• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hades war bit combined with the black shadows in the trailer brought back a memory of a crazy recurring dream I use to have when I was in my teens. Strange how things can trigger memories that had seemingly been forgotten.

larrybud

Oct 25, 2017
I've somehow developed a huge crush on the "mama" woman in the space of three seconds of trailer footage

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
So I'm guessing the dead US president lady is/was his wife who got hit by time fall and aged rapidly and died?

edit: then again, she was wearing a bandanna-esque clothe around her head, so maybe cancer/chemo?

Deleted member 39184

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 28, 2018
MRW Higgs takes off his mask to reveal another mask.

giphy.gif

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've heard about time fall in relation to this game before but I cannot remember where.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
"You'll be able to go anywhere you want... even the moon."

Someone has to have mentioned this already, right?

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
you may be right, but at least you shouldn't put that in your trailer in order to try to sell your product
I'm not sure why? It's not a necessarily a celebration of these horrible acts. Only a recognition that this game will grapple with these types of intense scenes, villains, and themes. I see nothing wrong with that.

Macattk15

Nov 4, 2017
Gee, making gifs of sexual assault really drives home that this game is going sell well regardless. Fuck this industry.

My god I had to scroll back to find what you were talking about ..... and it ended up being that tame clip .... people are super sensitive nowadays. I feel like if it was her licking his face, it'd be no big deal.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
you may be right, but at least you shouldn't put that in your trailer in order to try to sell your product
meant to depict the horrible nature of the homo demens this case, and please lets not derail a whole thread just for that. if you find it a big deal make a new thread about it and see how long it will last.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I saw someone point out in the other thread that Margaret's character has the same glasses as the girl on Sam's back in the Man with the Golden Mask trailer but I dont see the same facial structure. I still think it might be Joosten since Emily O'brien is listed as voice over. Is she a character? We dont know.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I saw someone point out in the other thread that Margaret's character has the same glasses as the girl on Sam's back in the Man with the Golden Mask trailer but I dont see the same facial structure. I still think it might be Joosten since Emily O'brien is listed as voice over. Is she a character? We dont know.
4OBFiMB.png

no doubt about it. Its Mama
Stefani has a diffrent profile and nose

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Maybe... just seems awkward they put the Dutch flag there and also the whole thing about Joosten's manager giving that character that is supposedly Joosten a thumbs up on twitter.
Dutch flag has the strips the same size. The white stripe in that image is too thin to be a dutch flag. It has the same colors from the dutch flag though, but can be something else.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe... just seems awkward they put the Dutch flag there and also the whole thing about Joosten's manager giving that character that is supposedly Joosten a thumbs up on twitter.
the face def does not match with joosten tho. the nose of the girl is straight and different chin matching Margaret Qualley. Also dutch flag on the thing might not mean too much. she is dutch irl but in game even Mama could be dutch in the story.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Hundred bucks says that scene with all the people facing away from the camera is a scanned head model of every celebrity that walked through Kojima Productions.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
can we talk about how the only non-white actors of the cast are literally called DEADman and DIEHARDman? kojima must be out of his f*cking mind
You're very welcome to talk about that. I don't feel all that qualified to talk about the racism in Kojima's works.
Isn't he supposed to be a villain?
Yes, villains do bad things. Particularly these "homo" demons.
What? Who are you? Stories aren't allowed to be written anymore? Sexual assault is horrid but it's also something real that "is" allowed to be depicted in narrative form.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant to convey. Only rape survivors should be allowed to depict sexual assault, also women should only be allowed to depict women. /playing the strawperson
My god I had to scroll back to find what you were talking about ..... and it ended up being that tame clip .... people are super sensitive nowadays. I feel like if it was her licking his face, it'd be no big deal.
Unwanted touching is sexual assault per even the department of justice. You are right it might not be treated the same if a woman was doing it to a man. Not my problem we live in a rape culture. 🤷‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.