• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
But it was a video, so if i clicked on it, it would pause it. 🤣

NzlmoXS.gif
😜

Aren't you in the UK tho? I mean 8pm is still like 1am there. Unless you can't get physical copies until literally Friday? 🥺

Has this been confirmed? What's the reverse look like?

Thought it was, think it was at one of those events this past weekend. Basically the beach scene with the front being the World Strand tour image of BB and the hand print. I'll try to find it.

Found it, via IGN.
kmdvfybqk2w31.png

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
Aren't you in the UK tho? I mean 8pm is still like 1am there. Unless you can't get physical copies until literally Friday? 🥺

Thought it was, think it was at one of those events this past weekend. Basically the beach scene with the front being the World Strand tour image of BB and the hand print. I'll try to find it.
Thanks mate. Must have missed that, I'd love to see what it looks like if you can find it.

soundtrack

Oct 28, 2017
It's a real shame they don't use Shinkawa art for the covers like they did with MGS2 and MGS3. Such a talented artist and then the covers look like this
Mgs4us_cover_small.jpg

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
A few random thoughts:

1. I hope the game has long streches of 'down time', I'm burning out on games where you loot/rummage through bins 30x/min

2. Not sure the story is anything close to the MGS games. If I get at least 25% of an MGS story-wise I'm happy

3. The 'disappointing' boss fight impressions make me a bit sad consider Kojima normally has some great bosses in his games

4. I hope you get better rewards the more rigorous your delivery chops are

5. A codec equivalent?

6. Listen to some ingame music via ingame 'ipod' equivalent?

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Sooo I went to Best Buy and they had no idea what I was talking about wrt 9pm launch. But then I called my local GameStop and they said they were doing a 9pm launch, so I cancelled my BB preorder and preordered with them. Don't even care that I lost my steelbook lol. All set for Thursday now. :)

Honestly the guy I asked at the Customer Service desk had no idea too. He wasn't even aware of what "Death Standing" was and went to check emails. I pulled up the BB site advertising the 9pm Thursday pick up but he was more interested in check emails. He said he wasn't aware of anything except CoD having one, despite launching already lol, but then found the email and confirmed Thursday.

He then told me to show up around 8:30 or whenever to finalize and get it but I couldn't leave the store until they technically closed at 9 so I could "download everything and install stuff" in the meantime (?????) lmao

I still can't believe that this game don't have a proper photo mode. It was just taking it from Horizon and changing the color of the HUD to blue.

My first thought was it wouldn't take long to use such a photo mode to see Reedus stranding dong so they opted not to have it. Or maybe the online stuff limits it?

Thanks mate. Must have missed that, I'd love to see what it looks like if you can find it.
Edited my previous post to include it :)

Feb 4, 2018
Honestly the guy I asked at the Customer Service desk had no idea too. He wasn't even aware of what "Death Standing" was and went to check emails. I pulled up the BB site advertising the 9pm Thursday pick up but he was more interested in check emails. He said he wasn't aware of anything except CoD having one, despite launching already lol, but then found the email and confirmed Thursday.

He then told me to show up around 8:30 or whenever to finalize and get it but I couldn't leave the store until they technically closed at 9 so I could "download everything and install stuff" in the meantime (?????) lmao
lmao whatttttt

The same thing happened to me though, I showed the page on their site advertising it but the person at Customer Service wanted to find confirmation in their system or something. It probably would have ended up working out, but I just wanted peace of mind knowing I was all set for Thursday.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
My first thought was it wouldn't take long to use such a photo mode to see Reedus stranding dong so they opted not to have it. Or maybe the online stuff limits it?

I don't think so, to be honest. Many games already manages a way to add photomode and block it when they choose to. Batman Arkham Knight is a good example, since you're blocked to enter in the photo mode at the end of the game, and No Man's Sky and Fallout 76 allow players to use photo mode in online modes as well. Maybe it's just for lack of time and/or desire to do it.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
It's a real shame they don't use Shinkawa art for the covers like they did with MGS2 and MGS3. Such a talented artist and then the covers look like this
Mgs4us_cover_small.jpg

The MGS covers are kind of a mixed bag for me. lol I dig my MGS1 covers because the Japanese release that's in my Premium Package is just the metallic logo on a white background and the PAL release I have is the game and VR collection that has some great Shinkawa art.

