boss.
There's a couple more besides the BTs right?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any image that shows each of the characters with both their in-game appearance and their real-life appearance (actor)?

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017

Do they look spectacular? Personally, spectacle is one of the most important elements to boss fights.

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017

Would you recommend starting the game on hard, or even expert? I was thinking of going for hard, I usually do with all games providing difficulty settings. Seeing as most feedback we got from boss fights up until now was that they were a breeze, I'm hesitating to go for expert. But I wouldn't want it to be unplayable ^^

ZDKilljoy

Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
Do they look spectacular? Personally, spectacle is one of the most important elements to boss fights.

The immediate area that changes when you fight a boss is quite interesting. The bosses themselves look spectacular but I got used to the actual mechanics of the fight quick. When you fight one of those BT minibosses and the environment shifts its always a stressful time because if you are not prepared you just want to run away but once you are you will be like "MY TURN"

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
The immediate area that changes when you fight a boss is quite interesting. The bosses themselves look spectacular but I got used to the actual mechanics of the fight quick. When you fight one of those BT minibosses and the environment shifts its always a stressful time because if you are not prepared you just want to run away but once you are you will be like "MY TURN"

Great! I love me some spectacle!

ZDKilljoy

Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
Would you recommend starting the game on hard, or even expert? I was thinking of going for hard, I usually do with all games providing difficulty settings. Seeing as most feedback we got from boss fights up until now was that they were a breeze, I'm hesitating to go for expert. But I wouldn't want it to be unplayable ^^

I think that's entirely up to you. I didn't feel like I needed the fights to be harder but at least variation in tactics would have been good. Like having multi-layered fights would have been something special.

alperentkrol

Oct 21, 2019
Just a quick question. Do we get to know what are the 5 floating figures that we saw in every trailer?

Oct 27, 2017
It would be great to be able to find ruined monuments and landmarks since it's supposed to take place in the US. But I somehow doubt this will be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.