• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I'm afraid the ship has sailed.

And even if it hadn't, G Gundam would have to get in line behind Giant Robo and Shin Mazinger Z as Yasuhiro Imagawa most direly in need of continuation.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I would be happy with a G Gundam sequel that's a fair deal less racist than the original was. Like, G Gundam is stupid fun, but it's also really, really culturally insensitive. Tequila Gundam? Really?

Aine

May 27, 2019
Unless Sunrise somehow collabs with Trigger or something, a G Gundam revival in 2019 won't be nearly as fun to watch.

I would be happy with a G Gundam sequel that's a fair deal less racist than the original was. Like, G Gundam is stupid fun, but it's also really, really culturally insensitive. Tequila Gundam? Really?

Also this.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They'd have to get most of the original staff together (which isn't totally out of the question, given Madhouse got almost everyone back for Card Captor Sakura, but I'd imagine they'd need to collaborate with other studios to do so), which is probably the most difficult aspect. The staff is what really made the show what it was and it can't be understated.

Not gonna lie, I'd love to see it, but I feel... it'd be difficult.

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Domon yelling his monologue and hype speech every time but it's a super racist show. I'm pretty sure the entire continent of Africa has a Gundam cause the guy thought it was a country...and of course it's like a zebra hunter or some shit.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I liked Domon yelling his monologue and hype speech every time but it's a super racist show. I'm pretty sure the entire continent of Africa has a Gundam cause the guy thought it was a country...and of course it's like a zebra hunter or some shit.

Yup. It's fucking Zebra Gundam. God it's dumb.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UmeĂĄ, Sweden
Meh, I've tried getting into G Gundam multiple times but could never get hooked. It's too much out there, way too silly and just deflects me like Turn A or that Reconguistavistalista-whatever shows.

What I want is a new Gundam in the vein of 08th MS Team but with less shift-towards-bad in the latter half of the series and more focus on "normal" soldiers. Give me another "grounded" Gundam like this:

or this:

Master Of Illusion

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
It ended in a maximally awesome cheesy flamboyantly manly happy ending of romance and yelling.

Let it die the glorious death it did.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Meh, I've tried getting into G Gundam multiple times but could never get hooked. It's too much out there, way too silly and just deflects me like Turn A or that Reconguistavistalista-whatever shows.

What I want is a new Gundam in the vein of 08th MS Team but with less shift-towards-bad in the latter half of the series and more focus on "normal" soldiers. Give me another "grounded" Gundam like this:

Not quite s grounded and in space, but what about Gundam Thunderbolt?

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't somebody look it up and say that the Zebra Gundam is actually a pretty good representation of one of the warriors of local tribes in the country it's supposed to be from? I remember seeing something like that.

Anyway, you have my support OP. G Gundam is still my favorite gundam and I really want more of it.

Gundam Build Fighters barely counts, especially when that one God Gundam inspired protag was super garbage and he used the god finger technique like maybe one time? They never showed who his teacher was or whatever either. Just a bunch of cock teasing and it ended up being shit. The 3v3 system was also a huge step down in the fights.

At least everybody recognizes that G Gundam still has the best romance story in any gundam series.

Moara

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Gundam Build Fighters barely counts, especially when that one God Gundam inspired protag was super garbage and he used the god finger technique like maybe one time? They never showed who his teacher was or whatever either. Just a bunch of cock teasing and it ended up being shit. The 3v3 system was also a huge step down in the fights.

They did actually...

7454d3d4103bb6345967289a2943c74f.png

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's time to make Anime Super Robot Great again!

also, make new MG 2.0 and others from series.

How they gonna leave ou the Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken like that? That's awful.

They did actually...

7454d3d4103bb6345967289a2943c74f.png

He appeared in a flashback in like one scene. I don't even think he had any dialogue. It was so bad. Unless I'm remembering this shit wrong, all I know is that I was irritated by it.

Moara

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
How they gonna leave ou the Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken like that? That's awful.

He appeared in a flashback in like one scene. I don't even think he had any dialogue. It was so bad. Unless I'm remembering this shit wrong, all I know is that I was irritated by it.

Literally just shown at the very end. It's just fanservice and nothing more.

Moara

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly why it's so garbage! They didn't need to make him a recurring character but c'mon man. The worst part is the protag not even using the god finger properly. It was terrible.

Lol well I never said Try was that good. The first Build Fighters is dope though.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Look I love G Gundam, but I think the story in SRW T is about as good of a sequel its going to get, plus it doesn't have stereotypes like the original did.

I would kill for a another sequel to Macross 7 though, just to get the taste of Delta out of my mouth.

And I mean something actually new not the weird recap movie they did like 6 years ago.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
I'd even settle for frontier... Delta seems to have killed Macross off again since we were supposed to get a new series last year...
Frontier would be a good choice too.

It feels like they didn't have a solid plan with Delta and they cant figure out what to do next.

Either that or funds for for producing shows dried up.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
That show was amazingly racist. iI's really lucky with the timing to get away with it, lol. I'm amazed there's no black face Gundam.

Edit:The thing that got me was some Denmark got mermaid, Mexico got Clint Eastwood, Spain got a bull, Australia got a fucking kangaroo, Nepal got a bell... But Sweden got a gymnastic Sailor Moon, lol

Last edited:

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That show was amazingly racist. iI's really lucky with the timing to get away with it, lol. I'm amazed there's no black face Gundam.
Real talk, if there ever was a sequel, what would be a good way to address such parts of the show? I think one good step would be for them to decide early on the nations taking part in the competition then try to reach out to artits from those nations with rough general guidelines for mechs and let them go a bit ham designing and naming them. I think it would help avoid things like Tequila Gundam.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Real talk, if there ever was a sequel, what would be a good way to address such parts of the show? I think one good step would be for them to decide early on the nations taking part in the competition then try to reach out to artits from those nations with rough general guidelines for mechs and let them go a bit ham designing and naming them. I think it would help avoid things like Tequila Gundam.
Set the show a year or two later and change all of the problematic designs, claim the existence of the G Gundam caused everyone to rethink their design strategy.

As for how they should be designed, I have no idea.