• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
And I am talking about this beauty!

Pretty please?

Hey... it worked once thanks to Genetrik & F8RGE , it can work again! Just listen to that chill music and tell me you don't feel chill just thinking about chilling to that chill music.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
After playing the game on XB1, I would definitely buy this theme on PS4 if it were available.

Although the music might cause the same problem that it did while playing Before the Storm and I'll spend far too long just sitting there listening to it and not playing games.

OP
OP
LossAversion

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
After playing the game on XB1, I would definitely buy this theme on PS4 if it were available.

Although the music might cause the same problem that it did while playing Before the Storm and I'll spend far too long just sitting there listening to it and not playing games.
Haha, I'm already stuck listening to a 10 hour version of this song on youtube. You're right... it may become a problem. Why start any of my games when I could just sit and listen to my menu music?

OP
OP
LossAversion

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
It's my favorite PS4 theme. Never get tired of that song.
tenor.gif

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
Yes please! Now someone go make a thread asking SE for the nier automata pre order theme too.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
While we wait and hope for the best (I would buy this theme as well even though I didn't have it on my radar), what would be the most wanted exclusive pre order themes that currently cannot be bought?

Subjectively I felt that the mirrors edge one, was always number 1 because people kept ALWAYS bringing it up throughout the years.

Others that I have heard often (and was already mentioned here): Nier Automata Forrest theme. I had actually bought that new edition some months back only to discover that they had packaged a different dynamic theme that is vastly inferior :(

What else (next to life is strange)? I read in my previous thread eg wipeout.

Personally I would still want something that I will never get. Shadow of War dynamic themes with these tracks:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I have this theme but I support the push for pre-order themes to be available post-release. It's frustrating that the majority of themes outside of pre-order themes are cheap, ugly ones. Come on Square Enix, do a good thing and release this and other themes on the store :-)

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Can we get this theme that was only included in the KHIII Theme PS4 PRO Console bundles? Also has a song that is not in any OST or released in any fashion?

OP
OP
LossAversion

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Every pre order theme should be available after a year or something

😢
While we wait and hope for the best (I would buy this theme as well even though I didn't have it on my radar), what would be the most wanted exclusive pre order themes that currently cannot be bought?

Subjectively I felt that the mirrors edge one, was always number 1 because people kept ALWAYS bringing it up throughout the years.

Others that I have heard often (and was already mentioned here): Nier Automata Forrest theme. I had actually bought that new edition some months back only to discover that they had packaged a different dynamic theme that is vastly inferior :(

What else (next to life is strange)? I read in my previous thread eg wipeout.

Personally I would still want something that I will never get. Shadow of War dynamic themes with these tracks:

I have this theme but I support the push for pre-order themes to be available post-release. It's frustrating that the majority of themes outside of pre-order themes are cheap, ugly ones. Come on Square Enix, do a good thing and release this and other themes on the store :-)

Can we begin the great "Release the pro-order themes!" revolution? This atrocity has gone on for far too long!

OP
OP
LossAversion

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
They should be there at release. Pre-ordering just allows you to get it free.
Yep. The publisher still gets their pre-order incentive and they make a couple of extra bucks from the people that didn't pre-order but still enjoyed the game enough to want to support it further. It's not like anything in their marketing would need to change. They don't need to say "pre-order and you get this theme for free but the theme will also be available separately!". Just make it available separately. Anyone who demands that their pre-order theme remain exclusive to them is just being an asshole. Plenty of people love certain franchises but can't afford to buy the game day one let alone pre-order it.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Can we get this theme that was only included in the KHIII Theme PS4 PRO Console bundles? Also has a song that is not in any OST or released in any fashion?

I support this! (Even if I would feel bad after spending significant money just to get it)
Also Midnight blue keyblade for EU please. Annoying/weird everyone except EU got the ability to get it.

rottenpie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Can we begin the great "Release the pro-order themes!" revolution? This atrocity has gone on for far too long!
I definitely support that revolution. Please Sony/SE, release the themes!!

They should be there at release. Pre-ordering just allows you to get it free.
I know right? :/

Btw, I would totally buy this theme for $20 dollars.

Premium Musical Notes is such BS -_- a limited access theme and japan only? fuck off

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Never understood why publishers tuck away preorder themes after a game's release never to be seen again, there is money to be made here. Make them available at a later date of you want to give more incentive to preorder.

Coco64x

Jul 13, 2019

Premium Musical Notes is such BS -_- a limited access theme and japan only? fuck off

Seconded!

Would also love it if they put up the Forrest and Amusement Park themes for the US and EU

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I really would like the before the storm theme. Surprised companies would just leave money on the table like that.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
If Square-Enix can also release the Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood pre-order theme like they did for ARR and Heavensward's, that'd also be neat.

OP
OP
LossAversion

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I really would like the before the storm theme. Surprised companies would just leave money on the table like that.
I bought the deluxe edition of Before The Storm but my money is only good enough if I spend it before the game is even out, obviously. I honestly think that it's one of two things...

A. Publishers don't even think about this at all.

B. Publishers think that less people would pre-order their games if the pre-order themes were just free with a pre-order instead of free and exclusive to pre-orders forever.

I'd like to think it's A though and most of them just forgot to press the button that puts the themes up seperately.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Hope this changes next gen (if not now), I like the idea of preorder themes, but put them on sale a couple of weeks later. I can't see why it makes sense to just throw them in the digital vault once the game releases. And most of the best themes are preorder exclusives.

Dev Response

SE Toby

Square Enix - Community Manager
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
London

Sorry for my delayed response to this - was tied up with Episode 4 for a while :)

I distinctly remember talking to the team about making the BtS theme more widely available previously back in April 2018...! At the time I think we were unable to release the theme more widely because it was previously listed as a pre-order exclusive (platform holder policies). I'll have another look into this for you though.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for my delayed response to this - was tied up with Episode 4 for a while :)

I distinctly remember talking to the team about making the BtS theme more widely available previously back in April 2018...! At the time I think we were unable to release the theme more widely because it was previously listed as a pre-order exclusive (platform holder policies). I'll have another look into this for you though.
Could you pretty please bring up that all SE preorder themes are things people want to buy 😇

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019

Please do. I''d buy it if you put it up.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Honestly every single pre-order theme should get released to buy after a certain amount of time. It seems like such a waste to create these and only let a certain group of people get them. There is money to be made here.

OP
OP
LossAversion

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017

Thank you for the effort!

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

Sorry - I only work on the SEES games and such decisions need to be made on a team by team basis. Still, I'll pass on the request to my fellow Community Managers.

Hey thanks for your efforts. Doesn't hurt anyone, and definitely helps a lot of people!

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017

I would literally pay 20 dollars for this theme too. Square Enix, please take notice.