• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
I love Dead Space but the original is a HD game that still holds up incredibly well both in the visuals and gameplay department so this feels unnecessary. But hey, it's good to have the franchise back and if this leads to a new original game influenced by the first two then I'm all for it.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This absolutely needs ray tracing. Low light RT GI would look amazing. Fuck it, throw in RT audio as well

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I love Dead Space but the original is a HD game that still holds up incredibly well both in the visuals and gameplay department so this feels unnecessary. But hey, it's good to have the franchise back and if this leads to a new original game influenced by the first two then I'm all for it.
^^^

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
I am thoroughly unimpressed. Like... it looks good, but I dunno. I love Dead Space, but all we get is a super short teaser that doesn't actually show anything new. I know they said there will be changes, but we literally got a necromorph in shadows and the most famous piece of set dressing in the first game.

I dunno, I was hoping for more, anything else. Showing off something that justifies the game (just being Dead Space but prettier doesn't do that, IMO).

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Can't stop thinking of this tweet whenever I hear about this project:

It makes me deeply cynical to think that EA killed off the studio that made this series and then does an unimaginative remake of the first one. How awfully corporate can you get?

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Developers. "It's like a one-cut movie" doesn't fucking work in games. It's a cute marketing bullet point but unless you expect people to power through your 20-hour game in one sitting there are GOING to be cuts and interruptions to the experience.

Stop it.
God of War had a one cut seamless camera throughout the whole game. It was excellent. I took multiple breaks throughout my play through.

It worked fine.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

Especially if you're able to play on PC with 4K resolution and mods that elevate the graphics even further.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the remake is faithful, just that game with all the modern tricks like DualSense rumble is going to be scary.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017

It makes me deeply cynical to think that EA killed off the studio that made this series and then does an unimaginative remake of the first one. How awfully corporate can you get?

Hell, remaking Dead Space is basically like the monsters in the game. They wrestled it from people who made it possible, killed them off and took over the host for their own bidding.

To be honest, I don't really have any hope for this game.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
What the fuck, I didn't know you could shoot out windows in Dead Space 2 to suck enemies out into space and could seal the windows.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands

Jezus, you know I didn't really think about this but this tweet is the fucking truth...

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
We don't need a Dead Space remake and EA doesn't deserve your money for one after they maliciously killed the franchise and the studio behind it.

EA wants to dig up their own victim and sell you the corpse.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Same. It's like ten years too early.

100% agreed with all this.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm not a corporate apologist, but this a pretty reductive view. Visceral ostensibly got closed because their big Star Wars project wasn't coming along, not because of the Dead Space series failing to meet expectations sales-wise (It is true that the games didn't sell to EA's expectations; it wasn't the reason for the studio closure though).

We know EA Motive had a new IP in development for many years that didn't get greenlit (or got cancelled). If new IP development didn't go their way it makes sense to stick them on an existing IP and perhaps there was excitement about working on Dead Space at the studio. Whether it was Motive's decision to work on Dead Space or it was a directive from EA corporate, it's certainly preferable to a layoff at Motive.

Also worth noting that there was a time gap of years between Visceral closing and this remake beginning development. Leadership at EA might have changed, corporate strategy might have changed. The 2 things can feel connected, but they really aren't in any way.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021
Cool, I've recently dabbled in the first one and played like 45 mins but now I'll wait for this instead. Loved the atmosphere from what little I've played

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Yeh this is really cool, i can't wait to play. I cannot imagine what the necromorphs in frostbite gonna like like and the atmosphere ohh boy

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Ooh smoke, dust particles and better floor grating!

Dammit for some reason I'm now pining for a metal gear solid remake.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, as true as that might be, it's nothing particularly recent and there was rather the question if we are going to get any more Dead Space at all, knowing perfectly well that Visceral no longer exists.

EA sucks, how they handled Visceral and Dead Space does suck very much as well. But afterward, that Dead Space is getting this sort of remake isn't the problem.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA

Eh, the graphics have aged a bit. Character models and faces could be better. Controller and mouse support isn't all that great either. Maybe it didn't need a full remake, but it could definitely use a new coat of paint.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I hope this is both a remake and reboot that leads into original sequels that don't follow the old games. Otherwise it's pretty boring.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
I'm not a corporate apologist, but this a pretty reductive view. Visceral ostensibly got closed because their big Star Wars project wasn't coming along. We know EA Motive had a new IP in development for many years that didn't get greenlit (or got cancelled). If new IP development didn't go their way it makes sense to stick them on an existing IP and perhaps there was excitement about working on Dead Space at the studio. Whether it was Motive's decision to work on Dead Space or it was a directive from EA corporate, it's certainly preferable to a layoff at Motive.

Also worth noting that there was a time-gap of years between Visceral closing and this remake beginning development. Leadership at EA might have changed, corporate strategy might have changed. The 2 things can feel connected, but they really aren't in any way.

its not really about what else they did but it's how they were treated after dead space 1 and the whole dead space franchise being forced to put micro transactions and co op into the 3rd game and dropping the 4th game when sales were low because people don't want that shit in there dead space game

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Such an unnecessary remake.. I love Dead Space and would rather they just remaster it and work on a new game in the series. Dead Space 1 still holds up pretty well, it's not THAT old.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
If this is substantially different from the original (in the way RE2 Remake is different from OG RE2), then I'm on board.

The hurdle they are going to have is that, unlike RE2, they don't get to have a completely different camera setup (ie- going from static to fully 3D). The combat model will likely remain very similar.

So.

For me to be really interested, it's going to need new level layouts, new enemy types/behaviour, new/changed story beats, etc.

Otherwise...it's just prettier graphics on a game that still holds up.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this game is late 2022 at the earliest. Its still impossible to find next gen systems.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Ow damn! My fave horror franchise is back. Legit hope they go all out after this remake.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
As a massive fan of DS, I find this trailer underwhelming, as is the plan to remake a game that still holds up today, from its graphics to its UI to its gameplay. This is such a huge waste of time and resources.

And if they botch the remake, giving us an inferior messy buggy piece of crap that doesn't meet their lofty financial expectations, we can all kiss Dead Space goodbye for real.

Z7HeRxU.png

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
There has only been two parts in videogames that have made be destroy my controller.

1, the spinning death wheel in the first God of War.

2. The dead Space shooting sequence..FUCK...THAT SO MUCH.

qQajTJc.jpeg

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Honestly I still wish they'd just remaster the originals. What will this mean for og dead space 2 of they make a sequel to the remake, will it be a remake of two or a new thing? 2 is just as good as 1 and I don't want it to be forgotten.

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
Make us whole in ray traced 4K. I don't have a 2020 console yet but I'm ready for the gameplay trailers anyway!

Still wishing for a quick port/remaster of the trilogy.

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019

And don't forget: People regularly ragged on EA for Dead Space 3, and closing down Visceral. And now, this is being cheered on.

lnclhnztetc71.png