• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should Infamous Retun?

• Hell yes

Votes: 626 55.6%
  • Nah man

Votes: 499 44.4%

• Total voters

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
I'd settle for a remastered 1 and 2. (Which can be farmed out to other devs) Those games were great fun but painful to play at 25 fps

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
🤷

Unfortunately, I have no attachments to inFAMOUS series, so I'm not that mind if they don't want to make it anymore.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Just give me inFAMOUS 2 2. Best game in the series by a mile.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Inventive original superhero settings are a real rarity and the powers in Second Son felt amazing despite the ways it fell short compared to the original games. If they could just nail the formula again I think they'd have something incredible on their hands.

That said, I liked Ghost of Tsushima, although more for its story than its gameplay or open world.

Jun 12, 2018
Was Second Son snubbed by people? I don't remember people talking about that game that enthusiastically back then. Maybe that reception led them to create another franchise?

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
All their games are pretty and empty. I wish I liked them but there's just something missing.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Second Son and First Light as sort of early gen open world showpieces but I like Ghost a lot more as a concept.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
While I love infamous I would rather they char Brandon Sanderson since he said he would love Mistborn to be made into a game (by cdpr but I guess that may have changed now...) either that or Stormlight Archives.

Sucker punch could do an amazing job of either

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Second Son/Last Light are my favourites of the Infamous series, but honestly I'm fine if they want to leave the franchise dead. The ridiculously simplistic morality system is dumb and I'm not sure any of the characters are interesting enough to return to besides maybe Fetch.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Has anyone actually played first light on ps5?

60fps, HDR, added effects.
The game looks AMAZING and has one of the tightest controls I've ever played

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't stand the first two but Second Son and Last Light were great, and still to this day look insanely good for launch window titles (well, Second Son at least)

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
i dont get it. this is the first non-infamous game they've made in like a decade and the OP wants them to go back to it. THey made like 3-4 games and expansions. 75% of the last decade or more has been dedicated to that series. Like....cmon let them live.
The first Infamous game didn't even come out in the last decade...

They made two sequels, both of which came out before 2015 was even a year. Either you're exaggerating or are terrible at math...

Also, another Sly Cooper can be made by the same team that made Thieves in Time. And a Ghost of Tsushima sequel sounds like a TERRIBLE idea, given the story. Don't know why this thread would be opposed to another Infamous game, the series was absolutely fantastic and it deserves a return...

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I know, Ghost of Tsushima is super hot right now and a sequel is definitely in development. But man, I hope we get a new Infamous game for PS5. I'd love a sequel to Infamous 2 with my man Cole returning, but I wouldn't mind a new character or even the return of Delson. Its always so exciting seeing the crazy powers Sucker Punch came up with, and I really enjoyed just messing around with all of them.
You are asking the wrong people. Should poke SIE about it since Sucker Punch is a SIE studio. 😏

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
I just started replaying Infamous 2 yesterday. The visuals in cutscenes still hold up VERY well.

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I've never really liked Infamous. Something about the open world and gameplay always seemed off, maybe too weightless to me. I'm playing First Light right now after having platinumed Second Son, and it just feels like a game from a previous era.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm down for whatever SP wants to do, whether that's a new game in the series or something else entirely.

A new Sly Cooper would be nice too.

Tsushima sequel is a definite though and I'm eagerly looking forward to it.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Yeah, it was so much better than just another open world BOTW-type game. GoT is just super boring for me. BOTW perfected that type of gameplay and nothing else hits the same for me. The story was bland, the characters were bland, it was nice visually but that's about it. The first Infamous game is something I remember playing to this day, it left an impact on me. I would love to see more games like that instead of following trends. Sony already has an open world action adventure series (Horizon), I would prefer them to diversify more

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
6811953-5051078999-13e1b.gif

This was the coolest shit leading up to PS4's launch. It was actually the first game I played on my PS4 and I absolutely loved it.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably pick up GoT when I can get it for like $20-$30, but tbh I'd rather have more inFamous as that interests me far more than GoT ever will.

Oct 27, 2017
At the very least Sony should give it to another team.

Still say the best idea for Infamous would be to let you make your own character (ala Mass Effect). So lets say a new Infamous stars a character named Alex (Neutral-Name). From there you make them however you want and go through the story.

This way the choices you make to be good or bad carry a bit more weight and the powers you get can be based on what interests you. Would also help differentiate it from Spider-man. Since it's rather odd that as popular as Super Heroes are, there's no AAA game where you can make your own hero barring like DC Online I guess.
Yeah I thought of this idea as well. It is the next step.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Too soon. I'd rather see them trying out some new ideas before returning to inFamous at some point. There've been enough games in that franchise for the time being.

Oct 27, 2017

They made two sequels, both of which came out before 2015 was even a year. Either you're exaggerating or are terrible at math...

Also, another Sly Cooper can be made by the same team that made Thieves in Time. And a Ghost of Tsushima sequel sounds like a TERRIBLE idea, given the story. Don't know why this thread would be opposed to another Infamous game, the series was absolutely fantastic and it deserves a return...
Why wouldn't a sequel work? Even a direct sequel is hinted at.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
The PS3 inFAMOUS games are some of my favourite games, but not all series need to go on forever. I was sorely disappointed with the PS4 games. I think Sucker Punch has told their story and are right in moving on.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home

You know it can't happen. The studio who made Thieves in Time (Sanzaaru Games) are owned by Facebook now. Not happening.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima > Infamous
Horizon > Killzone
Spider-Man > Resistance

The right call was made on all of those.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
How likely is it that sony expands SP to work on 2 games at the same time?

Would they need to double in size? Get 200 new employees or so?

Either way if they go that route it would take a while.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
I wish the first two games got remasters. Tried to play the first one on PS3, but that performance turned me off from the game. Second Son on PS5 running at 60FPS is a joy.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I'd definitely like to see more from the world, but they can keep Cole. He did nothing for me.

Give me a few First Light length content with different, diverse characters set in the same city.

Beary Jams

Nov 5, 2017
Portland, OR
Remasters sure, but I don't think Sucker Punch needs to go back to the series. I haven't played Ghost yet but I'm fine with Sucker Punch doing new stuff and getting my Superhero fix from Insomniac's Spider-Man games. I really would hate for them to bring back Cole. 2's endings were great and they don't need to do anything more with his story. I already was a little on the fence about Second Son making 2's 'good ending' canon, but the game was enough fun that I let it slide.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I'd love another one. Infamous 2 was one of the best games on the PS3 and with the power of modern technology they could some great things regarding traversal and depth of game world.

Hell, combine the two. Given that in the first game Kessler travelled back through time you could just send someone further back in time to feudal Japan. Boom Infamous Ghost, start printing the money now!

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Sucker Punch should focus on their most successful game of all time, Ghost of Tsushima.

Someone else out there can do Infamous.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Sly Cooper had more potential.

also I always chose the good side and never used the evil side stuff. So any game that has that false choice of being good or bad (since I always choose good) loses points for content I won't access.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
No

They hit the jackpot with GoT

Sly got a trilogy

Infamous got a trilogy (and multiple expansions)

Those IPs are done, SP has found significant success elsewhere....