• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
YongYea caters to the toxic gaming community by sharing clickbait videos that stir up nonsense and spread misinformation. He's a popular gaming YTer in the alt-right community for "telling it like it is". He's a few shades off from The Quartering. Also, he defended PewDiePie when he got caught saying the N-word on livestream. YongYea said on his follow up video that "black people say the word all the time" and that it was OK.

After the release of MGSV, the dude was struggling to stay relevant, so he resorted to diving deep into shitty gaming commentary videos about whatever rumor or video pops up on the r/games reddit in the morning. The guy is a complete scumbag and tool. So fuck him.

It's interesting you say he caters to a toxic gaming community, whilst simultaneously calling him a scumbag and tool, and for what, in your examples, defending PewDiePie's admitted mistake, having clickbait videos and having some alt-right viewers? Do these things really warrant deeming someone a scumbag?

In case you didn't realise, a massive portion of the entire world right now leans right or is alt-right, so him having some or many alt-right viewers is wholly unexpected. Unless YongYea is alt-right himself, and there's notable examples of as much, it's seems a bit weird lauding that over him.

I personally lean strongly left, and whilst I've only watched maybe a dozen or more of his videos, he's never come off as especially toxic or as alt-right. Instead his content is pretty typical of the pick up every piece of news out there YouTube gaming tact.

Perhaps I just haven't seen enough, but based on your examples (or should I say lack of them), I have to wonder if this is a case of what Obama was discussing in this other thread.

Obama on 'Call-out culture' - "The world is messy. There are ambiguities. People who do really good stuff have flaws."

Woodbeam

May 6, 2019
Not linking to his garbage, but here are some video titles from his "coverage" of the Arenanet firings last year, which were the subject of typical gamergate bullshit:

"Fired Guild Wars 2 Dev Responds and Still Doesn't Get It"
"Fired ArenaNet Dev Returns With Another Insane Rant"
"Fired Guild Wars 2 Dev Accuses ArenaNet of Actively Soliciting Harassment..."
"ArenaNet CEO Responds to Fired Guild Wars 2 Dev's Ridiculous Claims"

Guess the gender of the titular dev. Are we done?

jxN3

Oct 3, 2018
Turned on the ost twitch... first song was fucking incredible, I had to turn that shit off, saving it for the game.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting you say he caters to a toxic gaming community, whilst simultaneously calling him a scumbag and tool, and for what, in your examples, defending PewDiePie's admitted mistake, having clickbait videos and having some alt-right viewers? Do these things really warrant deeming someone a scumbag?

I mean... yes?

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Honestly, I feel like some perhaps don't interact with enough people or have ridiculously unrealistic standards. In my line of business I get to speak to hundreds or even thousands of people every week, often times quite personally. The reality is a lot of people have questionable views on certain things, or political leanings or whatever, but depending on the severity and extent of those sentiments, it doesn't necessarily automatically make them scumbags either. Especially when many of them have other good qualities.

Point is, people are flawed and make mistakes. It's human nature. Add to that, not everyone is going to conform to your own personal political and social ideal. I'm not sure the examples I've seen or heard warrant the kind of vitriol or judgment I'm hearing against YongYea, but perhaps my standards are less harsh or I simply don't know enough.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I feel like some of you perhaps don't interact with enough people or have ridiculously unrealistic standards. In my line of business I get to speak to hundreds or even thousands of people every week, often times quite personally. The reality is a lot of people have questionable views on certain things, or political leanings or whatever, but depending on the severity and extent of those sentiments, it doesn't necessarily automatically make them scumbags either. Especially when many of them have other good qualities.

Point is, people are flawed and make mistakes. It's human nature. Not everyone is going to conform to your own personal political and social ideal. I'm not sure the examples I've seen or heard warrant the kind of vitriol or judgment I'm hearing against YongYea, but perhaps my standards are less harsh or I simply don't know enough.
This is grossly off-topic but I will say this before moving on: just cause lots of people are shit heads doesn't mean they should get a free pass. Also, this conversation is not about the general populace, it's about one specific youtuber who has formulated his entire brand around catering to the worst kind of gamers. He knows what he is doing and he knows the kind of people his audience is made up of. It's not ignorance.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes it does.
but perhaps my standards are less harsh or I simply don't know enough.
Or you just don't give a shit. But don't have the intellectual honestly to just say so.

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is grossly off-topic but I will say this before moving on: just cause lots of people are shit heads doesn't mean they should get a free pass. Also, this conversation is not about the general populace, it's about one specific youtuber who has formulated his entire brand around catering to the worst kind of gamers. He knows what he is doing and he knows the kind of people his audience is made up of. It's not ignorance.

None of the videos I've ever watched or the reasons I've watched him have been of that nature, so I don't think it's fair to say he's built his entire brand around that.

Seems to me he just discusses or posts videos about any and all gaming news (naturally for clicks and views), but that there is a possibility he may lean slightly conservative (he may also not, I really don't know).

Despite being an ardent leftist, I don't view all conservatives or people with certain conservative viewpoints as automatic scumbags etc, even if I do disagree with so many of the said viewpoints or sentiments, sometimes vehemently. At the end of the day, there's nuance to these things.

