• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Potentially go to space in 9, Fast 10 the Future, Fastformers into Riddick in 11.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
There's so fucking way.
Even if it's going to be a 10-20 years break, somehow Old man Vin is going to make a comeback in the future.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
They want to make FF films that don't star such an expensive and huge cast. The last 2 films will absolutely be spinoff fodder first and foremost.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I am going to legit miss the films. Pure guilty pleasure rollercoaster films and although it's ending i hope we do get to explore more of it with spinoffs. Would love to see a few Tokyo Drift films.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
My girlfriend and I have been watching the movies. We just finished Fate of the Furious last night. We love how absolutely absurd these films have gotten.

We're so mad that they closed the ride at Universal. We are desperately wanting to go on a ride with The Family.

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017
They should do what Engame did and revisit all the old movies, and in the end all 11 Vin Diesels duke it out to see who's the best driver in the multiverse.
they gonna have their own portals scene, Brian, Gisele, Vince, Jesse, Johnny Tran, Ja Rule, Suki, redeemed Johnny Tran, Lucas Black, Bow Wow, Eva Mendes, Kurt Russell, Scott Eastwood, Tego and Rico as well as of course Hobbs and Shaw come in, with Shaw's sister, mom and brother, Ryan Reynolds, Kevin Hart, Rob Delaney, Eiza Gonzalez and her all-female crew, Hobbs entire Samoan family, all come in driving cars through the portals

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Is this Universal reacting to the loss of the theater business for a while?

Otherwise, I don't see why they would end it.Was under the impression they don't have much else.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
The final shot better be Vin Disel 99 years in the future about to race against some punk driving a futuristic cyber car.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
e8a.gif

Yeah. Ok. Sure Universal. You're totally not going to do anything else with one of your more profitable franchies. I totally believe you won't be making any spin-offs or doing any reboots. Yeah. Sure. Ok. Wink wink.

Who knows, maybe Comcast will feel like they have no choice but chase some more M&A options like buying MGM and/or Sony Pictures so they can have the Spider-Man rights?

Are they intending to have live-action Spider-Man on its own again and not work with Marvel Studios? Because we saw how well that was received by people when Sony and Marvel Studios originally said they weren't working together on a third film. And we'll see how Morbius and Venom 2 do. Otherwise, good luck if you want to reboot and do your own thing again.

... Into The Spider-Verse crew and films though would probably work out for them if they just let them be and not interfered. But that's besides the point.

Buying Sony exclusively to get Spider-Man film rights isn't suddenly going to solve their problems and make everything better. Not when right now the mainline live-action films are too tied to the MCU from an audience perspective, and we still don't know in the long term how Sony's Live Action Marvel Universe of films will perform. And Live-Action superheroes always bring in more money than animated superheroes (fair or not). If the Sony AU works, then Sony doesn't have a reason to sell off it's movie division. If it fails, then all you've got is a franchise heavily dependent on working with another company.

No, Universal/Comcast is not going to abandon their current franchises. F&F will continue in some shape and form. And as for Universal, I think they're long term plan is going to be partnerships with other media companies like the Mario movie with Nintendo, while they figure out how to build up their current assests/make new long running franchises. Which is what ViacomCBS/Paramount is doing anyway, and they're on a slightly better footing compared to Universal (although obviously a step below Disney and Warners). They'll be fine.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
vince diesel drives into a black hole and ends up crashing into a space police cruiser when he comes out the other side. he makes up the name of riddick and gets sent to that planet in pitch dark.

vinnygambini

Dec 11, 2018
The day after Universal release the 'last' Fast & Furious film they will have to do one of two things....

A) With all the original (now very expensive) talent gone they are clear to develop a reboot with new (much cheaper) actors. Only the original producers will remain so they'll still have to give someone a big pay day but at least it won't be the incredibly troublesome Vin Diesel.

OR...

B) Close up the studio gates and sell off the land to developers to build apartments for cats or something.

Universal have Jurassic Park and the Illumination slate (both big franchises) but neither of those alone will give the studio the big cross platform franchise that it needs to really compete with the likes of Disney and Warners. Previous efforts like the Dark Universe are being better positioned but it will still be largely niche compared to their original ambitions for it.

Who knows, maybe Comcast will feel like they have no choice but chase some more M&A options like buying MGM and/or Sony Pictures so they can have the Spider-Man rights?

MGM seems like a good bet - I'm thinking Comcast awaits to see how well the next James Bond flick does before committing to the acquisition given they are distributing the title overseas. Furthermore, Comcast needs to finish off paying the Sky acquisition and that should be taken care of by 2021.

MGM has a treasure trove of IP's waiting to be mined and exploited - also it'll bulk up Comcast's Peacock value proposition and offering.

Also see ViacomCBS buyout Lionsgate/Starz if their market cap remains low but that's another conversation entirely 😬🤭

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who finally watched the whole series for the first time, I really hope not. It was interesting to see how they handled Paul Walkers death. The most shocking aspect of Fate of the Furious was they did all that CGI for Paul Walker but had Sean coming back as a mid 30's guy trying to play a kid again. But most importantly, I love how vin Diesel and the Rock were invulnerable, ie crashing out of a 6th floor window to land crashing on a car and get up like it was nothing. Each movie they became closer to being pure immortal.

And screw them for how they did Han..

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Will they call it Fast & Furious: The Final Chapter, and then have it not be the final chapter because the movie makes so much money?

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah right. This is a ploy to drive folks to theaters in record numbers to watch " the last 2 films"

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't this confirmed a while ago? Besides, this is just the mainline entries. That doesn't mean that there won't be any spin-offs. We already had one so far.
Yeah, I remember reading about that too.

Some years ago they said the tenth movie would be the end of the main saga, but few months ago or last year they said that the last movie would be split in two, so a tenth movie and an eleventh movie.

I thought this was known.