• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should Infamous Retun?

• Hell yes

Votes: 626 55.6%
  • Nah man

Votes: 499 44.4%

• Total voters

PhazonBlazer

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know, Ghost of Tsushima is super hot right now and a sequel is definitely in development. But man, I hope we get a new Infamous game for PS5. I'd love a sequel to Infamous 2 with my man Cole returning, but I wouldn't mind a new character or even the return of Delson. Its always so exciting seeing the crazy powers Sucker Punch came up with, and I really enjoyed just messing around with all of them.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Infamous has gone the way of killzone. Both developers landed on a literal gold mine....nothing stops this train.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I really want more Cole. Delsin, and second son in general, was so boring.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'd love a new inFamous from SP. InFamous series has always focus on ranged combat, but now with SP nailing melee combat as well for GoT. A new inFamous game with more balanced comnat between melee and ranged would be amazing.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I am really hopeful for a new Infamous game someday! Love them so, so much. Their work with the Infamous series and Ghost of Tsushima is incredible.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I mean they never said they wasn't going to make another, the series have done well so I doubt they abandon it. Look at IG Spider-Man is massive as hell but they still giving us a Ratchet and Clank game.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Only if they make blasts look less boring. Three games and energy blasts had no impact. More motion instead of having the character stand like they're shooting the weakest handgun on Earth would go a long way with making a big part of the combat look more eventful.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'd enjoy another one, but I don't really see the point in making it when you have Spider-Man games in your portfolio.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Second Son was kind of a letdown, and having just finished Tsushima literally 10 mins ago I'm way more interested to see what they do with that series

And if they DO ever do another one and Delsin is in it, they need to recast with an indigenous actor

Last edited:
May 17, 2018
I always thought they were leading up to a game where it was Cole VS Delsin.

I'm with you, though. I liked all the inFamous games over GoT.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I loved Infamous, particularly 2, but I don't see them going back to it tbh. It just never hit that critical mass where reviving it makes sense after an extended hiatus. Keep in mind Sucker Punch was sort of hanging on by a thread within Sony WWS after they had their first followup game to Infamous canceled. Seemingly for being too much like InFamous. I think we'll get another Ghost game with expanded co-op that likely has more in-depth super powered stuff; that perhaps feels more like an InFamous spiritual successor, in ways.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Still say the best idea for Infamous would be to let you make your own character (ala Mass Effect). So lets say a new Infamous stars a character named Alex (Neutral-Name). From there you make them however you want and go through the story.

This way the choices you make to be good or bad carry a bit more weight and the powers you get can be based on what interests you. Would also help differentiate it from Spider-man. Since it's rather odd that as popular as Super Heroes are, there's no AAA game where you can make your own hero barring like DC Online I guess.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
I would love a remake of InFamous 1+2 so much! Modernize the graphics and designs a bit, shift the alignment systems to something more nuanced (or hey, keep it as is for the simple style), and you've got a win. If they can take the story and characters from the first two games and make it look half as good as Second Son or Ghost of Tsushima, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

As far as a new game, if they did what they originally planned for the third game and built off the evil ending of InFamous 2, that would be incredible. Lots of potential for new characters to come in (even your own character/conduit) and new stories to branch off into more of a franchise without retconning every major point of the lore and how Conduits work! (I am still salty about what second son did)

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Would rather have them go back to a more light hearted title like the Sly games, but I get that those probably don't sell as well.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
If they make another infamous id take a new character over both cole and delsin honestly, but its not like I have played them much outside of first light.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If we do return to Deslin, he should be recast to an indigenous voice actor.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Cole Macgrath Collection first please. I'm fine with no sequel but I want to play those games at 4K/60.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they will.

Personally, I'd love for another Infamous game set in a different time. I'm not sure when but it would be dope ot have one set in the I don't know, the 70s, 80s or 90s. It would be pretty different. Hell an Infamous set in the late 40s would be mad interesting given it would be post-WW2.

Apr 24, 2018
Second Son was such a half baked and boring game. Heck, I enjoyed standalone DLC First Light, which wasn't anything particularly special, way more than the main game. It was a shame because the powers/controls were great. If it's a return to form to the first two games, I'd be interested into the world of Infamous. I have open world fatigue myself, but unfortunately, that's where the money is these days, so I'm doubtful we'll see a return to Infamous (at least as it previously was) any time soon.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Since it's rather odd that as popular as Super Heroes are, there's no AAA game where you can make your own hero barring like DC Online I guess.

X-Men-Destiny-PS3.jpg

close enough lmao

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
They'd probably go for some kind of Marvel deal and make a "real" superhero game before making another Infamous.

Oct 27, 2017
Infamous is the series that I remember being the one that made me think "hm, isn't all this just busywork, why do I even keep playing"
For me, they can keep doing other stuff.

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
I would absolutely love to see another game in the series. inFAMOUS is my favorite PlayStation franchise.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Give it to a new dev. I want them to put their full focus on Ghost sequelS.

But yeah would love a new inFamous. Miss it dearly

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Let the new San Diego teams have a shot at it. Sucker Punch should stick to Ghost of Tsushima for now.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they make one with multiple powers don't make them same-y like SS like go full creative. Though bring back Neon because that was dope.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
i dont get it. this is the first non-infamous game they've made in like a decade and the OP wants them to go back to it. THey made like 3-4 games and expansions. 75% of the last decade or more has been dedicated to that series. Like....cmon let them live.