• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus that image of the bat in the soup is awful.

"Would you like a drink to go with your bat soup, sir?"

"Yes, a Corona please"

Gallows Bat

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
News going around in China is that one of the doctors treating patients in Wuhan has died. Seems to be legit, absolutely tragic.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Bats are literally the worst. I hate them so much. Bunch of viral bombs the little pests are.
Wait until you meet humans and all the shit they carry and how they have the ability to travel the world in just hours. They fucking suck, and more than half of their males don't even wash their hands after pooping.

Jan 10, 2018
Westerners being so high on traditional chinese medicine always amuse me. Bats, elephants, rhinos, shit is overwhelmingly fucking dumb.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Another confirmed positive for Malaysia, bringing the number to 4. All of them belong to the same group that traveled from China and entered via Singapore.

Nov 20, 2017
Another confirmed positive for Malaysia, bringing the number to 4. All of them belong to the same group that traveled from China and entered via Singapore.

NST is saying this is a separate case?

This latest case, involving a 40-year-old male tourist from Wuhan, is unrelated to the three announced earlier.

"He was with a group of 17 tourists. His wife and child were also in the group.

"On Jan 23, he started to have a fever. He sought medical attention the next day at a private hospital nearby. He was referred to the Infectious Diseases team at Hospital Sultanah Aminah, Johor Baru. Tests confirmed he was positive on Jan 25."

Static Veins

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm currently home in the UK visiting family but work out in Beijing. Supposed to fly back on Monday morning. Seriously debating not doing so as I'm not back at work until Saturday and think the extra few days will decide whether work is even going to re-open or not.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
There seems to be a lot of conflict on whether or not this is fast spreading or not. If they have been in Australia for almost a month shouldn't we be getting a lot more reports?

That means 2 of the newly infected got the virus locally, in Australia, not in China. So that's a 2nd. generation contagion of the virus. It means Australia should up their efforts twice as hard to contain this locally.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

My little town in Southwest China has stopped bus services and basically locked down the town. My friends said it's a ghost town, everyone is inside. So glad I left for CNY.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
User banned (3 days): Ignoring staff post
Are they serious with eating bat soup and motherfucking Koala

what the fuck

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
Lines up with the 2.5 from the university of Florida report yesterday and honestly doesn't sound that bad to me. In its early days SARS was a 4.

Yes, so far there doesn't seem to be any indications this new strand is more infectious than the SARS epidemic from 2003. That's great news. The numbers are being updated by the hour but it seems that's the range where it will sit for now (between 2 ~ 3).

Last edited:

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Bats are literally the worst. I hate them so much. Bunch of viral bombs the little pests are.

Ignorant & simplistic take. Bats are also really useful, they eat a lot of insects, they disperse seeds and pollinate flowers.

Recently scientists estimated that bats in the United States have save us somewhere between $3.7 and 54 billion in pest control services every year. Bats have been documented eating bugs that attack pecans, almonds, rice, cotton, corn, coffee, sugarcane, tomatoes, cucumbers and beans.

Jadentheman

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Are they serious with eating bat soup and motherfucking Koala

what the fuck

Animal agriculture is to blame period. Not the type of animal. Even cows and pigs will spread and have spread virus eg. Swine FLu and Mad Cow. We are playing with fire in our pursuit of carnist desires. You should see the antibiotic abuse, not wonder resistant bacteria are popping up.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
I may be a bit ridiculous here but I find it kind of reprehensible that people will freely choose to travel to other countries when they are leaving from an area where there is a contagious epidemic. The only way I can understand is that they are leaving China to go back home but actually travelling knowing you could possibly spread something in another country is irresponsible.

Porkepik

Oct 27, 2017
I have eaten balut last month in ho chi minh and it was honestly good as a snack . my vietnamese girlfriend lives there , starting to worry for her that it spreads quickly there seeing the proximity and not too different way of life. I m supposed to go back for a month in april, I guess we ll have a contained situation or global pandemic which won't matter must if I go by then.

Porkepik

Oct 27, 2017
I m more worried for the elderly, young kids, pregnant women (sister in law of girlfriend is due in 2 weeks) out there. We ll get cases of healthy people dying but they will be minority. But i m very worried for all the other at risk people.

Porkepik

Oct 27, 2017
I came back through china on the 5th of january, still got sick from the plane I guess, just flu like symptoms that lasted a week. But I can't imagine how risky a plane flight is now in china. I think its a good measure to ban some travel, don't think it will help that much though its probably already too late

Status
Not open for further replies.