• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

New Line Taps Timo Tjahjanto To Direct ‘Train To Busan’, Its Remake Of South Korean Box Office Hit

The Train to Busan remake at New Line looks to be gaining steam, with Timo Tiahianto in negotiations to direct.
The anticipated Train to Busan remake at New Line looks to be gaining steam as sources tell Deadline that Timo Tjahjanto is in negotiations to helm the pic based on the blockbuster South Korean hit.

Atomic Monster's James Wan and Michael Clear and Gaumont's Nicolas Atlan and Terry Kalagian will produce alongside Coin Operated's Gary Dauberman, who is adapting the screenplay. Judson Scott, Sidonie Dumas, Christophe Riandee and Johanna Byer are executive producing.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Train to Boston.

Get all the famous Boston actors in there, Boston'ing it up.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
...is the train still going to Busan?

Then why the fuck are they remaking it?
Will probably be Train To Boston/Baltimore/[insert major city that starts with B]

At least for me, Timo heading this turns the idea of a Busan remake from a WTF, why, this is stupid, to a fuck, yeah, I can't wait to see what he does with the premise

Timo is an interesting choice for a remake here, to the point where I'm wondering if they're going to push this to be a darker take on the material since he kind of has a knack for violently killing most of his casts with extreme prejudice. Not that the original didn't have a pretty big body count itself, but one could hardly accuse that film of lacking empathy for each character that dies off!

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Timo is an interesting choice for a remake here, to the point where I'm wondering if they're going to push this to be a darker take on the material since he kind of has a knack for violently killing most of his casts with extreme prejudice. Not that the original didn't have a pretty big body count itself, but one could hardly accuse that film of lacking empathy for each character that dies off!
Just have to hope this won't be a John Woo/Hard Target scenario where the studio won't let the director fully unleash their violent tendencies

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Too good an idea for this world
"aye, this train is a wicked pissa"

"Yo we gotta get down tha cape before night fall'

"ah, i miss a good dunkies since we been fightin these dead heads. im starvin"

"dis train ride is a straight rippa"

all this delivered by probably marky mark.

Just have to hope this won't be a John Woo/Hard Target scenario where the studio won't let the director fully unleash their violent tendencies
No way this is going to be anywhere nearly as gory as either Headshot or The Night Comes for Us, and frankly, I don't think it needs to be. Train to Busan definitely felt violent enough, even if it is not particularly gory in the end.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
No way this is going to be anywhere nearly as gory as either Headshot or The Night Comes for Us, and frankly, I don't think it needs to be. Train to Busan definitely felt violent enough, even if it is not particularly gory in the end.
Keeping my fingers crossed. New Line is co-producing Mortal Kombat and co-produced It, did all the Final Destinations, so their producers are no strangers to excessive gore

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Wait.... A remake? The fuck? I'm interested since it's still zombies.

Yeah it's probably like Train to Boston/Baltimore/etc. Just don't.... Take cues from Peninsula.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Timo is awesome, I fucking LOVED The Night Comes For Us.

This thing is in good hands.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Ooooof!

Just read that Gary Dauberman is writing the script.

Ah fuck, I was excited to see Timo on it :(

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Still trying to understand why we need a busan remake but I guess the director choice is good...if anything it managed to make me a bit more interested in how this turns out so that is something

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
I just dont really see why the need to remake it. Its pretty much a perfect movie and its simple to understand. Changing the setting doesnt do anything at all since its still takes place in a train.
Honestly they should remake flight of the dead instead. Zombie on a plane is low key a a sick concept that has only been use in that movie. Funny thing is the full movie is on youtube in french lol

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I just dont really see why the need to remake it. Its pretty much a perfect movie and its simple to understand. Changing the setting doesnt do anything at all since its still takes place in a train.
Honestly they should remake flight of the dead instead. Zombie on a plane is low key a a sick concept that has only been use in that movie. Funny thing is the full movie is on youtube in french lol
And in World War Z

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Could change it to like an underground subway system. Makes it darker and more terrifying. The penultimate is when the survivors make it up to the surface is when they realize just how fucked up the outside world is.