• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StevieP

Oct 27, 2017
Well this sucks, I don't see this in Canada :/
I would've given away or resold my physical version for it otherwise.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
HOLY FUCK! The best Switch game coupled with a controller that won't make your head hurt when inputs are dropped, get this if you haven't!

Last edited:

MorningDew

Oct 27, 2017
You're paying about $10 for the code because the controller is $59 on Amazon. Still a good deal.
Thanks OP for the alert!

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
The pro controllers don't get drift right
They can get drift like any controller, but they don't seem as susceptible to it as the joy-cons.

HOLY FUCK! The best Switch one coupled with a controller that won't make your head hurt when inputs are dropped, get this if you haven't!
Inputs dropped? Do you have the launch joy-cons that don't have the wireless fix, the little foam or whatever they put in there?

Viale

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Excellent deal for the ten people who own a switch and not odyssey.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Inputs dropped? Do you have the launch joy-cons that don't have the wireless fix, the little foam or whatever they put in there?
My Switch is from late 2018, not sure which version the Joycons are, but they've been terrible controllers for a while and I don't use often. The signal is so weak inputs would be dropped even when playing from my bed and facing the console straight, nothing in the way.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It's too bad that I already have a controller, otherwise this would have been an instant buy.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
Almost bought it then realized I don't have a switch....I wanna buy one in January but I'm leaning towards the baby model. The lite one. So I don't think this is much of a deal for me.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
Almost bought it then realized I don't have a switch....I wanna buy one in January but I'm leaning towards the baby model. The lite one. So I don't think this is much of a deal for me.
Trust me on this oen. Get the regular one and not the lite.

Having the ability to play on the TV is invaluable, even if you think you will never use it that way. And also, if you have a Lite and the left joy-con gets busted, you won't be able to replace it.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Easy pickup. Been holding out for a $50 USD pro controller sale since I got my Switch in March but this will suffice

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Great deal - I bought the physical Mario odyssey and switch pro controller for $100 on amazon cause I didn't want to wait for the shipping from Walmart

Get it! Great game and controller - it's what I am playing now

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I find that hard to believe. There are no reports of drifts in the Pro Controller. Maybe yours was broken in other way?
The second Pro Controller I bought earlier this year had drift, quite bad. After replacing, the current one has been fine since. I'm surprised you aren't aware they can have it too, I've seen it mentioned many times.

With that said, this deal is insanely good for those who can use both or like others said, sell one or the other.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Was almost going to grab mine, but missed out. There was apparently 7 left after attempting to buy one after work, but that didn't suffice.

But on the bright side, managed to snag the Switch Bundle /w the case and Nintendo subscription! And that was after doing doing my darnest to get the bundle with MK8D.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I find that hard to believe. There are no reports of drifts in the Pro Controller. Maybe yours was broken in other way?
The second Pro Controller I bought earlier this year had drift, quite bad. After replacing, the current one has been fine since. I'm surprised you aren't aware they can have it too, I've seen it mentioned many times.

With that said, this deal is insanely good for those who can use both or like others said, sell one or the other.

All controllers can drift, pro controllers like any controller can drift over time. But it's strange a new one is drifting out of the box unless someone bought a new one, chucked their old drifting controller in and returned it as a scam.

Could be a calibraiton issue too.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Was going to send link to my BIl who got the MK bundle for my niece but it shows 99 in cart all the way up to adding payment so must be dead?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
All controllers can drift, pro controllers like any controller can drift over time. But it's strange a new one is drifting out of the box unless someone bought a new one, chucked their old drifting controller in and returned it as a scam.

Could be a calibraiton issue too.
Yeah I did the calibration and it didn't help. It seemed to help my joycons for a very short while though. Now that I think about it, I don't think the controller box was sealed so you might be on to something. Just looked at my box and sure enough it doesn't have any stickers so that definitely could be it. Thought they sealed those boxes but guess not.