• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I think what they should do is completely focus the first episode just on her and her POV (much like the game). Then she dies, of course, which will be shocking to anyone watching who isn't familiar with the source material.
This would be great, and it'd pay off in the long run too since Joel's relationship with Sarah is so key to understanding him and Ellie

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking they could've used the original girl who played Sarah, but then I remembered, she's probably in her 20s now lol

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Worth noting it's a guest starring role. Wouldn't expect her in every episode.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I bet she'll do a bang up job. She's only got one shot to make a first impression as Sarah. I wonder if she will be in the hole first episode. What a blast this will be. Is she shooting her scene soon?

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Hopefully they give her flashbacks to expand on her role and give her a better opportunity to showcase her talent... if not it's such a brief role (even though it's quite a memorable one that will give one HELL of a lasting impact for people that watch it)

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Cast, not casted fyi

But this is good news. Good actor.

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
Some of you really struggle with the idea that the show might not follow the game's story beat for beat uh?

Antoo

May 1, 2019
she was awful in the dumbo live action movie but she's a kid so she is hopefully constantly improving

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
ScaryComplicatedAsianwaterbuffalo-max-1mb.gif

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Not sure if everyone is trolling with the birthday stuff but I've been working since 1998 and if I've ever been "off" on my birthday it was because it was already a scheduled day off (IE weekend).

But I also don't tend to get super excited about it or anything anymore. People can't be surprised that most people don't take their birthday off right? Right?!?

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
www.resetera.com

The Last of Us' prologue: Why was Joel working?

In the beginning of The Last of Us, we find out that Joel has been working a contract job until midnight on his birthday. This is such a strange and specific detail, but I've never seen it brought up in the many discussions about the game. What kind of contract job was Joel working that required...

Same. Literally never got a day off on my birthday.

It's a reference to this thread

I had no idea that was a thread. Hahahaha. Gold.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Wow Pedro really lookin like Joel hereā€¦ its really happening.

Just saw this. I think we all know the scene they're rehearsing... I wonder if the filmmakers will homage cinematography of the game or intentionally not go back to look at it to create their own style. For example this sequence is mostly filmed from behind Sarah, with the camera panning around seamlessly at the mayhem. It's like the game has already done the best it could to create a 'cinematic' atmosphere, undermining the show lol.