• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
1407278-album_pi.jpg

It's happening!

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
They won't touch the sequels with a 10 ft pole. Not before theyre finished in the unfucking process

This is all about the High Republic baby, that or KOTOR

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
I can still see a scenario where Disney reboots the entire Star Wars saga, especially after George Lucas passes away.

I know people might blanch at this, but weirder shit has happened.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I can still see a scenario where Disney reboots the entire Star Wars saga, especially after George Lucas passes away.

I know people might blanch at this, but weirder shit has happened.
People will lose their minds if/when this happens, but eh. Think of how many Batman origin stories we've seen on film since the original Star Wars was released. I know it's different in that SW originated in cinema whereas a lot of the commonly rebooted franchises were adaptations to begin with, but ultimately, it's not that special.

That being said, I know Disney is aware of the blowback they'd get and will avoid doing that until basically every relevant person from the OT is long gone anyway. And even then, remakes/retellings would probably be an Ultimate-esque separate continuity, they'll never decanonize the original movies.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Knights of the Old Republic trilogy please.

But in reality we're going to get 6 more movies set in the same 50 year period as the existing ones.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
If we get something set in the past of the galaxy, it'll almost certainly be High Republic before it's Old Republic.

Dec 21, 2017
Here's hoping the Rian Johnson trilogy is dead, buried, and replaced with a new trilogy from the writers of Game of Thrones, which is ALSO then dead and buried and hopefully replaced with something more palatable. Let Rian's toxicity never poison Star Wars ever again.

Am I expecting too much if I'm hoping for confirmation on the Spiderman rumors?

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping the Rian Johnson trilogy is dead, buried, and replaced with a new trilogy from the writers of Game of Thrones, which is ALSO then dead and buried and hopefully replaced with something more palatable. Let Rian's toxicity never poison Star Wars ever again.

Is this sarcasm?

Dec 21, 2017
and that man is JJ Abrams?

No, he's produced 2 Star Wars movies VASTLY superior to the Last Jedi, and both were the only passable to good entries of the Sequel Trilogy. He's permanently divided trilogies into two: Trilogies WITH TLJ, and Trilogies WITHOUT, and I have yet to see a single trilogy worse than the ST, mostly because those trilogies lack TLJ.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want my Star Wars movies to be better than the Holiday Special. It's not too much to ask, but one man has absolutely proven that level of quality is demanding too much.
I'm sure Rian Johnson could come up with an amazing trilogy. But I don't know if he's really allowed to do it anymore sadly.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Edit: You know what, the last jedi vs other 2 films has been done to death. Retracting the statement.

I do hope Rian gets to do his trilogy still.

Last edited:

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it's time to reveal Rian's trilogy. Really looking forward to seeing him in charge of an entire trilogy as opposed to just the middle chapter. I'm not a hardcore Johnson or Abrams fan, but I definitely think that the ST ended up disjointed as a result of their different visions for the franchise.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
If I can get either an animated post TROS series following Rey/Finn OR a Live Action Dr. Aphra I'll be happier than a moisture farmer shooting swamp rats under a twin sunset sky.

Oct 29, 2017

Surely you mean the toxicity of the fanbase towards Rian?

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
No, he's produced 2 Star Wars movies VASTLY superior to the Last Jedi, and both were the only passable to good entries of the Sequel Trilogy. He's permanently divided trilogies into two: Trilogies WITH TLJ, and Trilogies WITHOUT, and I have yet to see a single trilogy worse than the ST, mostly because those trilogies lack TLJ.
We're talking about Star Wars here, not high art. If TLJ isn't for you then OK but at the end of the day, they're just movies.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela

Abrams did make the best new Star Wars film. He made the Star Trek reboot. But I don't think the dude gets brownie points for succeeding with a Star Wars style film in a completely different franchise, missing the point of said franchise entirely in the process.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am always impressed with Era's ability to turn a thread into a Last Jedi discussion one.

What time is this going to be happening at today by the way? Any rough ideas?

0h-so-Cold

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
I am always impressed with Era's ability to turn a thread into a Last Jedi discussion one.

What time is this going to be happening at today by the way? Any rough ideas?
430pm est/130pm pst

Disney Investor Day 2020 - The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company webcast its Investor Day 2020 on December 10, 2020. The event focused on the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services. EVENT MATERIALS: Transcript Presentation Slides Forward-Looking …Read More

0h-so-Cold

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
Will us WILLOW fans finally get a name and synopsis of the new show coming too? I want to know everything!!

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I can get either an animated post TROS series following Rey/Finn OR a Live Action Dr. Aphra I'll be happier than a moisture farmer shooting swamp rats under a twin sunset sky.

I think a Dr. Aphra show is inevitable. She'd fit in very well with the post-Imperial era and it'd be the perfect vehicle to give us flashbacks of her and Darth Vader hanging out in some weird Indiana Jones style adventures that may or may not have happened because Aphra herself is presented as an unreliable narrator.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want my Star Wars movies to be better than the Holiday Special. It's not too much to ask, but one man has absolutely proven that level of quality is demanding too much.
This you?
After TLJ, wanting Rian to do more Star Wars is like wanting a second Trump term.

He's had a shot, and that shot was a big NO. Hand it to literaly anyone else so they can do a Better job.
She produced The Last Jedi, and the reason that stunk on ice was because she wanted $$$ and rushed out a massively inferior product. It's the equivalent of a Sous Chef treating you to a "gourmet" undercooked hot pocket. And looking at her work process and results, she is to Star Wars what Donald Trump is to the presidency.
It sounds strange, but hell, i'd watch it.

It sounds better than the cinematic metaphor for the Trump presidency known as The Last Jedi.
"The Last Jedi is to Star Wars what is what most sane people view Donald Trump is to Presidents."
This, so much. It turns out that "subverting expectations" isn't always a good idea to build a movie around, especially when you decide to do so with a similar mentality to Donald Trump and the presidency.
Calling TLJ "excellent" is using it in the same tense as calling Donald Trump an "excellent" president, or saying The Last Airbender was an "excellent" movie. It treated Avatar better than TLJ did Star Wars, at least.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
EXPAND the Star Wars universe, yes please!

If i see one more "Skywalker" i'm gonna scream.

Give us new stories, new characters, new villains. Yes please!

Status
Not open for further replies.