• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirikaPirin

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I think we can expect less toxicity in review thread if the game turns out to be great. After all the pc version was announced.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the review thread is allowed to have a metacritic prediction poll, i'm very interested to see what most think it'll end up at.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Indeed, I'm relatively new to Era review thread culture ahaha.

tumblr_pnnxpxHWQ11s1v3r1o1_500.gifv

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
'Tomorrow is in your hands' might hold a much more ominous meaning for certain reviews/reviewers

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I'm gonna be asleep for the start of the thread so I can't vote, but I'm going 89.

Whelp, it's been a ride following all these threads for weeks, everyone. I'll probably step out now, see you on the other side.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I think we can expect less toxicity in review thread if the game turns out to be great. After all the pc version was announced.
That may be truth but lets say DS ends up getting like a 96-97 (which I doubt), the review thread will become the usual toxicity because one way or another someone will begin to compare to it to BOTW or RDR2 and everyone will start getting their pitchforks ready to defend and attack each other XD

Best case scenario for a pacifist review thread (lol) will be a solid low 90. Anything lower or higher...
AllFlippantAruanas-size_restricted.gif

Dec 6, 2017
US
That may be truth but lets say DS ends up getting like a 96-97 (which I doubt), the review thread will become the usual toxicity because one way or another someone will begin to compare to it to BOTW or RDR2 and everyone will start getting their pitchforks ready to defend and attack each other XD

Best case scenario for a pacifist review thread (lol) will be a solid low 90. Anything lower or higher...

Too late, I already made a stupid joke about RDR2 and DS' metacritic score in here xD

KirikaPirin

Banned
Jun 6, 2019

It is not about scores. It is about sending a message.

Sep 21, 2019
Ok, EVERYTHING I've seen about DS up to this point has left me kinda bleh and on the fence.

That fucking trailer sold me on this game. It looks fucking incredible.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Things I hope are true / want:

• The story is good
  • The story is crazy
  • Gameplay is fine
  • "new aspects" work well AND/OR demonstrate potential
  • It to not be a complete letdown after years of waiting
Is that so much to ask?!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
At this point the review thread might bring more entertainment than the game itself.

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
I bought the game and will play it day 1. My main gripe/disappointment though is that it's a far cry from the « new genre » that was promised, if the leaks are to be trusted

As it appears to be just an addition of existing ideas.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
IGN italy coverage of the game has been stellar, I just caught up (I rarely read their, or any tbh, website) lots of well written opinions on various aspects of the design and marketing campaign.
If you can handle a Google translated article, give this one a read

DS: the wait and the game's mysteries hidden in plain sight

Written by someone who DID NOT see the game yet.

And the article about the use of licensed pop songs (linked at the bottom of the page) I thought was brilliant too.

Sams88

Oct 9, 2019
I was doing some research into Kubrick's The Shining and stumbled across the Metacritic. It's amusing reading some of the contemporary reviews from major outlets. Particularly when put side by side with current day write-ups. Many of the aspects criticised back then are now hailed as genre defining and stood the test of time.

My point, great pieces of art, be it film, music, literature, games. Can only truly be judged in the fullness of time.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Moz La Punk You must be having a blast reading all these comments. Can only imagine. ahah

Just having a bit of fun before I hit the bed, so that I'm all refreshed and awake for the chaos that is tomorrow.

Edit: but on a serious note, I don't really enjoy knowing stuff before the general audience. It goes against my urge as a journalist to inform, as fast as possible. Plus I like finding out stuff together with everyone so you can discuss together. Same goes for E3-announcements and what not. Alas, thats how embargos work.

Last edited:

KirikaPirin

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I was doing some research into Kubrick's The Shining and stumbled across the Metacritic. It's amusing reading some of the contemporary reviews from major outlets. Particularly when put side by side with current day write-ups. Many of the aspects criticised back then are now hailed as genre defining and stood the test of time.

My point, great pieces of art, be it film, music, literature, games. Can only truly be judged in the fullness of time.

It takes time for people to reflect.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

Ahh of course, the Wonderful 101 Effect

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
After watching that incredible launch trailer, I'm convinced this game will score high, like really high, 95+ high.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sticking with my 81 meta prediction, but honestly, who bloody knows? Lol.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wish I was up at the time embargo drops to see how wild the atmosphere gets, but it will be 4am here. When I wake up I'll catch the aftermath though

I know a few people playing it, but I have no idea what kind of overall consensus this will get

Jan 20, 2019
I kinda wish I was up at the time embargo drops to see how wild the atmosphere gets, but it will be 4am here. When I wake up I'll catch the aftermath though

I know a few people playing it, but I have no idea what kind of overall consensus this will get

Same.

I hope this games score above 90 or the next week is just gonna be a shit show after shit show.

Status
Not open for further replies.