• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
At least the 3rd one will be set in modern times going by what Gal has said in past interviews. Let's get this character looking forward and not back. Maybe the Flash movie will find a way for Steve to join the current day permanently as well.

Apr 27, 2020
WM gave Zack Snyder 60M+ to finish Justice League, they obviously don't care about reception

They're literally money over everything

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sure, but critics often don't matter nor a vocal minority of fans. It's all bout the general audience reaction. Especially for super hero flicks. They also have direct access to HBO Max stats and other metrics, which I'm guessing tell a different story to the critical backlash.
What metrics would HBO Max show you? That people watched it?
I guess it's true though. People will go watch DC movies good or bad. So why make good ones.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh, they might want to take their time after WW84. Can't believe how much worse it is than the first Wonder Woman.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
just watched this last night and thought it was pretty bad. Especially compared to the first
seems I'm not alone.

too much obsessing over a lost love interest imo like a rom drama. Didn't think it wouldn't feel so backwards

Can't wait to see more racist Arab stereotypes! /s

and during the "all cultures" part, there was like 3. Felt like a 5th graders conception of the world cultures tbh.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
What metrics would HBO Max show you? That people watched it?
I guess it's true though. People will go watch DC movies good or bad. So why make good ones.
They likely have a lot of other stuff too like when people subscribed as well as questionnaires that are done asking why people subscribed, what they've thought of specific films and offerings. But yeah after just two days it's probably just how many views it got and how many recent subscriptions they got after announcing it was going to be viewable on the service.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Expecting a plot on "is she a hero without her powers????" since every hero gets a take on that and I don't believe Wondy has had it yet in the flicks. Haven't seen 84 yet (but will despite the reviews) for what it's worth.
I hope the fuck not. She jobbed like crazy in 84 already and was nearly depowered and there's a huge gulf in her power from WW/84 to BvS/Justice League.

She's also way more violent lmao. We need a modern WW film finally and she's gotta do less jibbing. I wanna see a better connection from Jenkins WW to Snyder WW finally.

Apr 27, 2020
Any ideas how Steve will be back?

I'm betting reincarnation as his brother/sisters grandchild.

dc.fandom.com

Steven Trevor, Jr. (Wonder Woman TV Series)

Colonel Steven Leonard "Steve" Trevor, Jr., the son of Steve Trevor, Sr., was a US Air Force Intelligence agent. After his graduation from the Colorado Springs Air Force Academy, for which his father had written his letter of referral, Trevor had risen through Cold War service to become Director...

Oct 25, 2017
For number three I would ask for three things:
  • more greek mythology
  • more stuff like the opening mall scene of 84
  • less of whatever the fuck the rest of 84 was

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the fuck not. She jobbed like crazy in 84 already and was nearly depowered and there's a huge gulf in her power from WW/84 to BvS/Justice League.

She's also way more violent lmao. We need a modern WW film finally and she's gotta do less jibbing. I wanna see a better connection from Jenkins WW to Snyder WW finally.
Yeah, they need to bring back super saiyan WW from BvS.

Patty needs to go hard on the action this time. That's when Gal is at her most convincing.

dc.fandom.com

Steven Trevor, Jr. (Wonder Woman TV Series)

Colonel Steven Leonard "Steve" Trevor, Jr., the son of Steve Trevor, Sr., was a US Air Force Intelligence agent. After his graduation from the Colorado Springs Air Force Academy, for which his father had written his letter of referral, Trevor had risen through Cold War service to become Director...
Played by Ryan Reynolds

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see it. It could be fun.

Yes, please:
main-qimg-597f0240ef0d6e58c416516441c6191f
Jesus, what's in that taco? Tapeworms??

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

This is overlooking what is imo the worst offender:

When the guy said "heathens" I cringed SO hard. Hollywood action movies being racist and orientalist being nothing new but I was shocked at how blatant it was here, and how not one person threw their hand up and said "we can't put this in the movie."

