• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
It zoomed out, and I just remember it needing you to figure out your path on your own instead of giving you a line to follow. The driving was janky though for sure, but that's kind of everything in the game
Weird, I don't remember it zooming out at all. I remember being on the outskirts of the town and not being able to zoom out the map to see the quickest way to get back to town because I was running out of gas.

wsbceo

alt account
Banned
Apr 29, 2019
I can finally play the original without having to deal with my PC crashing all the time. And that's with Durante's fix.

At least, I hope. Please don't let the Switch version be buggy. Super excited.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Don't you also run out of gas as you're driving?
You sure do.
I played on PC.

646572-deadly-premonition-the-director-s-cut-windows-screenshot-the.jpg

It zoomed out, and I just remember it needing you to figure out your path on your own instead of giving you a line to follow. The driving was janky though for sure, but that's kind of everything in the game
Yeah, the PC/PS4 version had fixes like that. But... the original 360 version, jank and all, is actually superior.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I need someone to tell me how the port runs!

I have bought and given up on this game on 3 different platforms because of performance and/or bugs.

If this thing runs well I'll definitely buy it a 4th time and finally go through the whole thing .

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
One of my fave games of all time is getting a sequel. I wonder how the story will go though. It seems like it wrapped up. Must be more red seeds all over the place or something.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Swery is the director/writer for the game:

This dude is insane. He recently released The Missing (which was already a surprise since he's working on The Good Life), The Good Life is supposed to release in 2020, and this too ?! Hype.

Can you guys believe that in 2020 we're getting No More Heroes 3 and Deadly Premonition 2 ? This is insane. Suda and Swery FTW

Bulk_Rate

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I can finally play the original without having to deal with my PC crashing all the time. And that's with Durante's fix.

At least, I hope. Please don't let the Switch version be buggy. Super excited.
At least you could get the Steam version to run at all! I couldn't

I am super stoked about this release!

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017

I have bought and given up on this game on 3 different platforms because of performance and/or bugs.

If this thing runs well I'll definitely buy it a 4th time and finally go through the whole thing .
I'm 6 minutes from my copy being done downloading. I can report back as soon as I have a couple minutes with it.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Was anyone else there on release? I just checked my achievements and it looks like I didn't start it until 5 days after it released. I feel like I bought it the day it ce out, though. I specifically remember the guys at the game shop laughing at me for buying the weird $20 thing no one had heard of.

HS484YM.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
oh cool, I'll get this one. probably not gonna buy a third (fourth?) copy of the original game though. sorry Swery.

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
Great to see Swery officially commenting on his involvement. Definitely cannot wait now to see how this new craziness unfolds!

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They're really doing a sequel to one of my all time favorites, a completely inconceivable sequel and it's getting the stage on a Nintendo Direct.

It's Nier Automata and Shenmue III all over again and it's wonderful.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
My fave game from the wii60 era is getting a sequel! Always wanted to play the slightly updated version of DP, but i could never get it to run even with Durante's fix.

So glad Access Games doesn't own the DP IP.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to assume people have already posted Jim Sterling's reaction to Deadly Premonition 2. But for those who didn't see it yet:

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017

Alright y'all game downloaded and I'm in the rainy opening after the car crash.

The game looks crisp in handheld mode! I wouldn't be surprised if this was native 720p.

And I'll be damned it's running at a solid 30FPS I believe just based on my rudimentary ability to determine framerates at the naked eye. I'm noticing some slight frame stutter, but it isn't egregious. Controls how you'd expect if you've played the game before, feels like the PS3 version in that respect. This seems like it's going to be the version to play from the small portion I've done so far.

Last edited:

Deleted member 420

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The game looks crisp in handheld mode! I wouldn't be surprised if this was native 720p.

And I'll be damned it's running at a solid 30FPS I believe just based on my rudimentary ability to determine framerates at the naked eye. I'm noticing some slight frame stutter, but it isn't egregious. Controls how you'd expect, feels like the PS3/360 version. This seems like it's going to be the version to play from the small portion I've done so far.
Wow damn. I will support a dollar a frame and pick this up rn

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I have only vaguely heard of this game/series and it looked really bad.

