• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Mr Blockbuster Jerry Bruckheimer is producing a live-action movie with Paramount based on the popular toy franchise Beyblade.

Neil Widener and Gavin James are scripting the project, whose plot details are being kept under wraps.

The spinning top toys – a competitor of Pokemon – were originally developed by Japanese firm Takara and have been licensed by different toy companies including Hasbro. The battling tops concept inspired manga, anime and comics series, followed by localized international TV versions, all based around a Beyblade fighting tournament.

deadline.com

Jerry Bruckheimer Producing Movie Based On Beyblade Toy Franchise For Paramount

Mr Blockbuster Jerry Bruckheimer is producing a live-action movie with Paramount based on the popular toy franchise Beyblade.

JediMasterMatt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Konami E3 2010 finally vindicated.

Beyblades ARE back and hotter than ever!!

youtu.be

Konami E3 2010 director's cut

An all-time favorite and legendary conference. This is an extended cut version in higher quality including longer highlights and more footage that previous v...

Last edited:

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Beyblade Metal Fusion and Metal Master gotta be some of the most batshit anime to exist. Everyone posts the Moses video but I don't think most people even know the final battle of metal fusion takes place on what's is probably the Tower of Babel.

And that in the lead up to this the main villain is throwing what is basically kamehamehas into crowds of people and killing them. So anyway this movie could be batshit insane cranked to 11

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Better have this scene in it:

Ah yes, I remember this timeline: Anime Jesus from Xenosaga was there too.
latest
latest

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is insanely over the top. Beyblade arenas inside volcanoes and destroying entire city blocks.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im looking forward to Michael Bay's Yu Gi Oh adaptation with Mark Wahlberg as Yugi and Ben Affleck as Yami.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone want to share their blading experiences? Fyi, a lot of older teens and middle aged people played beyblade. I hope the blades are going to be mostly metal and more dangerous than ever.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I hope that guy from the classic GAF thread is genuinely happy at this news.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
People sending spinning tops against each other and summoning beasts out of them can only work in anime form

They should go all the way with the camp in this

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Right put me on the board. If fucking beyblade can get a movie, Medabots will get one within the next 2 years gauranteed.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Did Beyblade popularity ever stabilize? When I used to work at a toy store I remember them being super popular for a year or so, completely disappearing, and then coming back a year or two later with a new subtitle. And the process repeated like three or four times.