• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should Infamous Retun?

• Hell yes

Votes: 626 55.6%
  • Nah man

Votes: 499 44.4%

• Total voters

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Sure why not
They need to somehow get the license back for Rocket: Robot on Wheels.

Gimme another Rocket Robot on Wheels first dangit!
Y'all know what is UP. Hell even if it meant just dumping the N64 ROM onto the eShop I'd take it, let alone any kind of updated release ;__;
These are my people

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone say with me : "x-men school type of game in Infamous universe".

But it's probably a dead ip at this point.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
No thanks. I think it is fantastic these guys were finally able to make something that wasn't Infamous and I hope they'll continue to do that. This industry needs to let go of the idea that every franchise needs to continue perpetually. They already made 4, we don't need another one.

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
There's room for another Ghost of Tsushima, both historically and in what the market wants. Beyond that, I actually don't think they'll make endless GoT spinoffs, so they could go back to inFamous or create another new IP. I am so fond of the original inFamous, but the series never reached those heights for me again.

First light was uninteresting and overstayed it's welcome. I'm also not too invested in Delsin's continued story, so another reboot would be required. They could fix him retroactively by having him appear in games with a new, fresh character. He is an important figure in the lore of the world now after all.

Would be fun if they could Peter B. Parker him.

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
Still say the best idea for Infamous would be to let you make your own character (ala Mass Effect). So lets say a new Infamous stars a character named Alex (Neutral-Name). From there you make them however you want and go through the story.

This way the choices you make to be good or bad carry a bit more weight and the powers you get can be based on what interests you. Would also help differentiate it from Spider-man. Since it's rather odd that as popular as Super Heroes are, there's no AAA game where you can make your own hero barring like DC Online I guess.

That's my thought as well. Customizable powersets would do wonders for Infamous.

And then, further down the line, make an online spin-off channeling City of Heroes and Champions Online

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Unless they lean into the RPG elements, then nah. I played all of them (save for Festival of Blood) and they never really got much better than the first one.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'd love that, I was only thinking the other day that I had a real itch to play some Infamous. Unpopular opinion but Ghost of Tsushima is just hella boring to me, I'm incredibly burnt out on those kind of games and it couldn't have felt more cookie cutter. Appreciate that many enjoyed the game though so it probably makes the most financial sense for them to create a follow up rather than a new Infamous game, unfortunately for me!

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
No thanks. I think it is fantastic these guys were finally able to make something that wasn't Infamous and I hope they'll continue to do that. This industry needs to let go of the idea that every franchise needs to continue perpetually. They already made 4, we don't need another one.
*5 if you count Festival of Blood. It was unique enough for me to count it as it's own little game haha

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I only played SS back when there wasn't much to play during the early PS4 days. I found it to be dreadfully boring and quit after about 5 hours, I'm good.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima sequel first, then a new Sly Cooper (doesn't need to be made by SP though) and then yes why not go back to InFamous, they were all great games imho. Need to play the vampire spin-off one day.

But if they want to make a new franchise next, I wouldn't say no either.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Yes we want more Infamous! The games on PS3 were more interesting. On PS4 the games were still fun, but more shallow too.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
If they were to have a side project (full priority is Ghost of Tsushima for me), I'd rather get Sly Cooper. I think Infamous 2 already showed signs of age for the whole idea.

Joris-truly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
I'm playing through Infamous Second Son on PS5 right now and i don't see it. It's one of those boring running around open worlds action-adventure's, without really any interesting mechanics to engage with. With it's oppressing world and story, but no mechanics to backup the believability of that world. Could play it with one brain half and the other listings to a podcast.

Maybe if the next one has some serious systemic depth added to it, maybe. But Ghosts (although better) isn't really all that deep either.

Sameer Sedlar

Feb 8, 2018
Egypt
Truth be told, I want Ghost of Tsushima 2 first then we can see.
then again, inFamous has a special place in my heart, I actually wouldn't mind a standalone game to be released, you know something similar in size to Uncharted Lost Legacy or SM:Miles Morales and the such.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Nah, like Killzone it just feels too much like a PS3 era game that should never have escaped that console. Like Guerilla they found what works for them later on in the PS4 life cycle.

The world does not need another Infamous game.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
i dont get it. this is the first non-infamous game they've made in like a decade and the OP wants them to go back to it. THey made like 3-4 games and expansions. 75% of the last decade or more has been dedicated to that series. Like....cmon let them live.
Yeah, I don't get this. It's time for new franchises and new experiences. Why do people always want endless sequels and remakes? It gets boring.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I Love Infamous, but voted no. Irs Tsushinas time to shine right now but maybe they can try another Infamous in a 6 years or so.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
More Ghost for a while, but would love for them to return to Infamous at some point down the line.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Only if they are big enough to handle two projects at once because I'd rather have GOT2 or a new IP

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't get this. It's time for new franchises and new experiences. Why do people always want endless sequels and remakes? It gets boring.

Because people want more of what they already like? I'd gladly be playing 2D Sonic sequels and watch Ghostbusters sequels and remakes until the end of days provided they were good. Just gimme sequels and remakes for errything I like. Don't care much for GoT or Sly myself, so I'd rather have them making more inFamous.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
I imaine it wold have never been a mega success I always wanted a MMO (or could be Destiny / Avengers like) game based on inFamous 2 bad ending, everyone having super powers.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The series got 3 pretty solid games. That's more than you can say for a lot of series. I don't think this is a situation where they need to give it another chance. They moved on from the series because they probably felt they were done with it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nah son, they have evolved beyond this deeply mediocre IP.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Played all of the Infamous titles and really enjoyed them. I always felt they were very good, but by the end they each felt a little short of being great. Maybe with a little more time they could have reached another level. It's hard to articulate because I have not played them in a long while. With GoT though SP achieved greatness. I'd rather they focus more on GoT now and keep an Infamous title in the back burner.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
If they get bigger sure.

But right now SP is a 1 game studio and they should just focus on Ghost 2.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah while Second Son and First Light aren't as good as the PS3 games they're still some of the best superhero games around. Felt a lot of similarities in the PS4 Spider-Man game but not sure if it shares any DNA.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Sure, but make it set in a different time period so it's not just some modern city open world game (I'll get my superhero fix for that style game with Insomniac). Sucker Punch's environmental artist team deserves better than that after GoT. Or do it like Control and go nuts with more linear level design with a Mysterio type villain or something that fucks with your brain/environment.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
I'd rather have Sly, but yeah sure another Infamous would be far more fun than another AC in Japan.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I love the Infamous games, but I also really liked Ghost of Tsushima (though I still have yet to finish it).

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe GoT had a way more successful launch than any Infamous game, so it just makes more business sense to build a follow-up to that game. But maybe a smaller studio could take a crack at Infamous and some of Sucker Punch's creatives could provide consultation.

Still say the best idea for Infamous would be to let you make your own character (ala Mass Effect). So lets say a new Infamous stars a character named Alex (Neutral-Name). From there you make them however you want and go through the story.
I like this idea a lot.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Give me an Infamous with multiple protagonists you can switch between, ala GTA5. More protagonists will give more space for the writers to write a good game, with different backstories.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
GoT is good but I love Infamous. I'd love a big sequel either starring Cole or someone new.
I definitely wouldn't want it to be a create your own character thing but the story choices were always pointless and added nothing of value (they even had a big choice in the first game with the same outcome no matter what).
It can stay story driven but just have one good story. The evil paths were always stupid and nonsensical.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I'm happy that they aren't trapped pumping out endless Infamous sequels.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
That's gonna be a hell no please god no from me