• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should Infamous Retun?

• Hell yes

Votes: 626 55.6%
  • Nah man

Votes: 499 44.4%

• Total voters

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Infamous is a fun game, but no. They did three games already, move on to GOT2 or something else.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
As much as I'd love a new inFamous game, I think I'd be even more excited for a new Sly Cooper.

That said if they don't have the rights for Sly anymore (I know Sanzaru made the HD collection and 4 on PS3) a new inFamous would be great, especially with how dang pretty it would be on PS5.

Ghost of Tsushima was one of my top 3 of 2020 so a follow up to that (new setting or otherwise) would also be cool. I just want more of what they do :p

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
what if Infamous powers but in feudal Japan and you're a samurai weilding your sword with lighting powers (no idea if Tsushima has mythological elements as I haven't played it)

X05

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yes, I love them so give me a remaster of 1, 2 and Festival of Blood (since they are stuck on the PS3 and run like ass)

Also FoB is the best one

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Infamous is a shitty series. I bought every single one hoping to like them as they looked like they would be my cup of tea but i never even could get halfway in any of them. Cole is an awful awful character along with Delsin and just every other character in the games. Urgh.

Movement was good though but thats it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I really really liked the entire infamous series, but I voted no. This studio is talented as fuck. Let them make anything they want.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
All the infamous games are good. I'd love to see a ps5 patch for second son and first light. Ps5 remasters of 1 and 2 could be cool.

But with Spiderman as a first party game, there's really no reason to make a new one. Ghosts is a cool step forward. Let them make a new franchise if rather than revisit an old one.

Oct 30, 2017
I think it's a bit difficult for Sony right now to balance sequels and new IPs.

Almost all of the big Sony studios had successful releases last gen and it would make sense to produce sequels. But at the same time you can't have just sequels from Insomniac, SSM, Guerilla Games, Sucker Punch, Bend and Naughty Dog. Should be 50/50 imo.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want an infamous 3 so bad.

Bring back Cole, make Delsin's evil ending canonical, and move from there.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
All the infamous games are good. I'd love to see a ps5 patch for second son and first light. Ps5 remasters of 1 and 2 could be cool.

But with Spiderman as a first party game, there's really no reason to make a new one. Ghosts is a cool step forward. Let them make a new franchise if rather than revisit an old one.
Doesn't mean they have SM as their superheroes franchise that it should be the only one.
As much as I'd love a new inFamous game, I think I'd be even more excited for a new Sly Cooper.

That said if they don't have the rights for Sly anymore (I know Sanzaru made the HD collection and 4 on PS3) a new inFamous would be great, especially with how dang pretty it would be on PS5.

Ghost of Tsushima was one of my top 3 of 2020 so a follow up to that (new setting or otherwise) would also be cool. I just want more of what they do :p
Sly Cooper is SIE IP and Sucker Punch is a SIE studio. If they wanted to make one, they could. Sanzaaru are owned by Facebook.
It's Infamous. No one cares about Infamous.
8M+ people would disagree with you.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see another studio taking a crack at it, but I'm cool with where Sucker Punch is right now.

And yeah, remasters would be nice.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Infamous 1 and 2 a lot but Second Son did nothing for me. I think Infamous had its time and place and I'd rather SP work on Tsushima 2 and eventually another new IP.

And, as other people have said, Insomniac Spider-Man fills the Infamous shaped hole in PS Studios' catalogue very well.

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
Something about that generation (PS3 and 360 games) that don't hold up well. Infamous is alot more bland than Sly or GOT. Unless the game gets a serious overhaul im okay with it not coming back.

I would rather a new IP or a sequel to GOT at this point.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Bring back the first two games' emphasis on fun (and not just quick) traversal and I'd be all about it, but also I liked Ghost of Tsushima way more than I expected to - I'm fine if they stick with that for now. I miss the wild platforming of inFamous, but I feel like SP nailed *tone* in Ghost of Tsushima in a way that they struggled to do with all of the inFamous games.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
An InFamous sequel following the evil ending to Infamous 2 would be my dream

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I liked Infamous 1 and 2 a lot but Second Son did nothing for me. I think Infamous had its time and place and I'd rather SP work on Tsushima 2 and eventually another new IP.

