• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe anyone who claims not to say things like that on a regular basis, but only this once when they happened to be streaming on the internet and someone caught them.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This help ?

do2mhfduuaasaw9.webp
Damnit Deadmau5, you missed the chance to say some racist shit as well and have the full isms set

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
What a fucking prick. Homophobic and transphobic in a single twitter thread. Good riddance...

I'm honestly wondering if that tweet chain is cut off because it came out of fucking nowhere. Like, I'm imagining someone coming up to me with "boy Thammy you should really zip up that jacket" and I just drop that whites are the real oppressed minority or some shit. I can't even imagine how you'd go from point A to point B.

I have an explosive temper myself, but when something sets me off, I'm pretty sure I can at least stay roughly on topic.

Feb 4, 2018
I hate that "it was directed at one person not the entire LGBTQIA community" excuse. Yeah, it was, but in doing so you compared that one person to the entire LGBTQIA community in the prejorative. You used the literal identity of LGBTQIA folks as an insult. It doesn't matter who you use it towards—it's the idea that calling someone gay is a good way to mock them that is the issue.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly wondering if that tweet chain is cut off because it came out of nowhere. Like, I'm imagining someone coming up to me with "boy Thammy you should really zip up that jacket" and I just drop that whites are the real oppressed minority or some shit. I can't even imagine how you'd go from point A to point B.
Yeah, it doesn't show the original tweet, but it sounds like they're talking about his mouse-shaped helmet, which he claims has an internal fan to keep him cool. Sounds like someone was criticizing or making fun of it.
Still, hardly a justification for what followed...

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I'm honestly wondering if that tweet chain is cut off because it came out of fucking nowhere. Like, I'm imagining someone coming up to me with "boy Thammy you should really zip up that jacket" and I just drop that whites are the real oppressed minority or some shit. I can't even imagine how you'd go from point A to point B.

I have an explosive temper myself, but when something sets me off, I'm pretty sure I can at least stay roughly on topic.

Yeah like, that dude was just trying to make conversation, and then he's like "YEA IT KINDA SUCKS BUT I BET YOU'D SUCK A DICK FOR WHAT I GET PAID IN A NIGHT"

Like okay? What the hell?

Oct 29, 2017
It really speaks to someone's character when you immediately victimize yourself when someone calls you out for using hateful language.

You know what would get people to stop coming after you? If you didn't use shit language. SHOCK.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So disrespectful...makes me wonder, has PewDiePie been banned for his "gamer moment" or anyone else who says equally horrible things?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
So disrespectful...makes me wonder, has PewDiePie been banned for his "gamer moment" or anyone else who says equally horrible things?

Twitch has pretty inconsistent moderation but generally have a largely consistent records when it comes to banning people for slurs. Youtube are fine with Nazis being on their platform so anything goes there.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Homophobic, Heated Gamer Moment ™, and a random swipe at Colorado? Begone.

Joe Rogan appearance railing on SJWs next week, or the week after?

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
Guy's been a dickhead and twitter troll ever since Faxing Berlin blew up. Shame, since when he's not chasing the mainstream $$ he's a pretty decent producer with good taste in music. And of course there's always the irony when a house producer makes a homophobic slur. (See also Ten Walls)

Oct 25, 2017
People who have gotten used to their untouchable status actually get called out for once by the only adult in the room and blow the fuck up. Big surprise. Dude can fuck right off.

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
That actually reminds me, isn't Deadmau5 somewhat infamous for getting really annoyed when people call him a DJ? Like, he's really sensitive about the words that you use to describe people. When they're him.
Let say he does more than others, when it comes to his sets, but that does not make his behavior ok. He is well known asshole in EDM community. Good thing there is some genuinely nice people in that group, like for example Armin van Buuren and many more. Not that I like his stuff that much as I used to....but that's besides the point.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
DeadMau5's whole MO's has been speaking from the hip and it hasn't hurt him, arguably has made him a pretty interesting read (ie this infamous blogpost calling out EDM DJ culture)

That said even ignoring the homophobic elephant in the room its kinda nuts his apology is 80% of him still seething about losing a videogame, 20% backhanded apology...dude needs some anger management.

Second; as it was pointed out earlier in the thread, LOLZ @ the fact anger being the excuse, it reminds me of when someone said slurs was 'gamer language' in a previous 'i done fucked up on stream' incident.

People casually using slurs is why I as a black dude popped into Apex yesterday and had to listen to a 12 year old throw the n-word around, not even in a 'i am racist nazi' way, but on some 'this just so happens to be what i call my opponents', what's the big deal bro?

I don't blame the 12 year old, I blame his parents and most importantly people like Deadmau5 who might not be bigoted but def. have no problem keeping that sort of bias alive.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought Deadmau5 seemed like a dick. His edgy, dude bro persona always annoyed me.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
LOL another 'heated gaming moment"

fuck off, idiot. you're almost 40. grow up and learn something for once.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
This pretty clearly demonstrates the guy considers LGBTQ as a shameful and inferior lifestyle that can be used as leverage to an insult even when directly being pointed out as such.

Where did all the raised with this language and sometimes it slips out folks go? The guy is a homophobe and shows no sign of self-reflection and if you sympathize with him you likely are too.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I kind of want there to be a spiritual sequel to Spinal Tap (or some of those more recent Will Ferrell movies a la Anchorman) starring John C. McGinley as totally not actually deadmau5

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with this bullshit is that you don't resort to saying that shit in "the heat of the moment" unless you have some pretty fucking problematic views. It is like all those people who claim that "we all use the N-word when we are among friends" or a sentiment similar to that one; we don't all say that shit because some of us find it genuinely revolting. No matter how angry you get me I won't use homophobic slurs. So yeah, fuck that guy.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Let say he does more than others, when it comes to his sets, but that does not make his behavior ok. He is well known asshole in EDM community. Good thing there is some genuinely nice people in that group, like for example Armin van Buuren and many more. Not that I like his stuff that much as I used to....but that's besides the point.

this reminds me when Mau5 insulted Armin's ASOT (this while they were kind of doing a collab track over Twitter) but ended up accepting joining a place in an ASOT stage shortly after. Dude's an idiot and an hypocrite.

Sputnik Sweetheart

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 31, 2017
Bad language. Bad attempt at justifying its use. There is no justification. Why isolate and speak down to what could be part of your viewing community?

I'd say someone largely irrelevant who came out a piece of shit is that Pogo guy who made Disney remixes.
I used to love Pogo way back when. Holy shit looking up what he said... what the fuck? How did I miss this happening?

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
this reminds me when Mau5 insulted Armin's ASOT (this while they were kind of doing a collab track over Twitter) but ended up accepting joining a place in an ASOT stage shortly after. Dude's an idiot and an hypocrite.
Remember that, but I wrote it so vaguely, since I don't thing that many people in here even know who AvB is.

EDIT: Agree with you 100% by the way.