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
WW2K

Geoff Johns better stay away cause I know he likely did a lot of that awful shit.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Sure, but critics often don't matter nor a vocal minority of fans. It's all bout the general audience reaction. Especially for super hero flicks. They also have direct access to HBO Max stats and other metrics, which I'm guessing tell a different story to the critical backlash.

It's the Adam Sandler effect on Netflix. There's a reason they keep throwing millions at him to make movies that look like parody trailers of movies within actual funny films: because for some reason that I'll never understand tens of millions of people eat them up.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Lordy that movie was bad. I can't believe they are fast tracking it. There wasn't anything offensively terrible but I actually disliked it more than BvS which is crazy because I would classify that as a terrible movie. Still there are moments of amazing cinematography or action in BvS that give you at least some nuggets whereas with this everything was just painfully mediocre. Kristen is so wasted on it and whoever thought it was a good idea for her to look like a hooker with torn stalkings as a visual sign of her "badness" is a lunatic. None of the action is well choreographed and the visual fx were just mediocre. Story was nonsense and breaks its own rules established. Bringing Steve back Joe Black style was ridiculous (really no one has an issue her wish just robbed this guy of his life?) It's one of those movies that the more I think about it the more I go from total uninterest to actively disdaining it. Which sucks because the previous movie was so enjoyable

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
DIX7hMAXgAEg7fU.jpg

Keep him as a producer, better get rid of Geoff Johns and introduce Artemis, Donna or Nubia. See you in 2025 Patty. 2026? What is time anyway? BvS took 5 years to get a sequel and Shazam 2 will take quite some time too. Unless this is more vaporware. So much of that going around with WB. We´ll see but I am hopeful.
Now for that other JLA movie or two. And how about a one and done Batfleck Begins. HBO Max can need all of these. My wish and I will not renounce it.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's possible to know who's at fault for why WW84 is fucking atrocious and offensive, as it has 3 writing credits. However my gut tells me that it's Geoff Johns.
However that means Jenkins at least had no problem with the quality of the script, which is a problem itself.

So... not looking for hopeful for anything she is solely responsibly for writing.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they need to bring back super saiyan WW from BvS.

Patty needs to go hard on the action this time. That's when Gal is at her most convincing.
For reallllllll lmao. I wanna see Patty make good on the smirking-in-the-middle-of-a-life-or-death-battle/standing toe to toe with alien invaders WW in her solo movies too dammit. We kinda got a glimpse of it at the end of the first WW but absolutely nothing in this one, it's a good thing she stuck cheetahs finger in a electrical socket...

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe have someone else write it? What Party Jenkins wrote for WW84 was garbage.

Oct 27, 2017
It's the Adam Sandler effect on Netflix. There's a reason they keep throwing millions at him to make movies that look like parody trailers of movies within actual funny films: because for some reason that I'll never understand tens of millions of people eat them up.
You act like 2 hours of mindless background fodder or fun is a bad thing. I wouldn't see WW84 in theaters but why not it was on max. Not everything I need to watch is an Oscar contender

Oct 25, 2017
IF:

A. Wonder Woman just has to have a love interest, and
B. Chris Pine doesnt come back...

...Wonder Woman is probably the only bisexual movie cape we are going to get, so they should explore that.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
They'll find a villain to take Steve's likeness to taunt her the whole film.

.....actually, Chris Pine playing a mustache twirling bad guy would be really fun. lol

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
You act like 2 hours of mindless background fodder or fun is a bad thing. I wouldn't see WW84 in theaters but why not it was on max. Not everything I need to watch is an Oscar contender

Yea, I don't mind a serviceable movie myself (you should see my Letterboxd profile), but I was citing the exact phenomenon of streaming services throwing money at people who get eyeballs and not critical praise. So we're actually in agreement.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
I get them making a third one, but fast tracking it while it's getting shit on by reviewers and audiences just feels super odd. You would think they would want to give it a bit of time.

I could maybe think they are scared Jenkins will learn that other companies are way better and move on from WB

Covid has added a whole new set of logistics when it comes to filming so I get why they want to get a start on it now.