And, as other people have said, Insomniac Spider-Man fills the Infamous shaped hole in PS Studios' catalogue very well.
SM doesn't scratch the same itch as inFamous did. It's why Rocksteady has been stuck on the Batman Arkham-verse since 2009 and yes Suicide Squad is part of it.
Something about that generation (PS3 and 360 games) that don't hold up well. Infamous is alot more bland than Sly or GOT. Unless the game gets a serious overhaul im okay with it not coming back.

I would rather a new IP or a sequel to GOT at this point.
I hope by bland you don't mean generic, because there are no superpower/superheroes games out there that let you have multiple elemental powers to play with.
An InFamous sequel following the evil ending to Infamous 2 would be my dream
I don't see it ever happening. Sucker Punch already said the good ending was the canon ending.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sure. I wouldn't mind. It's one of the better "superhero" styled games at the time considering Arkham was already it's own beast. I still think every franchise that SP has released progressively gets better so I'd rather a Ghost sequel.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I want Festival of Blood as a full length title. I thought there was a ton of potential in that concept.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Doesn't mean they have SM as their superheroes franchise that it should be the only one.

It's not only because of two super hero games. If Sony made an X-Men game that was a cinematic cooperative brawler or something, there would be overlap but also reasonable differentiation. Often when I'm playing Miles Morales, it *feels* like I'm playing Infamous because they both have very loose, agile movement, lots of aerial traversal options, similarly shallow (in terms of interactivity) open cities, etc. They are just very similar games in addition to the thematic similarity.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Cole's story was wrapped up with Infamous 2's endings (both endings are canon. Evil ending loops back to the first game, Good ending leads on to Second Son)

Delsin needs a sequel

Feb 15, 2019
Naah, not unless they can make the different powers actually feel completely unique.

I was pretty disappointed in the different powers of Second Son. Basically all of them were really similar except for some passives that differ (Neon being able to aim at weak points when shooting etc) and their R1(I think it was R1) ability that was completely different for every superpower. All the rest was way too similar which really bummed me out and made my hype instantly disappear when all the powers just have a melee combo that looks different but is pretty much the same and shooting on R2 for the most part.

I was really hoping all the powers would differ tremendously but it was still mostly the same third person awkward shooting.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'd definitely love to see inFAMOUS return. One of my favorite new IPs of the PS3 era, and I also really enjoyed the PS4 titles.

A full on remake of inFAMOUS 1 and 2 would be awesome, as they're still my favorites in the series, especially 2. I recently replayed both inFAMOUS 1 and inFAMOUS 2 in the month leading up to Ghost of Tsushima's launch, and, man, inFAMOUS 2 is so much fun to play. I played it through PS Now, and I was impressed at 1, how well it played on PS Now, but also how nice it looked, even at it's lower resolution. The gameplay was still as fun as ever, and I even checked out the UGC, and found that the UGC series of missions I created (and that Sucker Punch loved and reached out to me to feature!), was still there, and playable!

If ever there was a game I wanted to see get the Bluepoint treatment, it's inFAMOUS 2. Their engine, in that setting, would be glorious. If Sucker Punch ever reached a point where they could handle two projects at once, I'd hope it'd be a continuation of GoT, as well as a continuation of inFAMOUS. Both IPs are awesome, and I want more games in both. Sucker Punch killed it with Ghost of Tsushima, so I wouldn't want them to drop it to return to inFAMOUS. I also think inFAMOUS is strong enough of a core concept that another talented developer could run with it and do some fun stuff.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Why wouldn't a sequel work? Even a direct sequel is hinted at.

A sequel being hinted at doesn't make it a good idea. I feel like GoT had a pretty fulfilling ending, even WITH some of the "cliffhangers". Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to follow Tomoe's story, or maybe get a look at the second mainland invasion from the Mongols, but neither one of those ideas lend themselves to the title of "Ghost of Tsushima 2" very well...

