• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Hopefully whoever did that gets fired.
Yes, I, too, hope that firing someone over what could have been an accidental click on a phone touchscreen becomes a precedent.

Era is super tolerant. Except for working class people when they do something that has like a 50% change of being a mistake. That person should lose their livelihood! Yay!

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have zero tolerance on trump supporters.
That's nice and all, but you sound like an angrier and less likeable version of

x2KJVx2wjjjW-PHeNzD0iQOpfgE=.gif

Deleted member 49535

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Yes, I, too, hope that firing someone over what could have been an accidental click on a phone touchscreen becomes a precedent.

Era is super tolerant. Except for working class people when they do something that has like a 50% change of being a mistake. That person should lose their livelihood! Yay!
Why is that person reading Trump tweets using the company's account on their phone in that case?

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Why is that person reading Trump tweets using the company's account on their phone in that case?
You are smart enough that I don't need to explain how easy it is to forget to switch accounts in the Twitter app. Please don't pretend you aren't. It's embarrasing.

And plenty of people who hate Trump read the bullshit that Trump tweets, even if it's to laugh at him, lol.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
User Banned (3 Day) - Hostility towards other users
He's the fucking US President, his tweets are fucking everywhere.

Are you fucking kidding me with this bullshit. Grow the fuck up.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
Guys, he liked a tweet, surely that must mean something. We have enough material here to judge whoever this is.

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
He's the fucking US President, his tweets are fucking everywhere.

Are you fucking kidding me with this bullshit. Grow the fuck up.
What are you talking about man, we need to instantly obliterate anyone whose device's display renders even one pixel of a Trump tweet. Every single person on Earth who ever has had a tweet of the president of the United States display on their phone is a Trump supporter. There simply can't be another explanation as to why anyone would ever see such an obscure Twitter account.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Trump's twitter feed is wildly entertaining, it's like this circus of insanity where Trump could literally encourage the suppression of democracy (as he is here with his bogus voter fraud "concern") and his psycho followers will all cheer "yeah this is totally American!"

It's kinda like a free survival horror game if you think about it

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hold on real quick while I scrub through your entire life and make sure that you've never fucked up anywhere, workplace or otherwise - even so much as a misclick - so that I can attempt to scroung up enought pathetic evidence to get you fired.

Oct 25, 2017

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely makes you go oof, but I imagine this is an accident. A more damning action would be retweeting and letting the retweet stay up.

Also I'm not in the camp of thinking that likes are not endorsements. I think it is reasonable to question someone's public likes when it further spreads certain views or personalities. Especially when discussing brands or professional Twitter accounts; people know best practices.

I don't endorse this harmful content or this bigoted person, but I wanted to save their tweet for later, while sharing it with my timeline, doesn't fly with a sizable chunk of people.

tl;dr: IGN probably goofed and this probably isn't that deep

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Also I'm not in the camp of thinking that likes are not endorsements. I think it is reasonable to question someone's public likes when it further spreads certain views or personalities. Especially when discussing brands or professional Twitter accounts; people know best practices.

i've liked abhorrent stuff a handful of times on the basis that it was unintentionally hilarious, particularly revealing, or something i might want to refer to again, but yeah, Twitter's love of throwing other people's likes in your face has really put a damper on that practice

i imagine people who use the like function to bookmark NSFW content are especially cognizant of what i'm talking about here

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Could of easily been looking at a tweet that retweeted Trump's tweet calling him out, went to click to see the comments, clicked on Trump's tweets comments instead and then hit like thinking it was still the call out tweet.

I have done this.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
These intern jokes aren't really funny or original. You've likely never worked a bit in if you think interns have access to social media accounts for a company.

Yep, I was gonna say the same thing. People love acting like social media marketing is some easy task that companies put interns on. I guess it's cool to shit on and downplay certain professions.

Oct 27, 2017
Another one of those "gamer moments", am I right?

Bunch of privileged white dudes in a privileged white dude dominated industry. Shocking that any one of em would cop and like for a racist piece of shit.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably just an accident everyone. Chill. You guys know how easy it is to accidentally hit the little heart icon while scrolling? Super easy.