• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Allegedly not, no. Unless they have just hid his casting very well for a cameo or something. His character died in Matrix Online, which was said to be canon when it was running, so if that's true he wouldn't be. But whether they keep that true for the new film(s) remains to be seen.
Trinity died in the third film and yet she's in this.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Friend saw early screening and thought it was weird and meta and not necessarily in a good way.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Thought they'd have enough sense to separate themselves from Reloaded and Revolutions as much as possible.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I'm really hyped for this. I'm hoping there's some action set piece that can finally dethrone Reloaded's highway scene.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds kind of like a TFA-type sequel/reboot with how self-referential the trailer descriptions make the movie appear to be. I hope those expectations are shattered. Although more than anything, I just hope for a great movie.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really hyped for this. I'm hoping there's some action set piece that can finally dethrone Reloaded's highway scene.

Yessss, I know the sequels were so bad overall no one seems to discuss their good parts but god damn that highway scene is absolutely incredible, I watched it for the first time in a while a few months ago and it still holds up great, just a monumental film making achievement

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I've come around to the sequels tbh. If the movie is better than or at least as good as them and maintains consistent theming it's already good enough for me.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
i have no faith in this being even remotely good, but i hope they at least go batshit with the visuals

Jun 24, 2021
Hollywood should be banned from using the words Resurrection, Returns and Origins as subtitles just to force them to be more creative.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've come around to the sequels tbh. If the movie is better than or at least as good as them and maintains consistent theming it's already good enough for me.
Watched the sequels back to back some time ago, they're honestly reasonably entertaining, certainly not as bad the interweb memes it up. Curiously they both however suffer from poor pacing in their first halves before they go balls out in their respective second halves. And the prerequisite philosophical mumbo jumbo is presented in a much more cumbersome, straightforward and boring way than in the first Matrix movie (which goes about in a really clever way to get its ideas across), which is really what hurts them the most. But the set pieces in both movies are undeniably fantastic.