Can someone explain this to me?

Deadly Premonition basically began life as a heavily, HEAVILY Twin Peaks-inspired open world horror/detective game. So heavily inspired that its original incarnation, Rainy Woods, actually almost got shut down due to threatened legal action before the developer, Swery65, reworked it into what's now known as Red Seeds Profile (in Japan)/Deadly Premonition (everywhere else).

In a very, very boiled down sense, it's a heavily narrative-driven open world horror game about an FBI agent who loves movies and coffee investigating a series of grisly murders in a quirky Pacific Northwest town. It's incredibly incredibly janky and also so bursting with personality that if you actually bear with it long enough to get used to the controls and the jank you'll very likely end up falling in love with it.

In other words, it basically ended up becoming Video Game Twin Peaks anyway.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
ZACK

I want to discuss something with you

This morning while I had my coffee, it happened. The coffee spoke to me. While I was entranced by this, it said we would get an sequel.

This saddened me. Because we know that would never happen.

Burn then I happened to come across a Nintendo Direct broadcast. There it was. Deadly Premonition 2.

But we'll talk later Zach. Something came up

Apr 21, 2018
Deadly Premonition basically began life as a heavily, HEAVILY Twin Peaks-inspired open world horror/detective game. So heavily inspired that its original incarnation, Rainy Woods, actually almost got shut down due to threatened legal action before the developer, Swery65, reworked it into what's now known as Red Seeds Profile (in Japan)/Deadly Premonition (everywhere else).

In a very, very boiled down sense, it's a heavily narrative-driven open world horror game about an FBI agent who loves movies and coffee investigating a series of grisly murders in a quirky Pacific Northwest town. It's incredibly incredibly janky and also so bursting with personality that if you actually bear with it long enough to get used to the controls and the jank you'll very likely end up falling in love with it.

In other words, it basically ended up becoming Video Game Twin Peaks anyway.

Wow. I might need to buy it then. Goddamnit.

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Those are some fucking rough looking little snippets. Granted, this Deadly P we're talking about, but White Owls' The Missing is actually a pretty clean game and The Good Life is looking sharp too.

What I'm trying to say is: if I ever wanted a sequel to DP, I'd want it to be technically sounder. I don't know if I want just DP again in terms of polish.

Who is Rising Star Games?

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017

And I'll be damned it's running at a solid 30FPS I believe just based on my rudimentary ability to determine framerates at the naked eye. I'm noticing some slight frame stutter, but it isn't egregious. Controls how you'd expect if you've played the game before, feels like the PS3 version in that respect. This seems like it's going to be the version to play from the small portion I've done so far.
Here's a quick couple of screencaps from the opening in handheld mode. It looks pretty sharp on the Switch screen!
4Rzp207.jpg

EDqPZYeUYAACc61

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, fair enough. I figured it wasn't a spoiler since the video was posted in a thread that included details on the release of the first game on a Nintendo console for the first time.

Oh, the video itself isn't a spoiler, but the answer to your question about the video is.

Those are some fucking rough looking little snippets. Granted, this Deadly P we're talking about, but White Owls' The Missing is actually a pretty clean game and The Good Life is looking sharp too.

What I'm trying to say is: if I ever wanted sequel to DP, I'd want it to be technically sounder. I don't know if I want just DP again in terms of polish.

Rising Star Games is a publisher. The developer of the sequel is a company called TOYBOX, apparently.

Wow. I might need to buy it then. Goddamnit.

If you really really like quirky Japanese shit and Twin Peaks and have a lot of patience for janky design, go right ahead. As long as it's based on the PS3 version with all of its gameplay improvements you'll be alright. The original XB360 version was borderline unplayable in some regards.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Going to wait on some more impressions of the port of the original but if it's solid then I might have to double dip.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

What I'm trying to say is: if I ever wanted a sequel to DP, I'd want it to be technically sounder. I don't know if I want just DP again in terms of polish.

they published the DC of Deadly Premonition on Steam. They were acquired by Thunderful (the joint venture formed between Image & Form and Zoink games) last year