• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 29, 2022
Dead Space remake will launch on January 27, 2023

Motive invites you to an early look at the current stages of development on the Dead Space™ remake. Creative Director Roman Campos-Oriola and Senior Producer Philippe Ducharme are joined by Art Director Mike Yazijian and special guest Blayne Smith to discuss how the team is rebuilding the game's art, character models, lighting, and visual effects for today's generation of platforms and the new Frostbite™ engine – while staying true to three key art pillars throughout the design process: "Horror," "Immersion" and "A Lived in World".

FSkcvI-WYAIYdmp

Concept Art

lvKLOOS.jpg
8b8QvUT.jpg

oZjTllI.jpg
qMPlNg1.jpg

rPRAzHh.jpg
I26d8yu.jpg

nUPzlp7.jpg
lSkdIji.jpg

HIByh8Y.jpg
hBgYGot.jpg

B0OKNki.jpg

bOHbNrt.jpg

Game Update Information

Last edited:

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Wonder how many times they'll have to say "not polished work in progress" for it to really punch through to the brains of the people watching

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Wonder how many times they'll have to say "not polished work in progress" for it to really punch through to the brains of the people watching
They can literally have the entire stream where "Work in progress, not final release" is being spoken on repeat, with every UI element having a "Work in progress, not final release" text hovering above, and every single time an effect is triggered the stream would pause for the developer to explain that this particular effect is a work in progress and still not finished, and none of that would be enough.

I'm genuinely shocked that they've decided to do another stream after the reactions they got last time.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the heads-up!

Literally the first EA game I'm looking forward to since Fallen Order.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It's still pre-alpha, but they're at a point now where they can play the game from start to finish. Next week they'll let the panel of community members they've selected see the full playthrough of it.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They can literally have the entire stream where "Work in progress, not final release" is being spoken on repeat, with every UI element having a "Work in progress, not final release" text hovering above, and every single time an effect is triggered the stream would pause for the developer to explain that this particular effect is a work in progress and still not finished, and none of that would be enough.

I'm genuinely shocked that they've decided to do another stream after the reactions they got last time.
What were the reactions? This continues do look like a passion project done right no?

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017

No lies. Happy they're doing it still.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
LMAO I hope that the intern that is in charge of their sound sources will be alright after this.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Good looking new assets. I feel like this is the most indepth look into Frostbite ever shown lol

The trim texture system seems really smart. Pipeline workflow is impressive

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'm running about 10 minutes behind but everything is looking great so far. I'm very impressed with the texture details.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Fog collision looks a bit unrefined (I know it's a WIP), but very promising.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
This looks identical to what my mind's eye remembers Dead Space looking and feeling like in 2008. Pretty much exactly what I'd want from a remake. Can't wait for this.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
What were the reactions? This continues do look like a passion project done right no?
People were picking apart every texture, decal, sound effect and environment interaction from presentation and complaining about how the original was much better and how this is just an unneeded cash-grab remake.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017
US
Actually makes the game that much more tense and a little more difficult. If you do not hit the joints accurately, they will still have use of that limb for the most part.

I'm really sold on that aspect. I think combat is really going to benefit from that added tactical layer. Also love the idea of them saying if you shoot a necromorph in the face for example, it exposes the skull etc.

They even modeled the organs separately for detailed dismemberment.

yes-evil.gif

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Necromorph looks appropriately nasty. So many tiny gory details you just didn't have the graphics power to show before

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Game looks fantastic, could've done without the community guy for the PR part. I will never understand the obsession with "influencers".

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Seeing the force gun blast all the skin and musculature off of the front of a necromorph seems like it'll be a sight to behold lol

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
I think the community guy did a decent job. I like that he, and the people from the previous streams, stayed relatively relaxed and natural. No fake, over-excited acting.

Edir: Also, was that just a release date announcement?? I knew it was early next year, but January 27th is new, right?