• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

WWE Confirms First Known Coronavirus Case

The WWE has confirmed the first COVID-19 case among its ranks. According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, which broke the story, the infected individual is an on-camera talent, but not a wrestler. The publication said the person is believed to have contracted the virus after going out to dinner with...

The WWE has confirmed the first COVID-19 case among its ranks.

According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, which broke the story, the infected individual is an on-camera talent, but not a wrestler. The publication said the person is believed to have contracted the virus after going out to dinner with friends who work in the health care industry.

"We believe this matter is low risk to WWE talent and staff, as the individual and a roommate became symptomatic in the days following exposure to two people working in acute health care on the evening of March 26, after WWE's TV production on a closed set was already complete," WWE said in a statement. "The employee had no contact with anyone from WWE since being exposed to those two individuals, is doing well, and made a complete recovery."

And they knew this before talking about putting on shows again

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Just because people work in healthcare doesn't mean that they're super safe, y'all. They're probably the first group of people at risk for infection.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
WWE is a public company? I don't how it works but Vince can't be voted out or something? Like can no one take the power out of this fucks hands? Maybe I watch too many Korean dramas.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine not immediately shutting down

WWE's response is basically "IT'S FINE EVERYTHING IS FINE"

jml

Mar 9, 2018
WWE is a public company? I don't how it works but Vince can't be voted out or something? Like can no one take the power out of this fucks hands? Maybe I watch too many Korean dramas.
Vince has been the stable hand in charge of WWE for 40 years and they've been profitable with him at the helm. Shareholders may not have as much faith in his successor. Things that fans complain about aren't really relevant to the people who might actually be able to force Vince out.

Edit: I might be off, Couleurs post a couple posts down looks more accurate after some research.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The second--and third tier talent should look at their travel accomodations and work-out schedules and ask themselves whether Vince is going to give a shit whether you contract the virus and either can't work for weeks/ months or it does permanent physical/ mental damage.

You think these fucking sociopaths are gonna have a position waiting for you after you helped juice their quarterly earnings?

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
A roster and crew of people who constantly travel inside a country that has, at best, had a faux-lockdown.

My only surprise is that this didn't come out earlier.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
So from what I heard, I think WWE has a deal with USA and Fox that only allows only three pre taped episodes.

So Vince is pushing live shows despite this confirmed case. The networks might shut this idea down tho like EPSN did to UFC

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Vince is definitely going to turn this into a storyline.... Again. Just like he did with Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley after Roman had to leave due to cancer. And the fact that he will just go on with live shows is pretty disgusting.

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
Vince is definitely going to turn this into a storyline.... Again. Just like he did with Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley after Roman had to leave due to cancer. And the fact that he will just go on with live shows is pretty disgusting.
[Insert infected worker here] is dying...but not because of coronavirus. But because of your terrible matches, Kevin Owens. So get out here I can Burn. It. Down!