You know it can't happen. The studio who made Thieves in Time (Sanzaaru Games) are owned by Facebook now. Not happening.
I had no idea, tbh...

Often when I'm playing Miles Morales, it *feels* like I'm playing Infamous because they both have very loose, agile movement, lots of aerial traversal options, similarly shallow (in terms of interactivity) open cities, etc. They are just very similar games in addition to the thematic similarity.
It's also EXTREMELY likely that neither of the Spider-Man games feel anything like Infamous to anyone except you...

Also, I would not mind it at all if another, capable studio handled an Infamous sequel. I feel like the series was definitely open enough to have a LOT of different stories being told in its universe. Like, come on, a bunch of people with VARIOUS superpowers that work differently, in completely different locales, and we're in this thread worried that a sequel will feel too much like a previous game? We already don't have to have the same main character from game to game. I think the overarching story just isn't finished and I, for one, would love for them to explore it more...

Last edited:

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Tsushima is leagues better than any Infamous game. Why would they go back?

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Tsushima is leagues better than any Infamous game. Why would they go back?
This is such a shit argument.

Blizzard still releases expansions for WoW.
Squeenix pumps out DQ and FF sequels.
989 was working on Twisted Metal sequels, Xtreme sequels and Cool Boarders sequels interchangeably.
Naughty Dog didn't stop releasing Uncharted games until they were good and ready, despite already having a TLOU game out.

What's this obsession with the "one trick pony studio" stance?...

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Grinding telephone wires + hover + ice jump is my favorite mode of transportation ever EVER EVER.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A sequel being hinted at doesn't make it a good idea. I feel like GoT had a pretty fulfilling ending, even WITH some of the "cliffhangers". Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to follow Tomoe's story, or maybe get a look at the second mainland invasion from the Mongols, but neither one of those ideas lend themselves to the title of "Ghost of Tsushima 2" very well...
I disagree.

Act 3 as a whole had a pretty nice build up for another game.

Jin basically became Batman and you can see that the peasents were trying to follow his footsteps. The shogun are after him and another invasion is on the way. They can also go to mainland japan too if they wanted before he returns for round 2 with the mongols. There is a lot of ways ffor them to continue Jin's story.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I really didn't like the inFamous games, and really liked Tsushima, so I kind of hope they stick with Tsushima. Also, from Sony's perspective, do they want to be running a second open-world superhero franchise when Spider-Man is so hot for them? With how nearly everything they've touched on PS4 printed money, there are probably Sony execs who have panic episodes at the thought of trying to revive their PS3-era franchises.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This is such a shit argument.

Blizzard still releases expansions for WoW.
Squeenix pumps out DQ and FF sequels.
989 was working on Twisted Metal sequels, Xtreme sequels and Cool Boarders sequels interchangeably.
Naughty Dog didn't stop releasing Uncharted games until they were good and ready, despite already having a TLOU game out.

What's this obsession with the "one trick pony studio" stance?...

Lol comparing Infamous to some of the biggest and best IPs of all time. And I'm the one with a shit argument?

Infamous was at best decent. I don't even know what you mean by one trick pony. I'd rather they keep moving forwards and try something new after the Ghosts sequel. Not go back to an average IP.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
The resurrection of Cole commie!
Maybe through in indigenous voice actor Troy Baker in if you must with Delsin

No loading times should really unlock potential

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I tried Second Son and thought it was so boring except the intro grafitti scene which reminded me of Jet Set Radio.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Often when I'm playing Miles Morales, it *feels* like I'm playing Infamous because they both have very loose, agile movement, lots of aerial traversal options, similarly shallow (in terms of interactivity) open cities, etc. They are just very similar games in addition to the thematic similarity.
They don't feel nowhere close the same thing, especially not Cole in power mechanics or traversal abilities. If you told me Delsin from inFamous Second Son, maybe but then again this would still be a stretch.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I agree. The Infamous franchise still has big potential and I find the first two to be better games than Ghost of Tsushima. Honestly Ghost just feels like an Assassin's Creed game with less variety in activities and weapons to me.