• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
20201022_095643.jpg

So, this little trio is quickly becoming a staple of my day.

Background: My neighbor two houses down acquired farm fowl some months ago. They have at least one chicken, a rooster who, despite popular belief, crows whenever he goddamn well pleases, and what I thought were some geese just due to their size. Now, these "geese" were once penned outside and just living their so-called goosey life. Until one day a few weeks ago at night my dog started with what I call his "alarm bark-" the bark he makes when something is confirmed to be in the yard. I rush outside to see the fuss and notice the geese are just posted up at the edge of my yard and my immediate neighbor's, and they haul tail back to where they came. I congratulated my dog for posting up on geese- you know, the worst birds of all time- and I thought that was the last of them.

Until yesterday morning I saw them rustling around in my backyard's bushes and, upon closer inspection, realized these fuckers were not geese, but ducks. Absolutely huge ducks. Once again, they saw me and hauled it back to their home. Last night they pushed it further; roosting, feeding, and doing whatever the fuck it is ducks do in the front yard. Now, I love me some animals, and I didn't want them to get hurt by running into the road or meeting with a cat or something, so began the near half-hour task of trying to get them to go around the back of the house. They were legit scared, huddling together and running between my neighbor's bushes and mine, instead of going backwards to the house. At one point I had to near dive in front of them to prevent them from running towards the street. Eventually, they got the hint and went home through the backyards.

And yet, their horror film adventure where they're chased by a stranger at night hasn't deterred them at all. The pic is from this morning, and I presume at the time of writing that Huey, Dewey, and Louie are still foraging.

Which is fine. They're just ducks, being all cute and quacky. They're free to stick around, I guess. xP

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I gushed. LOL

They are cute and I love that you named them after the third (maybe fourth?) most famously named ducks ever.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Cue panic attacks and visits to a therapist for OP.

sopranos in case anyone was wondering[\SPOILER]

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
When i was a kid we had a rooster who crowed at 5am every day, also sometimes at midnight

It wasn't fun

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
ducks don't make facial expressions so they could be plotting anything

you might see them foraging now, but turn your back and they might already be in your house

keep a close eye on them OP.