• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
None of the Pro modes are 4K. They are both 1080p:

Performance mode:
32300952187_b0fce31a29_o.png

Graphics mode:
33367333978_e1917c8a10_o.png
Either my eyes are busted, or I don't see a difference.

JaxJag

Oct 28, 2017
I purchased it on XB1X, I might get it on the PS4 pro as well.

But my XBL Gamertag is Jag

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
None of the Pro modes are 4K. They are both 1080p:

Performance mode:
32300952187_b0fce31a29_o.png

Graphics mode:
33367333978_e1917c8a10_o.png

So what are we exactly looking at? Not the pictures, but the difference in the modes. Are we to believe that action is supposed to be a consistent 1080p 60fps, where graphics mode is 1080p with some enhancements? Perhaps better IQ and AA? Cause frankly I'm confused. I've asked for confirmation and haven't received it. Though there the report a while ago that the pro might not get the 4K and if that's the case, that's a bit disappointing.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Either my eyes are busted, or I don't see a difference.

Exactly, both modes are identical. If this is right like this, I don't know. I hope it is a mistake they will fix, because on all other consoles there is a clear difference between performance and graphics mode, in resolution and framerate.

So what are we exactly looking at? Not the pictures, but the difference in the modes. Are we to believe that action is supposed to be a consistent 1080p 60fps, where graphics mode is 1080p with some enhancements? Perhaps better IQ and AA? Cause frankly I'm confused. I've asked for confirmation and haven't received it. Though there the report a while ago that the pro might not get the 4K and if that's the case, that's a bit disappointing.

You are looking at two images with identical resolution and identical visuals. There doesn't seem to be any improvement of one over the other. At least to the naked eye.
In the demo thread other members already compared the demo on Pro and they came to the exact same results. The modes are identical in resolution and framerate. A video was posted there that showed even graphics mode runs at locked 60fps.

I hope Digital Foundry or NXGamer will take a more in-depth look at DOA6, so that we know for sure what is going on on each console.

Last edited:

JaxJag

Oct 28, 2017
When I try to play online there's only 4 selectable characters?

I'm on the Xbox version... everyone is grayed out except 4 characters.

Oct 31, 2017
Gonna get this tomorrow on Steam and get the PS4 Pro version a little later. Hopefully by then they will boost the Pro's resolution . I noticed I couldn't tell the difference between Graphics and Performance mode during the Demo and it seems that issue hasn't been resolved yet in the full game. No reason why they shouldn't be able to get a bit higher than 1080p on the Pro in Graphics mode.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
When I try to play online there's only 4 selectable characters?

I'm on the Xbox version... everyone is grayed out except 4 characters.
What are the 4 characters, for the record? They might have basically made the full game be Core Fighters + characters as DLC, since we know that's coming, it'd make sense if they're building around that this time and these 4 characters will be the one in Core Fighters

JaxJag

Oct 28, 2017
I gotta be honest. There be no lobbies is a huge disappointment. In fact, I might not of bought DOA6 if I'd known.

The great DOA lobbies are one of the reasons I've enjoyed DOA online moreso than other fighters since the OG Xbox.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
LOL... ok... I found the "DOA6 Full Game Unlock Key" on the marketplace. I'm assuming this will unlock everything. But why would this be a separate listing from the actual game for 59.99?

:Edit: Here's a direct link. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/d...-key/bpbsms5ph889?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

2nd edit: Downloading that key fixed the problem.

Wow. I had the same thing happen to me on XB1. I thought there was a legit unlock system in this game beforehand. Thanks a bunch.

Nuri

Jan 4, 2018
On Xbox its up but you have to go to manage game and all the characters/DLC is there. Hit install and they will be added. Only a few mb's then you have all content.

Kuksune

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Sweden
I got up at 4am to play a little before work . Did some combo challenges and the 3 first missions in doa quest. I am so eager to play more when i get home!

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I've still got hours before the unlock, but I'm looking forward to diving in. Time to polish up my Kokoro play.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Got DOA4 hooked up with an old Hori stick while waiting to be able to buy it on Steam. Super hyped!

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Man, downloading every character and special costume separatly will be a pain in the long run... Had to download over 50 dlc this morning...

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
$92.99 for the first Season Pass - so we should expect at least seven seasons baha. I wish they'd put all the LR DLC on sale.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I gotta be honest. There be no lobbies is a huge disappointment. In fact, I might not of bought DOA6 if I'd known.

The great DOA lobbies are one of the reasons I've enjoyed DOA online moreso than other fighters since the OG Xbox.

Should be in a update next month iirc

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
As much as I love the game I'm torn. I really enjoy it immensely, but on the other hand launching without any way to play with your friends or in a lobby is absolutely inexcusable in 2019.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Lobbies will be in an update this March yeah. You can see in the the OP screenshots of how it will look, more features than in 5.

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
Were there no review copies sent out of this or something? Weird lack of press or marketing in general except I guess TN making asses of themselves on the EVO stream if that counts.

Edit: Nvm, seems I just missed the weirdly late embargo by 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Blu

Oct 25, 2017
GMG already has the game 28% off if you log in with the VIP price.

26% for regular people.

Warning though, it seems like those keys don't come with the bonuses that come through steam.

Psykotik

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brunei
so, on the asian PSN store, there's two versions of the game.

the US version

DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Digital Deluxe Edition US version (English Ver.)

and the asian version

DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Digital Deluxe Edition (English/Chinese/Korean/Japanese Ver.)

the asian version has this warning:

WARNING: THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS MATERIAL WHICH MAY OFFEND AND MAY NOT BE DISTRIBUTED, CIRCULATED, SOLD, HIRED, GIVEN, LENT, SHOWN, PLAYED OR PROJECTED TO A PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS

asian version link: https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/JP0106-CUSA11472_00-ASIADX0000000000

the US version does not have this warning.

US version link: https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/UP4108-CUSA12153_00-ASIADOA6GAME0001

anybody know if the US version is censored in some way?

Oct 25, 2017
The regional price of the game on Steam is insane.
Even with a launch discount, it's still more expensive than SoulCalibur VI at full price. (SGD$76.59 vs $64.90)

Never change KoeiTecmo, never change.

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
GMG already has the game 28% off if you log in with the VIP price.

26% for regular people.

Warning though, it seems like those keys don't come with the bonuses that come through steam.

GMG can go to hell, I'm not going to pre-order from them again; I knew I should have waited on buying this. Not only does their pre-order apparently not include the early purchase bonuses, but they've reduced the price below what they were selling the pre-orders for.

Oh, hang on, they might be reacting to the blowback now: they've shoved the price back up again. SMH.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Oh god damnit, the way things are going I thought the deluxe edition stuff would be a DLC pack on Steam. Does anyone know if I use my GMG key for the regular version if it'll let me buy the deluxe edition through Steam at a reduced price?