MGS2 just used one of the early artworks released, which I didn't mind, and MGS3 was some weird photoshop of in game assets and Shinkawa art, unless you got the LE Subsistence release which I did get lol

I weirdly don't mind the CG renders for MGS4 and V, although for the former I do have the LE so I get the best of both worlds there. lol

lmao whatttttt

The same thing happened to me though, I showed the page on their site advertising it but the person at Customer Service wanted to find confirmation in their system or something. It probably would have ended up working out, but I just wanted peace of mind knowing I was all set for Thursday.

Yeah I was the same, I wanted the peace of mind especially since I preordered on Best Buy with store pick up just a couple weeks ago despite having the CE preordered on Amazon since May. If I can get it earlier than Amazon then Best Buy was a way to go so I wanted that confirmation before I get billed $400 by Thursday. lmao

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
The Tim Rogers review is just ace, he certainly has a way with words, I recommend it for its hilarity and overly long explanation of this game.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
So how does picking it up at Best Buy work? The website said something about how you can go in at 9PM and pick it up early? Or do I show at up 9 and come back again at midnight.

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
I read somewhere here that you can use "repair spray" on cargo right before delivery to nullify the importance of the cargo condition. Is that true?

Anyone able to comment on this? This sounds like something that would kind of ruin the need of being careful during the journey. Would be a bummer.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone able to comment on this? This sounds like something that would kind of ruin the need of being careful during the journey. Would be a bummer.

Yes, there is a repair spray that fixes the cargo containers; not the actual cargo. Cargo condition and container condition are two separate things.

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, there is a repair spray that fixes the cargo containers; not the actual cargo. Cargo condition and container condition are two separate things.

That's great to hear! I didn't even think it would differentiate between the contents and the exterior appearance. Thanks for responding!

AkIRA_22

Oct 29, 2017
The weirdness and unknown intrigued me. Now I have read and listened to a bunch of perspectives.... No.... It sounds boring. This is gaming's Apocalypse Now, without the awesome music.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ZDKilljoy

Managing Editor at BunnyGaming
Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
A few random thoughts:

1. I hope the game has long streches of 'down time', I'm burning out on games where you loot/rummage through bins 30x/min

2. Not sure the story is anything close to the MGS games. If I get at least 25% of an MGS story-wise I'm happy

3. The 'disappointing' boss fight impressions make me a bit sad consider Kojima normally has some great bosses in his games

4. I hope you get better rewards the more rigorous your delivery chops are

5. A codec equivalent?

6. Listen to some ingame music via ingame 'ipod' equivalent?

1) it's mostly getting your delivery items, being prepared for the journey and getting your cargo there in the best possible condition. I rarely rummage through things unless it's "lost cargo" that coincidentally go to my destination or somewhere nearby. The whole experience is pretty chill aside from the stressful BT moments.

2) the story was great for me. There is alot of reading material that explain and flesh out the world and characters.

3) Yeah boss fights are quite easy tbh.

4) I wouldn't say the deliveries get harder. There might be a large amount of cargo but with the right planning it's still pretty easy to execute. The way the rewards work is a Star system. Each "port" has a maximum of 5 stars and with each delivery it climbs higher. So if let's say this particular port gives you the ability to fabricate boots at 2 stars, the higher you raise it you unlock lvl2 and 3 variants of the boots which are better.

5) there is a codec equivalent.

6) as far as I know there is only two ways. The first is in your private quarters and the second is when you build structures around the world. You can upgrade the structure and the next lvl gives you the ability to attach music to it so anyone who comes across can hear the music.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
1) it's mostly getting your delivery items, being prepared for the journey and getting your cargo there in the best possible condition. I rarely rummage through things unless it's "lost cargo" that coincidentally go to my destination or somewhere nearby. The whole experience is pretty chill aside from the stressful BT moments.

