• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
As we saw in the 'Founder's Circle' demand is high

The number of American customers intending to subscribe to Disney+, the streaming service launching November 12, means its rollout will exceed company projections, a new study by UBShas found.
Once they subscribe, 57% of new customers plan to cancel at least one other subscription service, with pay-TV bundles most likely to get cut, the financial institution said.
The UBS "Evidence Lab," which publishes regular research on consumer habits across industry sectors, found that 43% of the 1,000 U.S. consumers surveyed in mid-August said they plan to subscribe to Disney+. That puts it ahead of Disney's internal forecasts, offered last April, of 20 million to 30 million U.S. subscribers by 2024, or 20% to 30% of all U.S. broadband households.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Going with a cheaper price point so that it's positioned as a "supplement" to people's Netflix and/or Hulu accounts was the right move. It's easier to justify subscribing to it when you already have another streaming service subscription.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
They also offer 4K streaming without additional fees (of course, we'll see how long this lasts once it has been out for a year or more - all companies change course once they have subscribers/money locked in).

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Netlix right now:

giphy.gif

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
The pricing being so aggresive is a masterstroke. I pay for cable and I'm still snagging that Hulu + Disney + NatGeo combo.

Which is sad considering how the onslaught of d23 shows and annoucements just kind of depressed me. There's so just much stuff coming all at once, it's hard to get excited about She Hulk when its just thrown in there next to eight million other new shows.

Still, the archive is impossible for me to stay away from at that price point. It's the same reason I stay subscribed to the WWE Network, even though I have major issues with the company and their current product.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
I am really surprised that Warner Bros have not gotten their shit in order and merged DC Online with everything Harry Potter , Hanna Barbera, Adult Swim, their New Line stuff including Lord of the Rings, animated stuff like Animaniacs , Tiny Toons, Freekazoid and the whole cartoon catalog and gone all in on a service. They also have alot of horror.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am in there for The Simpsons and for Disney shorts/animated TV series. And the Mandalorian. Cannot wait.

May 10, 2018
The $7 price point will have that effect. I know Disney+ will have a price increase in the future but I do hope in the short term it makes Netflix restructure their pricing.

$16 for 4K/UHD is trash.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Eventually (in like 3 years) Disney + will be mandatory and part of everything.

When they get back all the rights to the shows and movies held by other platform it's over.

And at this point they probably will be able to make deals with stuff they don't own too.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. I think it's supplemental to Netflix like someone above mentioned. I actually like the original output from Netflix.

This bullshit where every studio/company has their own streaming service can't last forever. People are gonna start cutting services and keeping only what they actually watch. Disney has pretty much the children/nostalgic adults market on lockdown.

darkazcura

Oct 25, 2017
I am really surprised that Warner Bros have not gotten their shit in order and merged DC Online with everything Harry Potter , Hanna Barbera, Adult Swim, their New Line stuff including Lord of the Rings, animated stuff like Animaniacs , Tiny Toons, Freekazoid and the whole cartoon catalog and gone all in on a service. They also have alot of horror.

HBO Max is coming which is Warner. I'm sure it will include a lot of this stuff, at least potentially.

NBC is the one really lagging behind with a 2021 date. Pretty far out.

Last edited:

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They were smart to invest two years into developing the service.

Not just because it gave them a ton of time to hype it all up, but it decreases the likelihood that the initial wave of users don't totally destroy the servers.

Granted, I expect that there might still be some early issues because the response is even greater than they expected, but if it's just a relatively gentle speedbump, or none at all, it's gonna be a smashing success.

Bluebot

Oct 25, 2017
Japan

I think that's a great lineup but still inferior for most people compared to Disney plus. All of adult swim would be amazing for me though.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why not? I guess they think it would be too good of a value

Because they still have deals with other streaming services, Netflix mainly. The Spider-Man movies are also owned by Sony.

Actually, the streaming rights for Harry Potter are with NBCUniversal until 2025.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
This bullshit where every studio/company has their own streaming service can't last forever. People are gonna start cutting services and keeping only what they actually watch. Disney has pretty much the children/nostalgic adults market on lockdown.
I totally agree with this. I love WARNER and FOX and PARAMOUNT catalogue of movies, but I just can't see buying more sub services to see library films. People don't realize what a beast of a library APPLE has for purchasing things that you can't find streaming anywhere else. I'm at the point where i'm going to keep Disney+Netflix and kill the rest. If i want to see something old bad enough, I'll just grab it from iTunes. They've got a rental/purchase library that's insane.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'd imagine they could get away with like 10-15 bucks.. and this thing is only $7? Marvel and SW is enough to sell it alone IMO and they've also got all the other Disney movies. Crazy steal

That being said, do they have other, non fantasy content, like original dramas/other genres? I'd imagine if they really wanna start dipping into Netflix sales, they'd have to directly compete on other fronts.

DJMicLuv

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone who heard about it said the same thing - "It's going to be huge!" - so it's surprising that they themselves didn't see it coming.

Oct 25, 2017
So do we expect the first few days/weeks it's gonna crash and hang and run awful as 90 zillion people start using it at once?