• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Funnily enough I just finished a rewatch the other day. Been watching an episode or two while cooking for the past ~2 months.
It was just as good as I remembered tbh, and y'all should be ashamed for letting donkey drying like that at first lol

Not sure I'd want a sequel or anything though - it ran its course and ended on a really note, can't see them topping it.

As it happened I had also been playing Super Robot Wars T at the same time, and finished with it two days ago - Domon was an absolute monster and it was wonderful.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
As I understand it, Tomokazu Seki - Domon's voice actor - can't quite do the screams anymore, which is why the voice clips in Super Robot Wars T are recycled from MX. So that's one hurdle if you want a sequel.

Honestly, I'd go for spiritual sequel. The super robot genre could use a kick up the backside, so why not let Gundam give it a try?

...oh god give me Tryon 3 the series.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Need to re-do that Gundam model that represents my country (Singapore) first...

why are we represented by an octopus?

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Who wants to watch a sequel to lame-o who calls his move Shining Finger but then proceeds to just use his whole hand.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Kamiki Build Burning Gundam deserves a Master Grade more than a God Gundam 2.0. There, I said it.
HilariousFloweryAlbatross-size_restricted.gif

It was just as good as I remembered tbh, and y'all should be ashamed for letting donkey drying like that at first lol

I felt so alone for a bit. ;__;

Not before we get a Crossbone anime goddamnit.

But also this. We need the adventures of Tobia the great.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Meh, G is stupid early 90's fun at its prime. I won't go as far as to call it racist since there wasn't seemingly any ill will in any of its depictions, but hoooooo boy it had that level of shocking stereotyping that only 90's anime had. India being a snake charmer, Netherlands a windmill (which is still funny, get over it Netherlanders,) Kenya's being a... Zulu Warrior? Ok maybe they needed a map for that one, America is a surfing cowboy in football gear!

Everything about it just is a product of its time, like everything else. A G gundam sequel would be fun, but part of G's appeal really is the absurdity of the entire 49 episode run.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
G Gundam is the only Gundam I ever liked and I still wouldn't like a sequel. For one thing, would Imagawa be back? For another, that ending was perfect already.

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
G Gundam is absurd in the best way. I would love a sequel, if done try. Take out the stereotypes and just do more crazy stuff.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love g gundam. My only issue with it is the overreliance on using shining finger and not even in new ways every dann episode as finisher.

OP
OP
Yukari

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Would rather have a proper continuation of Gundam The Origin instead.

There's really nothing a G Gundam sequel would bring to the table. A Shuffle Alliance prequel would be more interesting. Imagine a story about Master Asia in his prime.

There a manga about that

All I want is an MG Nether Gundam and then my life will be complete.

Plot Twist is P-Bandai

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Oct 27, 2017
then try to reach out to artits from those nations with rough general guidelines for mechs and let them go a bit ham designing and naming them. I think it would help avoid things like Tequila Gundam.
Yeah there's a 0% chance of that happening, and it's kind of ridiculous to expect. Imagine if every fictional story that involved another country had the artists have to reach out to artists of that country to help with its designs or imagery

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
The director of G Gundam has two whole Mecha shows that need a continuation more than G Gundam

Giant Robo

Shin Mazinger Z

At least G Gundam actually concluded it's story.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I don't even need an anime, just give me new MGs that aren't five centuries old at this point
This. More G Gundam models would be aces. I don't even collect gunpla but I'd buy a high-quality Rose Gundam. The really old HG kits were good enough when I was a teenager, I suppose, but I wouldn't want one of those now.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
As a Mexican, my problem with Tequila Gundam wasn't the revolutionary attire, but that they gave it maritime capabilities and a trident for battle, none of which have anything to do with Mexico. They clearly needed to have a water-based Gundam on the show and they just slapped Mexico unto it.
I love g gundam. My only issue with it is the overreliance on using shining finger and not even in new ways every dann episode as finisher.
It makes more sense if you look at G Gundam as a magical girl show instead of a mecha show. The point isn't really the battles but the dramatic stakes between the characters.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
G Gundam is one of my favorite shows of all time but I don't think it needs a sequel. I would be up for a spiritual successor though that has the right amount of camp.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stop wishing for sequels/reboots to old shit. LIke, yeah, every once in a while you get something good like The Last Jedi, but 9/10 times you get some swill that, at best, is significantly worse than the original, if not actively detrimental to the the original's reputation and watchability.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Meh, I've tried getting into G Gundam multiple times but could never get hooked. It's too much out there, way too silly and just deflects me like Turn A or that Reconguistavistalista-whatever shows.

What I want is a new Gundam in the vein of 08th MS Team but with less shift-towards-bad in the latter half of the series and more focus on "normal" soldiers. Give me another "grounded" Gundam like this:

or this:

Check out Gundam Thunderbolt. It's short..but wow.

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a Mexican, my problem with Tequila Gundam wasn't the revolutionary attire, but that they gave it maritime capabilities and a trident for battle, none of which have anything to do with Mexico. They clearly needed to have a water-based Gundam on the show and they just slapped Mexico unto it.
Are you sure you aren't mistaking the Tequila Gundam for this instead?
ggunmer1.jpg

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Check out Gundam Thunderbolt. It's short..but wow.
As said in a previous post: yeah, seen it and absolutely love it. :D

I want however a new show set in the UC verse, formed like Iron Blooded Orphans or 08th MS Team that focuses on a unit of people, not just individuals. And that they are (mostly at least) not super people with "experimental amazing gundams never seen before wow exclusive". That's what I quite loved about 08th MS Team, they were just grunts.