• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoes on or off in the house?

• On, I like dirt.

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • Off, I wasn't raised in a barn.

Votes: 863 90.1%
  • 1 shoe on, 1 shoe off

Votes: 23 2.4%
  • i don't wear shoes at all

Votes: 7 0.7%

• Total voters

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
I go barefoot as much as possible. If it's really cold i'll wear some nice socks, but that's it. Never wear shoes in my house.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Depends. I clean the bottoms of my shoes, so dirt isn't really a concern for me. If I'm dressed or plan on leaving soon, I'll wear shoes. If not, I'm wearing socks.

I hate "house shoes", slippers, and slides, so I'm never wearing those.

My family must be different because we never had shoes on in the house growing up. Alabama here.

That was just my experience, but I lived in CT, NM, AZ, CA, GA, NY and VA when I was in the States and the only place I knew where you had to take shoes off at a rich friend's house because they had cream carpets. I also lived abroad quite a bit as a kid and it wasn't until Japan that I ever encountered the shoes off as a rule. Didn't see what other US people said, but have they been similar to your experience or mine?

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Wearing shoes in your own home is weird af. Glad era is on the side of sensibility here.