• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Oscar-Isaac-Solid-Snake.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Sony's long awaited Metal Gear Solid adaptation looks to have gained some major momentum as sources tell Deadline that Oscar Isaac is attached to play Solid Snake in Jordan Vogt-Roberts' Metal Gear Solid. The film is currently in development at Sony Pictures with Vogt-Roberts on board to direct.

The film is based on the Metal Gear Solid video game created by Hideo Kojima and published by Konami. The script is written by Derek Connolly. Avi Arad is producing. Peter Kang is the executive overseeing for the studio.

deadline.com

Oscar Isaac To Star As Solid Snake In Sony’s ‘Metal Gear Solid’ Movie

Sony's long awaited Metal Gear Solid adaptation looks to have gained some major momentum with Oscar Isaac is attached to play Solid Snake.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hmm. I like him as an actor but wouldn't have been an immediate pick for ol' Snake. Will remain open though, since the below gets close to it. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. Need that gruff voice tho.

rs-241071-R1262_FEA_Oscar_Isaac_A.jpg

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's Venom Snake tho

Still, he kind of has the look of Solid. I don't know how his voice is so I hope he has a similiar one to Snake.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel confident that this isn't actually going to happen, but I said the same thing about Uncharted so maybe the age of video game movies is finally here.

I'll watch anything with Oscar Isaac, so fingers crossed it's actually good.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
whats the earliest mention of this movie. its gotta be like 15 years at this point, right

looking forward to never watching this or caring about this

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I still find it hard to believe this movie will ever happen but Oscar Isaac is a pretty good choice.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
It's Oscar Isaac, he can look like literally whatever the fuck he wants. I swear for the longest time I would never realise when he was in a movie.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
We shall see it in about 4 years considering how many projects he has in the pipeline already.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Huh.

That's not a actor I was expecting but I'm ok with it, Oscar is a great actor. The big question is going to be the script.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Amazing news! He's 41, but it can be done, just present the story like it happens when he got burn out from FOX after many years of military missions.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Im less about looks and more about if they can match the personality of the Snake character. I dunno if Oscar Isaac is it.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Could have done a lot worse. This isn't bad at all and he's got serious acting chops. Just look at his work in Automata.

Now, tell me who the director is before I sign off on this movie...

Edit: oh it's Jordan Vogt-Roberts... I don't know him... 🤔

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't think of anyone better outside of like Hugh Jackman from 10 years ago. Good choice for a film I'll be surprised to see release.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
That ain't Solid Snake OP. Maybe edit the post with a pic of Solid Snake instead Big boss/Venom Snake.