• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I don't see how this will backfire at all.

Bohemian Rhapsody producer Graham King has secured from the Michael Jackson estate the rights to make a film of the complicated pop icon's life with access to all of his music, sources say. King's GK Films has retained three-time Oscar-nominated writer John Logan to pen the script.

...the complexity of Jackson's life is well known and will not be ignored in a film that will span his entire life, which ended with his tragic death in June 2009 at age 50. He became a star as a child and a global icon as an adult, but his childhood was not an easy one, and in adulthood he had to defend himself and paid out settlements over allegations of sexual abuse of child companions who routinely stayed at his house for sleepovers.

If this thing actually gets made, I predict tonal whiplash or a neutered story to satisfy a PG-13 audience and make sure it can sell a soundtrack for the MJ estate.

Didn't see a thread-- delete/lock if it exists.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Flex is ready
ulHqceO.jpg

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot think of any movie I would want less than a PG-13 Michael Jackson biopic made by the same people as BoRhap.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Impossible to fit his whole story in one movie tbh

Sell the rights to Netflix for $300m and do like 12 1 hour episodes, each covering jackson 5 era, off the wall era, thriller, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
Imagine a movie going over MJs childhood abuse and exploitation. And showing the effects such atrocities can have on someone as they develop into adulthood. It could be a powerful movie using MJ as a prop to talk about abuse.

This will not be that.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
So, the Michael Jackson estate approves of this movie being made? Yeah, that's a HARD PASS for me. I have no interest in watching anything that glorifies that pedo. I don't know how anyone that has seen his victims speak about their abuse could feel any different.

Not to mention, even if it is not going to be the type of glorifying movie I assume it will be. Just knowing the people that made Bohemian Rhapsody are involved with this is enough to make me loose interest. I feel Freddie Mercury's story could have been told much better.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First I want to say I enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody

That being said, definitely not a good idea to make this film, especially if they are going for the "clean" route and avoid the controversy.

If someone was going to make a Michael Jackson bio-pic, they should have done it before the HBO documentary came out.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
First billion dollar biopic. Especially if the bohemian rhapsody wastemans are involved

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
A biopic based on Michael Jackson's entire********************************************************* life

Still not enough asterisks.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
User Banned (3 Months): Dismissing Allegations of Sexual Exploitation of Minors over Multiple Posts and Inflammatory Thread Deraillment
And what truth would that be???
Come on you can figure it out. It's not complicated.

I'm in no way defending pedophilia but I don't believe that MJ was one and thehard evidence against him is nonexistent. I feel he was just a troubled man that felt more comfortable with kids because he was basically a kid at heart. He never really got to fully realize his childhood either