When someone shows me a clip of YongYea saying straight up misogynistic, racist, homophobic, bigoted or whatever else shit, then yea, I'd definitely think differently, but thus far all I'm seeing is differences of opinion or leaning on certain subjects.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know how long the PGW event will be? I don't expect the trailer to drop right away when the countdown ends...

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None of the videos I've ever watched or the reasons I've watched him have been of that nature, so I don't think it's fair to say he's built his entire brand around that.

Seems to me he just discusses or posts videos about any and all gaming news (naturally for clicks and views), but that there is a possibility he may lean slightly Conservative (he might also not, I really don't know).

Despite being an ardent leftist, I don't view all conservatives or people with certain conservative viewpoints as automatic scumbags etc, even if I do disagree with so many of the said viewpoints or sentiments, sometimes vehemently. At the end of the day, there's nuance to these things.

When someone shows me a clip of YongYea saying straight up misogynistic, racist, bigoted or whatever else shit, then yea, I'd definitely think differently, but thus far all I'm seeing is differences of opinion or leaning on certain subjects.
Okay there Boogie.

If you're out here defending PDP of all people, and other bullshit. That goes beyond just a "difference opinions"

Stop trying to pull this purity test bullshit.
Do we know how long the PGW event will be? I don't expect the trailer to drop right away when the countdown ends...
I think they'll open with it.

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Okay there Boogie.

If you're out here defending PDP of all people, and other bullshit. That goes beyond just a "difference opinions"

Stop trying to pull this purity test bullshit.

I think they'll open with it.

Nah, Boogie is straight up indefensible with his repeat foot in mouth middle ground but actually routinely supporting the wrong shit bullshit. And we're not talking a few times either, but dozens of examples of him being on the morally objectable side of things.

I'm not seeing that same parallel with YongYea, and I don't think his defence of PewDiePies admitted fuck up qualifies as comparable to Boogie.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Boogie is straight up indefensible with his repeat foot in mouth middle ground but actually routinely supporting the wrong shit bullshit. And we're not talking a few times either, but dozens of examples of him being on the morally objectable side of things.

I'm not seeing that same parallel with YongYea, and I don't think his defence of PewDiePies admitted fuck up qualifies as comparable to Boogie.
I was calling you boogie. Not Yongyea.

PDP is a fucking white supremacist. Fuck him and anyone that defends him.

Woodbeam

May 6, 2019
nib95 I was replying to you earlier, so I'll just quote myself while tagging you this time.
Not linking to his garbage, but here are some video titles from his "coverage" of the Arenanet firings last year, which were the subject of typical gamergate bullshit:

"Fired Guild Wars 2 Dev Responds and Still Doesn't Get It"
"Fired ArenaNet Dev Returns With Another Insane Rant"
"Fired Guild Wars 2 Dev Accuses ArenaNet of Actively Soliciting Harassment..."
"ArenaNet CEO Responds to Fired Guild Wars 2 Dev's Ridiculous Claims"

Guess the gender of the titular dev. Are we done?

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Opened the link at -14hrs earlier today and heard a couple tracks before tuning out. Tuned in again now 8hrs later and heard the same 2 tracks lol.

Saving the rest for the game but it's sounding incredible. So alien and fitting.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So, I guess the launch trailer drops later today, right? :)
Edit: I should've read the last two posts, lol.

Oct 26, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): minimizing bigotry, attacking the community
I was calling you boogie. Not Yongyea.

PDP is a fucking white supremacist. Fuck him and anyone that defends him.
Grow up. Do you even know what a whites supremacist is? PDP has never displayed or spoke of pro white rhetoric.Throwing it around like that actually degrades it's impact and makes it seem more acceptable. It legitimises actually white supremacists by making it main stream.

This forum can be a real cancer sometimes. So disappointing.

Last edited:

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Weird, that's how it worked for me. And like that?
www.youtube.com

BB's Theme

Provided to YouTube by Sony ClassicalBB's Theme · Ludvig Forssell · Jenny PlantBB's Theme℗ 2019 Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., under exclusive license ...
still doesn't work. This is how it shows up for me
hiJvOYm.png

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
The score is now up for preorder! Just preordered it via Apple Music and B.Bs Theme is available now.

The rest of the tracklisting is visible, 29 all together.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
the music sounds like something I would hear from Bladrunner movie or something... it's so awesome.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is this region locked or deleted? I can't play it..

I often have that same problem with embedded Youtube videos in this forum. The direct link to Youtube should work, works for me at least:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVavFG7xJ88

A trick I often use is clicking on play and immediately after that on Youtube to watch it on Youtube. You do have to be really quick though or else it shows the video as unavailable for you.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
The soundtrack is available on Apple Music and Spotify. I would guess YouTube and other places shortly. BB's theme is officially out which I assume is the main theme of the game and will be the launch trailer song since it's the only song officially released. BB's theme is fantastic.

Last edited:

jxN3

Oct 3, 2018
Can't believe ya'll about to watch this trailer when the game is so close. Stay strong, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.