• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
As Disney continues to figure out what to do with what to do with Fox properties they acquired in the merger, one of the biggest IPs, Deadpool, looks to be gaining momentum. Sources tell Deadline that Wendy Molyneux and Lizzie Molyneux-Loeglin to write Deadpool 3 with Reynolds set to reprise his role as wise-cracking superhero.

Writer meetings have been taking place over the past month with Reynolds recently meeting with a handful of writers to hear their pitch for the next installment. In the end, the studio and Reynolds saw the sisters take as the perfect fit for what they wanted. The film is still in early development but the hiring of the Molyneux sisters does mark the first major step in getting the next Deadpool film into production

This marks the first Deadpool film where Marvel studios will work hand and hand with Reynolds and team Deadpool. Fans are sure to be excited at Marvel President Kevin Feige's involvement after seeing how he helped revamp the Spider-Man franchise after coming on to help in the creative effort of that franchise.

Besides Reynolds return, there is so many factors being worked out that include tone seeing that the previous two films were rated R and Disney's Marvel films have been firm that they don't want their films to have an R rating. It is also expected to have a new director David Leitch, who helmed the second pic, has a schedule filled through 2021. Insiders the door is open for Leitch's return as its unknown when this film will go into production but given that he wasn't part of the writer search, seems unlikely for him to come back for part 3.

deadline.com

‘Deadpool 3’: Marvel Studios And Ryan Reynolds Tap The Molyneux Sisters To Pen The Sequel

Wendy Molyneux and Lizzie Molyneux-Loeglin to write Deadpool 3 with Reynolds set to reprise his role as wise-cracking superhero.

Last edited:

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Besides Reynolds return, there is so many factors being worked out that include tone seeing that the previous two films were rated R and Disney's Marvel films have been firm that they don't want their films to have an R rating

lmao

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Deadpool might be the easiest property to integrate into the MCU. You can really get as whacky or nonsensical as you'd like, because it's already supposed to be absurd.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Apparently they're writers on Bob's Burgers, and have written numerous unproduced projects - like a Sims movie and a female-starring 21 Jump Street spinoff.

Curious who they tap to direct, especially if Leitch isn't returning.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't sure who the writers were but seems they've been behind Bob's Burgers for years. Hopefully they aren't the ones to thank for all those horrid Tina serial sexual harasser episodes.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I bet Domino, Colossus, Cable and the others disappear into the ether. All three of them are way too important to have non-canon orphaned versions floating around while future actual MCU X-Men plans form.

Deadpool will make some smarts comment about them being gone or mention it when/if he meets the new version of them. But that's it I'd guess.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
From the rumours this will probably be a 20th Century Studios in association with Marvel Studios. Like how Sony's Spider-Man works.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: Deadpool 3 100% can be successful without an R rating. In fact, the idea is exciting because it will force some more creative jokes and sequences that aren't able to rely on language or excessive violence.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I bet Domino, Colossus, Cable and the others disappear into the ether. All three of them are way too important to have non-canon orphaned versions floating around while future actual MCU X-Men plans form.

I sincerely doubt the MCU will survive long enough to get to something like Cable.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
They have said multiple times that it's going to be rated R. Glad we can have this never-ending reminder on the first page, and I can't wait to see it repeated on each subsequent one.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Fans are sure to be excited at Marvel President Kevin Feige's involvement after seeing how he helped revamp the Spider-Man franchise after coming on to help in the creative effort of that franchise.
N6DPaGK.gif

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Was Pete Molyneux busy with Fable 4?

Besides Reynolds return, there is so many factors being worked out that include tone seeing that the previous two films were rated R and Disney's Marvel films have been firm that they don't want their films to have an R rating
Yeah, they can go ahead and cancel this along with Blade then.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if this will be part of the MCU or will be kept as a standalone project.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to it. I hope it keeps up the absurd stuff. Would love to know for instance where Deadpool was during the snap.

That would be fun to see. Even as a quick side joke.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: Deadpool 3 100% can be successful without an R rating. In fact, the idea is exciting because it will force some more creative jokes and sequences that aren't able to rely on language or excessive violence.

Shouldn't be a hot take when the best Deadpool comics aren't "R rated".

Anyway, Disney said it'd be R already.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I wonder how much creative control Reynolds has - it's interesting that the headline is Marvel and Reynolds tapped the sisters to write. Not Marvel tapped the sisters.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really do enjoy Bob's Burgers so I'm hoping these two knock it out of the park.

Though honestly I'm just glad that we're finally moving forward with Deadpool 3. I had concerns knowing how Disney views it's image.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So will this be under Marvel Studios proper? Or will they keep under 20th Century to maintain the R rating? Can both be possible?

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
They could write an entire Deadpool movie where the whole joke is that it's PG-13. I don't see the ratings affecting it too much, although it still shows how this "Disney owns everything now" situation can really suck.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
So will this be under Marvel Studios proper? Or will they keep under 20th Century to maintain the R rating? Can both be possible?
Marvel Studios is producing it, they could release it under the 20th Century banner if they want, or they could create a Marvel banner for adult properties like Marvel Knights or Marvel MAX.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol part of Deadpool appeal is that R rated stuff. They aren't going to tone get rid of it although I do think a Deadpool movie could be just as good with a pg13 rating

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Creating a new Marvel Knights banner for their more 'mature' heroes could be really cool.

If/when they do the Hard R rating, I feel like that puts the kabosh on any mainstream marvel heroes appearing in Deadpool films though. No one at Marvel would want Spidey hanging out with Deadpool as he curses up a storm and disembowls a ninja.

The other way around could be a lot of fun though.