• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which of these hypothetical matchups would you looking foward to the most?

• Yoda (Star Wars) vs Meta Knight (Kirby)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Doctor Doom (Marvel) vs Lex Luthor (DC)

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Ryuko Matoi (KLK) vs Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan) vs Blake Belladona (RWBY)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steven Universe (Steven Universe) vs Star Butterfly (Star and the Forces of Evil)

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Link (Legend of Zelda) vs Cloud (Final Fantasy) sequel

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizzare Adventure) vs Alucard (Hellsing)

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Revealed at the end of Hulk vs Broly, DEATH BATTLE Season 8 will be coming out March 7th,2021 and will be the 10th Anniversery Season - meaning they will be focused on highly requested matchups. They teased some future charcters that will appear in next season starting off with a shot of Yoda and Luke Skywalker then a shot of Doctor Doom's Eyes. Then a shot of the Junketsu transformation sequence from Kill La Kill then a shot of the Survey Corps Logo from Attack on Titan. The final two teases was a shot from the intro of Steven Universe and Cloud Strife on the train to Midgar. In terms of what this means in terms of future matchups next season. If i were to guess:

• Yoda (Star Wars) vs Meta Knight (Kirby) (Highly requested matchup for both combatants)
  • Doctor Doom (Marvel) vs Lex Luthor (DC) (Requested quite a lot. Between two extremely powerful Comic Book Villains)
  • Ryuko Matoi (KLK) vs Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic) (Highly requested matchup by the fans and research team)
  • Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan) vs Blake Belladona (RWBY)(Most requested Attack on Titan matchup and a highly requested matchup from fans)
  • Steven Universe (Steven Universe) vs Star Butterfly (Star and the Forces of Evil) (VERY requested matchup that has been talked about a lot recently)
  • Link (Legend of Zelda) vs Cloud (Final Fantasy) sequel (Sequel to one of their most popular DEATH BATTLEs, needs a sequel)

There's another matchup i think will be happening and that's Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizzare Adventure) vs Alucard (Hellsing) since they already confirmed there will be a Vampire Fight next season and Dio vs Alucard has been confirmed by the DEATH BATTLE creators to be happening at some point. What do you think of these matchups and who do you think will win?

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of Luthor vs Doom.
Luthor already got blown up by Stark.
Doom is like magnitudes above that.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Why, because Ryuko has black hair with a red streak?
image0.jpg

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never knew Mikasa vs. Blake or Ryuko vs. Shadow was something ppl wanted.

Also Doom would smoke Lex ez pz.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I never knew Mikasa vs. Blake or Ryuko vs. Shadow was something ppl wanted.

Also Doom would smoke Lex ez pz.
Mikasa vs Blake is the most requested AOT matchup and this season is about those matchups so i wouldn't be suprised if it happen

...do they even know what an emo is?
Not sure. Shadow is probalby the most requested opponent for Ryuko hence why i went with it but there are other potential matchups

There is another Doctor Doom idea that could work but i think Lex is more likely:

doctor_doom_vs_gilgamesh_by_dragongriffon_de5hce3-pre.jpg

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
How is metaknight even going to fight yoda's force powers?
Metaknight can release shockwaves and typhoons in some of his boss battles. He doesn't actually need to get close to Yoda. There's also his speed, if they consider it comparable to Kirby's (since in the games he's shown keeping up with a Warpstar using his wing... although he was never involved in the few actual high end warp star feats so it could go either way depending on how they interpret that).

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Sounds like a pretty interesting season. I'm definitely looking forward to Steven vs Star, though never did watch a single episode of Steven (don't really watch CN these days) though I take it the former has been said to have a bigger advantage?

Also for Ryuko, I personally don't see it being Shadow, but rather Akame from Akame Ga Kill. I honestly think Shadow is done to death already, plus as a person who has watched all Kill la Kill, I really don't know Shadow's chances of beating Ryuko beyond using chaos control.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
There is another Yoda matchup it could be (Ben was intrestred in it) but due to reasons - i don't think it's happening

king_mickey_vs_yoda_by_arcaneadvent_d55db73-fullview.jpg

I would rather Xehanort vs Palpatine happen
maxresdefault.jpg

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Link vs. Cloud is some old school GameFAQs shit.

Steven vs. Star will be interesting. I haven't watched enough of SU to get a good sense of the final power level, but I do know they go into space.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Question, do you thnk Attack on Titan was overdue in terms of appearing in DEATH BATTLE? (Consideirng it's an extremely well known series)

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Would be interesting if the crew explored Little Witch Academia and the Owl House one of these days.

From the latter show, Eda is a friggin' absurd character having watched it so far. Think I'm about 2 episodes away from finishing season one on Disney+.

Luz would be an interesting opponent for Akko, both being aspiring witches in their respective shows.

For Diana Cavendish's opponent, I would pick either Amity or Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Would be interesting if the crew explored Little Witch Academia and the Owl House one of these days.

From the latter show, Eda is a friggin' absurd character having watched it so far. Think I'm about 2 episodes away from finishing season one on Disney+.

Luz would be an interesting opponent for Akko, both being aspiring witches in their respective shows.

For Diana Cavendish's opponent, I would pick either Amity or Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter.
That's definetly doable though for some reason DEATH BATTLE doesn't do a lot of cartoon matchups/have cartoon charcters in DB. Like previously we had only had three - Starscream vs Rainbow Dash, He-Man vs Lion-O and Danny Phantom vs Jake Long (This season will likely also have Steven vs Star and maybe Mickey Mouse vs Bugs Bunny). I could 100% see them doing more cartoon charcters if they get enough requests in. For example DEATH BATTLE have stated on their show DBC that the DB Team really want to use Darkwing Duck:

darkwing-duck-ducktales.png

So who knows. Maybe we will see more Cartoon matchups and charcters in the future.

I am curious on what pepole think on Steven Universe vs Star Butterfly - i totally get why pepole want to see it especially considering how the series are often compared. I wonder if it's going to be sprites or fully hand-drawn.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Season 8 is confirmed for 16 Episodes (due to outside factors) instead of 20 episode which was last year.

Also..a certain fight might happen next year that has been requested for so long it's become a meme:

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Still hoping for Donald vs. Daffy, the battle of the Ducks.

If only to just have then try to sum up the Donald Duck comics in a way that makes sense. For one, Donald is both a superhero and a super agent. Like facing James Bond who is also Batman... and a duck.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
They really keeping that Aizen vs Madara match in the break in case of emergency box huh
Aizen vs Madara is definetly going to happen next season.

In terms of fights that weren't teased:

Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna
Dio vs Alucard
Aizen vs Madara
Dumbeldore vs Gandalf
Galactus vs Unicron

Are the five i am pretty confident will happen next season

Still hoping for Donald vs. Daffy, the battle of the Ducks.

If only to just have then try to sum up the Donald Duck comics in a way that makes sense. For one, Donald is both a superhero and a super agent. Like facing James Bond who is also Batman... and a duck.
I feel like Mickey vs Bugs is probalby going to happen first...which might be a copyright nightmare for DB