• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Set in mythical ancient Greece, the series, which is currently casting, centers on a flawed family of humans, gods and monsters that tries to run one of the world's first cities without killing each other.

"Leave it to Dan Harmon to turn the mythos of early Greek civilization into remarkably sharp commentary on today's politics, celebrity and pop culture," he said. "This project is an incredibly irreverent family comedy as told by one of the town's most inventive storytellers. We are proud to be partnered with Dan on this series, which strengthens our hold on the animation space and, as we continue to build Fox Entertainment, marks an important first step for us with our first fully-owned scripted property."
deadline.com

Fox Greenlights Fully Owned Animated Series From Dan Harmon As Company Forges Path Being Linear & AVOD Player In SVOD-Dominated World

Fox has given a series order to a Dan Harmon animated comedy as it forges a path to being a linear & AVOD player In an SVOD-dominated world.

Should be great

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Premise sounds interesting enough, and I generally like Harmon's stuff. Looking forward to it.

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
Knowing Harmon's track record it'll be fantastic for 2-3 seasons then sharply fall off and never recover

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Knowing Harmon's track record it'll be fantastic for 2-3 seasons then sharply fall off and never recover

Better to have 3 flawless seasons than a few pretty good seasons with 5-6 terrible ones.

I still maintain that those first few seasons of Community are arguably some of the, if not the best television to have ever aired.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I still maintain that those first few seasons of Community are arguably some of the, if not the best television to have ever aired.

Yeah, I think s1-3 are pretty easily in my top 5 TV comedies. I loved the first season of Rick and Morty quite a bit, too, so... I'm obviously in. The premise sounds like it might be a bit too out there for me to get invested, but I'm definitely gonna give it a try.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
Love Dan's work so I'm down.

It's weird to hear about Harmon news from, well, the news. I used to listen to Harmontown religiously.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't kept up with Harmon since the Community days, he seemed like a smart guy with a lot of demons. I remember seeing one of his writers talking about major issues they had.

Has he found any peace in the last couple years? Mended any bridges? Or just receded from the public eye?

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Funny, I was just re-watching Dan Harmon's exponentially belligerent tirade over the Cat In The Hat: The Movie: The Game. It's fucking hilarious.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Love Dan's work so I'm down.

It's weird to hear about Harmon news from, well, the news. I used to listen to Harmontown religiously.
Same here. Oh man, every episode and then re-listens. So good.

Up until his divorce. It started getting super heavy and I couldn't handle the depressing nature of the show at that point in my life. I never really went back after that.

But yeah, Harmontown was a shining beacon of happiness in my life from about 22-24.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds amazing, Community is IMO the best comedy series I've ever seen, and Rick and Morty has some amazingly witty and heartfelt moments too. Dan seems to be one of the best writers and showrunners around.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
Polar Opposites was watchable, even though the subplot storyline was better than the actual show.

Can't wait, I love Harmon's work.