• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

EXCLUSIVE: As he's preparing to bid farewell to Sam Winchester, Supernatural star Jared Padalecki is gearing up for another run on the CW in a new character. The network has landed for development Walker, a reimagining of CBS' 1990s action/crime series Walker, Texas Ranger, with Padalecki set to star and executive producing.

Your Complete Guide to Pilots and Straight-to-Series orders

Walker extends Padalecki's stay at the CW and predecessor the WB, which he had called home for the past two decades with roles on Gilmore Girls and Supernatural.

As we reported last month, the CW emerged early on as the leading contender for the new show, written/executive produced by Anna Fricke (Valor) and executive produced by Dan Lin (Lethal Weapon).

Like the original series, created by Albert S. Ruddy & Leslie Greif, the reboot, in which Walker is getting a female partner, will explore morality, family, and rediscovering our lost common ground. It centers on Cordell Walker (Padalecki), a widower and father of two with his own moral code, who returns home to Austin after being undercover for two years, only to discover there's harder work to be done at home. He'll attempt to reconnect with his children, navigate clashes with his conservative family, and find unexpected common ground with his new partner (one of the first women in Texas Rangers' history), while growing increasingly suspicious about the circumstances surrounding his wife's death.

Can Jared Padalecki do a roundhouse kick tho?

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Hey, it's set in Austin!

Wonder if the city will heavily influence the rest of the characteristics of the series.

OP
OP
jack_package_200
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the fuck out of the original show over a summer when I was 13 after we moved and I didn't know anyone yet.

There better be roundhouse kicks

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like Walker will be liberal and his family conservative. And a female partner in the Rangers. Guessing Chuck's not going to be thrilled with some of that.

Good.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Going to be a major shift from being a jobber on Supernatural to kicking ass every episode on Walker.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the description in that article make me wonder about a focus on civility politics or whatever, but maybe I'm just a pessimist.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Waiting to here Jensen Ackles will play the sidekick & CW quietly just ported Supernatural to a new location.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Read the title quickly and thought it was Jensen Ackles, which would mean I'd check it out but, Padalecki? Meh.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Huge fan of Supernatural but I'm not sure I care at all about a Walker Texas Ranger reboot. Especially on the CW. Guess I'll wait and see how it looks before passing judgement though.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Walker was all about his native american heritage, then suddenly not.

That is when he became a born again christan and no more native americans for reasons

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Will the bad guys oddly continue to drop their weapons so that they can then lose to Walker in hand to hand combat?