• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Topics

• Yes.

Votes: 48 59.3%
  • No.

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • I want Kotor Reboot.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I want the force unleashed Reboot.

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Kyle Katarn being made non-canon is one of the best results of the EU being tossed in the bin. What a complete zero of a character. The only entertainment I ever got out of him in any game was pretending he was a young Alex Trebek.

I would be all over a new Star Wars FPS but Katarn can stay in Legends-land.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Fine, but I want an optional glowing quest marker that I can follow. Sick of getting lost for hours in 90s FPS games.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
What about X-Wing Reboot in VR? That's the thing that matters.

That said, Jedi Knight is still my favorite Star Wars game. Perfection. A remake in Frostbite would be awesome.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Personally no.

I just want the original on modern platforms (xbox, switch, PS4) and more than a reboot I would prefer simply have the sequel of Academy.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
EA and Activision are the last two companies I'd want even touching the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series.

And that includes those shovelware companies that made those horrific PS2 and Wii games.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes I want a non-Jedi focused Star Wars FPS in the vein of the first Dark Forces. Not every game needs lightsabers, there's such a rich galaxy of possibilities and it feels like we keep getting the same stuff over and over and over again.

I don't expect we'll ever get this kind of experience, though, as even in the non-Jedi focused movies they have to have a lightsaber in there somewhere to make absolutely sure we know what's what.

Sigh.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
If we got a reboot of a shooter set in Star Wars, I'd much rather see Republic Commando. Kyle Katarn was lame, and all his best elements have been transmuted into a much better character in Kanan. Dark Forces was a great game. It had great sequels. Those games are still easily available, and I'm fine with it staying that way.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the canon version of the Dark Trooper looks so lame compared to the Legends version from the original Dark Forces.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Phase_II_dark_trooper

Why does Disney feel the need to put a fresh take (and oftentimes uninspired, bland take) on existing Legends material instead of grandfathering in the brilliant concepts directly from the source material? Thrawn is another example ---- his cartoon character pales in comparison to what was depicted by Timothy Zahn and narrated by Marc Thompson. WTF wasn't Marc Thompson hired to be the voice actor for Thrawn???

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I would rather want something new from a publisher that knows how to utilize an IP.

That said, maybe the Star Wars game from Respawn will finally start to fill the void of good Star Wars games.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who cares about canon?

Bring the gamesss
All Star Wars content be it film, tv, comics, games, books, etc is required to be canon.

We won't get a new KOTOR game anytime soon because everyone assumes the new film trilogy coming from the Game of Thrones duo will be a Knights of the Old Republic film trilogy.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
This 'everything needs to be canon' stuff is stupid, but at least the old games still exist.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I'm sure the collective gaming community would love it, but EA surely doesn't have interest or would just let development get hectic and cancel it.