2) the story was great for me. There is alot of reading material that explain and flesh out the world and characters.

3) Yeah boss fights are quite easy tbh.

4) I wouldn't say the deliveries get harder. There might be a large amount of cargo but with the right planning it's still pretty easy to execute. The way the rewards work is a Star system. Each "port" has a maximum of 5 stars and with each delivery it climbs higher. So if let's say this particular port gives you the ability to fabricate boots at 2 stars, the higher you raise it you unlock lvl2 and 3 variants of the boots which are better.

5) there is a codec equivalent.

6) as far as I know there is only two ways. The first is in your private quarters and the second is when you build structures around the world. You can upgrade the structure and the next lvl gives you the ability to attach music to it so anyone who comes across can hear the music.
Are there other human enemies besides Mules?

Is there any dynamic interactions between enemy AIs and BTs in the open world, or are humans and BTs completely separate kinds of confrontations?

ZDKilljoy

Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
Are there other human enemies besides Mules?

Is there any dynamic interactions between enemy AIs and BTs in the open world, or are humans and BTs completely separate kinds of confrontations?

There isn't. It's just MULES

No dynamic interactions as well as the MULES are always limited to their own camps which has a perimeter and the BTs are always encounters in the open world away from those camps.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
There isn't. It's just MULES

No dynamic interactions as well as the MULES are always limited to their own camps which has a perimeter and the BTs are always encounters in the open world away from those camps.
So that terrorist group mentioned in the trailers is just a cutscene thing, you never actually fight or encounter them in the world?

ZDKilljoy

Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
So that terrorist group mentioned in the trailers is just a cutscene thing, you never actually fight or encounter them in the world?

Unfortunately no. Higgs is the only ever present threat and that's only in cutscenes. Until your fated encounter of course.

I didn't really feel the lack of the homo demens presence because the journey itself has you against the terrain, timefall, mules, BTs and you have limited space and need to take care of your cargo. It can be alot to juggle moreso if you need to get your cargo in the best condition to the destination.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've been trying to comb through reviews but they're quite long. Is this game super into inventory management? Do you load your cargo based on the deliveries you want to hit? Can you just do one at a time? It's a bit abstract to me right now.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is this game super into inventory management?

Not really. You can organize yourself how the cargo is distributed, but you have the option to let the game do it for you (by pressing auto-organize in the Cargo menu).

Do you load your cargo based on the deliveries you want to hit?

Yes. When you choose a delivery, first you pick the tools and/or weapons you want to take with you and then you load up the cargo.

Can you just do one at a time?

You can do one delivery at a time if you want. It's up to you.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
I've been trying to comb through reviews but they're quite long. Is this game super into inventory management? Do you load your cargo based on the deliveries you want to hit? Can you just do one at a time? It's a bit abstract to me right now.
You decide if you want to make just one trip or load up a bunch of stuff to deliver in one go.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
Any chance you know if the reward is greater with more risk? As in large loads will reap large rewards?
Haven't played it. It's the time you save by not doing individual trips. You're being scored on quality of delivery, time it took and a bunch of stuff you did along the way. But how it is balanced someone else will have to answer. My understanding is you save your personal time by taking more cargo and hitting multiple deliveries, but you'd lose rating since the time you take to your second and third destination might be longer depending on if they're all in a straight line or you're circling around from your point of origin.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Found an extended video that doesn't seem to spoil anything. It's just mule fighting/part of a BT fight from the May trailer. IDK if you guys have already seen it.

hahahha this game is so fucking cool. i'm done with it (like finished but not done with it done with it) but i was just playing it earlier and breaking shit and having a blast driving around and getting the trucks stuck in the environment and hopping them out. it's so hard to explain why this game is fun but it absolutely is

Last edited:

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
hahahha this game is so fucking cool. i'm done with it (like finished but not done with it done with it) but i was just playing it earlier and breaking shit and having a blast driving around and getting the trucks stuck in the environment and hopping them out. it's so hard to explain why this game is fun but it absolutely is

dude you're not allowed to enjoy this game or say that it is fun, that's an inconceivable notion.

Status
Not open for further replies.