• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
deadline-com.cdn.ampproject.org

Kevin Hart & HartBeat Productions Make Megabucks Exclusive Netflix Film Deal With Four Star Vehicles

Kevin Hart & His HartBeat Productions Makes Adam Sandler Sized Netflix Film Deal Four Star Vehicles
Deadline learned this morning that Netflix has closed a long-term pact to be the creative home on the film side for Kevin Hart and his HartBeat Productions. The exclusive partnership calls for Hart to be the star of at least four films he'll produce, with a first-look film producing deal also part of the pact. It's a major commitment for the star and the streamer. Last time Netflix made a film commitment this big with a comic star was the one it renewed with Adam Sandler.

Netflix has confirmed the Hart deal to Deadline. It comes fresh from Hart having Netflix's No. 1 comedy special of 2020, and Hart's films have grossed more than a cumulative $4 billion at the global box office.

"Partnering with Netflix is an amazing opportunity for HartBeat and myself," Hart said. "I am excited to act in and produce cutting-edge films with Netflix. I am extremely grateful to Ted Sarandos and Scott Stuber, we share the same creative vision and always put the audience first. This business is about growth and my HartBeat team continues to exceed my expectations with their ability to develop stories and relationships. Our goal is to make the HartBeat name synonymous with first-class entertainment and narratives."
Hart's latest stand-up special Zero F*cks Given was the No. 1 Netflix comedy special of 2020; more than 21 million accounts chose to watch in the first four weeks after it premiered.
I'm curious how much the deal was. Probably north $100 million?

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
I mean, they gave truckloads to Sandler- why not keep the pure mediocrity flowing?

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Oooff, that is, if any reason to cancel my Netflix subscription. I take Adam Sandler over Kevin Hart any day of the week.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Netflix has a crazy data and analytics team. This was vetted by viewing habits.

Dude will never win an Oscar, but his stuff definitely gets views.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Netflix has a crazy data and analytics team. This was vetted by viewing habits.

Dude will never win an Oscar, but his stuff definitely gets views.
You can't argue with the data but if that's all they rely on it will keep them from bankrolling anything that is destined to be a cult classic that may not have the numbers today.

Oct 27, 2017
Was that a Netflix Production?
Did Netflix have a hand in that?

Some sites said it was a co-production between A24 and Netflix and others don't specify beyond just the international distribution rights agreement.

He can act. The Safdie Brothers can direct. But left to his own comedy devices...
I've never been a huge fan and was shocked at how good he was in a serious drama when I originally watched it.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Some sites said it was a co-production between A24 and Netflix and others don't specify beyond just the international distribution rights agreement.

I've never been a huge fan and was shocked at how good he was in a serious drama when I originally watched it.

Check out Punch Drunk Love. Funny People is also good. I've not seen Reign Over Me since the theater but I remember it being a good performance from him.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that Kevin Hart is homophobic and his only apology is that he was taken "out of context".

He went on to rehash his controversial jokes, complaining that his words have been taken out of context. "Here is how it starts off," he said. "'I want to say that I have no problem with gay people. I don't have a homophobic bone in my body. I want you to be happy, be gay, be happy.' And then I say as a heterosexual male, if I can do something to stop my son… that's where the joke starts!"

He added, "The only clip that I have seen all over the media is the one where I go, 'Stop! That's gay.'"

Hart seemingly defended some of his old tweets, saying, "These weren't words that I said to gay individuals. I didn't say these words to people, at the time, this was our dumb asses on Twitter going back and forth with each other. We thought it was okay to talk like that, because that's how we talked to one another. In that, you go, f—! This is wrong now."

www.google.com

Kevin Hart apologizes 'once again' for 'remarks that hurt members of the LGBTQ community'

Kevin Hart is taking another shot at apologizing for his old homophobic and transphobic tweets that resurfaced after he was tapped to host the Oscars.

Bacon

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone watch that recent standup he put on netflix? I don't think I even cracked a smile during it. He used to have some decent standup material but his recent material was just brutal.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhhhh..... considering how much I'm tired of his tired ass act, I'm good off this.

Also, I can't stand a non-apology. So yeah. Good for him, but whatever.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Good move for Kevin to take that money upfront. I dont think his movies gonna make much in the theaters in this pandemic.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017

Well the major reason to cancel my Netflix sub would be the shitty content we have here in Sweden compared to US of course.

Regarding Kevin Hart? His "comedy" by being loud and scream all the time sucks ass(Chris Tucker already did that and better). And getting more content through Kevin Hart movies don't appeal that much to me.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Netflix has just been tossing nothing but garbage when it comes to their specials. The only one I like are Dave Chappelle's. Bill Burr's was okay but subject material was rehashed.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the use of exclusive in this context. Can he not make movies for other studios while locked to this deal? What about Jumanji 3?

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody needs to realise that if Netflix only made good stuff then all these people who only watch trash wouldn't subscribe, and their money spends just as well as people with taste.

AusGeno

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sandlers musical stand up concert thing was WAY better than Harts zero fucks stand up.

Deleted member 82064

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Never got the appeal of Hart, Ferrel, Sandler and all the other comics who just keep churning out mediocre comedy films. Who the hell watches these movies?