• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Last edited:

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
oh my god that's so close ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
0666b04b57795afa1f3eb5cd4cf146d9.gif

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I still don't understand if the first game is legit good or a "so bad it's so good" kind of game, I've read all sorts of opinions about it.

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still don't understand if the first game is legit good or a "so bad it's so good" kind of game, I've read all sorts of opinions about it.

I thought it was legit good.

The gameplay is trash, performance etc all very low budget. But the NPC routines were the best I've seen since Shenmue and you start to care about some of them. The monologues in the car about low key 80's pulp movies was golden as well. It was really a private detective game, you could stalk the NPC's. I thought Sterling was trolling when he said DP was better than Heavy Rain but after playing it I fully agreed. It did murder investigation, character development etc so much better on an unquestionable far lower budget.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I was vaguely hoping after they realised the other ports of DP1 sucked that they'd go back and patch them up a tad.

Guess I'll finally just push my way through the janky PC port. I loved what I've played, but its just such a pain to play.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
What the hell, that's crazy soon?!

I don't know about you Zach, but I for one am very excited about this news.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit it's Christmas for me! Just fucking release earthbound/mother 3 and a new suda 51 game and this year
video game wise considering the world is hell right now
is a fucking dream for me

In every way it's good it's excellent, in every way its bad it's faciniating. But he's also proven himself in decent years as a director, I think time has proven swery to be a really cool guy. I honestly think the cringe is partly the atheistic, especially after the missing proved he's actually a damn good at direction

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect it to be released this early Zach.

That True Detective-esque intro though. Pretty cool.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Legit very good. The production values are trash and it's buggy as hell, but the charm is 100% real, the characters are great and the game has some really interesting mechanics that were - quite frankly - ahead of the time.

Oct 25, 2017
day 1

can't wait to be back on the field

wish I could get a replay of the first game done on pc before then, but I cannot play it for longer than 20 minutes without crashing anymore and I really wish rising star would do something about that mess :c

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man they can't just cut that Bond-tier opening at the minute mark, I wanna hear the rest!

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I thought it was legit good.

The gameplay is trash, performance etc all very low budget. But the NPC routines were the best I've seen since Shenmue and you start to care about some of them. The monologues in the car about low key 80's pulp movies was golden as well. It was really a private detective game, you could stalk the NPC's. I thought Sterling was trolling when he said DP was better than Heavy Rain but after playing it I fully agreed. It did murder investigation, character development etc so much better on an unquestionable far lower budget.
It's legit great in many respects, and legit awful in others. I've never attributed "so bad it's good" to DP.
Holy shit it's Christmas for me! Just fucking release earthbound/mother 3 and a new suda 51 game and this year
video game wise considering the world is hell right now
is a fucking dream for me

In every way it's good it's excellent, in every way its bad it's faciniating
It's good. It's one of the most memorable games I have ever played.
Legit very good. The production values are trash and it's buggy as hell, but the charm is 100% real, the characters are great and the game has some really interesting mechanics that were - quite frankly - ahead of the time.

Thanks, I'll play it then.

What is the best version of the game? I know it recently got a Switch port (and it's currently 50% off).

swift-darius

May 10, 2018
man we already knew he was doing true detective with this one, but this intro is shot for shot a remake of parts of true detective's intro. he's not shy about his influences

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
normally i would look at those new screenshots and be aghast at the legitimately wii-era textures but that just reassures me that this really is Deadly Premonition 2

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I'm curious about how this will look and perform in handheld. Is this game really good in terms of story? Does it have amazing plot twists? I love games that are story heavy similar to Danganronpa, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Zero Escape and AI: Somnuim Files.