• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
He talked about how stuff will disappear as fewer people use it or how things degrade because of the timefall, so not everything will litter the world.
Ah, that sucks. Assuming it's a really big game, people could build beneficial things in off-path areas that just don't see a lot of action and they go away.

Shy Are the weirdo Silent Hills theorists done now after the gameplay reveals?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Doubt the game has a day/night cycle, we would have seen different lighting conditions by now.

In the subtitled version of the TGS gameplay you can read Kojima say before Sam reaches the city: "It's getting dark and we are alone."
Sounds like there will be a night to me.

My question is: Will this be an always online game? Can we turn off other people influencing our game altogether?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The usual.

Walking Simulator. "I don't get it," as he's explaining it. "Where's the game?" "Looks boring." Forced jokes. Why do we need this? Why do we need that? Hating on "likes" and social media aspect.

I don't care if people are down for the game or not, you can dislike it. That's fine. But, it's the forced cynicism I can't deal with. Hating or at least pretending to be cynical about something before you've even seen it. And making dumb, forced jokes because you don't want to engage in any real discussion about what the game is attempting.
Ahh. Yeah i can see that being infuriating.
@Shy Are the weirdo Silent Hills theorists done now after the gameplay reveals?
You mean the Metal Gear Zero fool ? Nah. People like that can't be reasoned with.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
In the subtitled version of the TGS gameplay you can read Kojima say before Sam reaches the city: "It's getting dark and we are alone."

My question is: Will this be an always online game? Can we turn off other people influencing our game altogether?

You can. You can opt in and out the whole Strand networking feature from the menu.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does nobody like my second suggestion ? 😞

Death Stranding |OT| Mads. I'm already a postman.

Oct 26, 2017

But it's specifically not getting dark when he reaches the city. It's the weather making the sky dark, and then the sun comes out when he gets over the crest of the hill.

Oct 27, 2017

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Piss Walker is sublime for several reasons, including that it seems you won't actually kill anybody in this game, or even harm further than throwing a 4 kg luggage to their face.

On the online features, I really hope it doesn't ask for ps plus or they can go to hell and eat shit. And honestly I don't know what to expect in that regard.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Piss Walker is sublime for several reasons, including that it seems you won't actually kill anybody in this game, or even harm further than throwing a 4 kg luggage to their face.

On the online features, I really hope it doesn't ask for ps plus or they can go to hell and eat shit. And honestly I don't know what to expect in that regard.
You actually CAN kill people and things in the game, as far as we know. He has weapons that aren't just "rope".

As for the online stuff, people here on Era who have had the chance to ask about it during events and whatnot were told PS+ is not required.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
You actually CAN kill people and things in the game, as far as we know. He has weapons that aren't just "rope".

As for the online stuff, people here on Era who have had the chance to ask about it during events and whatnot were told PS+ is not required.

Cool about the online.
About killing, I didn't know, I think the shooting I've seen on trailers has always been on BTs so not exactly people. And I thought the game was also meant to be an statement on violence in games. Am I disappointed? We'll see I guess.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
Are there any words on the offline mode?

The world will be totally empty or there will be AI players and a default status of the game world?

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Cool about the online.
About killing, I didn't know, I think the shooting I've seen on trailers has always been on BTs so not exactly people. And I thought the game was also meant to be an statement on violence in games. Am I disappointed? We'll see I guess.
The official EU page for the game says something like "killing is always the last option you want to do, as every death comes with a major consequence".

I may be off on the exact wording, but it seems like deaths in the game could result in unwanted side effects, like void outs and such.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
The official EU page for the game says something like "killing is always the last option you want to do, as every death comes with a major consequence".

I may be off on the exact wording, but it seems like deaths in the game could result in unwanted side effects, like void outs and such.

Then maybe there actually is a Piss Walker trophy :) lol

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, you can just tell that Kojima loves "movies". The sick freak. Personally I wouldn't be caught dead watching one of them moving pictures.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So its confirmed that Reedus only speaks on cutscenes? His interactions on the open world seem like another voice actor.

Supervlieg

CEO at Little Chicken
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
After the gameplay demo I sorta lost a bit of interest. Will wait for the reviews before buying.

Jun 26, 2018

Void outs seems to be specifically linked to being eaten alive by BT "catchers", if you consider the Trailer with the corpse retrieval team and the giant BT.

No idea what the consequence of regular death is, outside of Norman being able to come back from the dead... perhaps the enemies you kill will come back to haunt / fight you when you yourself die?

Serpico99

Oct 29, 2017
NYC
Death Stranding |OT| May Contain Gameplay
Death Stranding |OT| The Walking Strand
Death Stranding |OT| The Death Stranding?!

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
I have a theory that the game map is really big, like, real life USA scale, and the only way to complete the game is via cooperation. The first players will be like pioneers, setting up items in uncharted land, inching to the west step by step, while later players can enjoy all the things set up and get to the frontier much quicker.

Though the theory doesn't make much sense in such a plot centric game, but then again there was the MGS5 nuclear disarmament video...

Oct 26, 2017
I have a theory that the game map is really big, like, real life USA scale, and the only way to complete the game is via cooperation. The first players will be like pioneers, setting up items in uncharted land, inching to the west step by step, while later players can enjoy all the things set up and get to the frontier much quicker.

Though the theory doesn't make much sense in such a plot centric game, but then again there was the MGS5 nuclear disarmament video...

Your basis for this theory is just that nothing makes sense in these games?

Everything we've been shown points to a map that's not especially large, definitely smaller than a Just Cause game.

Status
Not open for further replies.