• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I took these photos in photo mode on PS4 Pro in graphics mode (which is identical to performance mode):

47190210472_61b2c547b0_o.png

46327760865_2acd326fdc_o.png

47242368171_217cde5242_o.png

46327761135_a9d0d46f51_o.png

47242369241_30fd2ce08b_o.png

46327760525_5bcf6bc0fc_o.png

raidergale

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I got the game earlier today, I've been playing for a while. Nyotengu really should've been included in the base roster since
she's actually playable in both story mode and quest mode.
Unfortunately since I got the game from a small mom and pop store I couldn't get the preorder code :(

I've also been unlocking costume patterns for her outfits even though I don't have her so... thanks, I guess?

Aug 26, 2018
日本
Does Boost mode even apply to games that have PS4 Pro support enabled? I thought it only applied to older games that were never patched to include that.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Man... Imma give it the ol' college try but Leifang feels off to me. She prbly had too many tools in 5...but I miss 'em lol. Had fun whooping ass and getting my ass whooped w/ her in the demo tho. Pace feels weird to me still but can't wait to play after work tmrw. If anyone's down to run some add me!

Steam/PSN: ClutchAnderson

Last edited:

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
I took these photos in photo mode on PS4 Pro in graphics mode (which is identical to performance mode):
Does your PS4 Pro get really noisy during certain games and, if so, is it loud in DOA6? That's always my first worry when I buy something on PS4 and I preordered it there for the larger community.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Hmmm... should I buy this now? I've never bought DOA on PC before. I'm guessing there is a mod community? I need to see some 4k/60 vids before i take the plunge but I think I'll be getting this soon. Is there an online community for PC?

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... should I buy this now? I've never bought DOA on PC before. I'm guessing there is a mod community? I need to see some 4k/60 vids before i take the plunge but I think I'll be getting this soon. Is there an online community for PC?
#5,301

There are quite a few in this other thread. Looks really clean.

Carcosan Stag

Oct 25, 2017
R'lyeh
Does anyone know when the Deluxe edition is coming to Steam? Was wanting to pick this up for PC but kinda wary of buying the base version if I'm gonna miss out on all the extra Deluxe content :/

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Was it confirmed that this game has a pro patch/support? I missed it.

Yes, it was confirmed, and it obviously is already patched, because it runs in 1080p in performance mode, while on base PS4 it runs clearly in a lower resolution in that mode to stick to locked 60fps.

Does your PS4 Pro get really noisy during certain games and, if so, is it loud in DOA6? That's always my first worry when I buy something on PS4 and I preordered it there for the larger community.

My PS4 Pro is an anomaly really, lol. It's a launch console and it is actually generally very quiet, the quietest console I ever owned. I heard from many others that their Pros are as loud as fighter jets.

Last edited:

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
My PS4 Pro is an anomaly really, lol. It's a launch console and it is actually generally very quiet, the quietest console I ever owned. I heard from many others that their Pros are as loud as figher jets.
Ah ok. Yep unfortunately I have a fighter jet PS4 lol. Some games are so bad that I have to wear headphones to block out some of the fan noise. It seems okay in Soulcalibur 6 so I'm hopeful for DOA. It was really immersive in Ace Combat 7 though!

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok. Yep unfortunately I have a fighter jet PS4 lol. Some games are so bad that I have to wear headphones to block out some of the fan noise. It seems okay in Soulcalibur 6 so I'm hopeful for DOA. It was really immersive in Ace Combat 7 though!

That sucks to hear.
It seems I really had luck...for once. ;)

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
My copy should be here tomorrow. It's been so many years since I last played a DOA game, but that closed beta was fun as hell.

B1ggRandall

Oct 27, 2017
Still irked that It unlocks at 3am for NA PSN. Could have got a few fights in before bed but guess I'll just have to wait until like 4pm after work.
Dude are we on the same work schedule lol! I usually go to sleep around 3am because I work at 11.This definitely sucks that this unlocks at 3 am.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Steam the only place to play this at 60fps?
60FPS on all consoles, enhanced and base, if played in performance mode. The difference between versions is resolution.

Great!

What's the consensus on Pro vs XB1?
The graphics mode is a higher resolution on X, but it's a mess performance wise with an extremely variable frame rate from 20-60FPS. The Pro performance mode is supposedly similar. I think it's safe to assume these modes are really for next gen backwards compatibility.

They're both 1080p 60 FPS in performance mode from what I've read. So, pick your poison.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Is this only quality mode that it doesn't manage 60fps or performance mode also?
The graphics mode has more drops compared to action mode. There are some moments where I noticed some drops in the action mode, but mainly because I was looking for them. Hardly noticeable.

Wait, Tyaren i thought was showing no difference between resolution and performance mode. What is happening here, lol.

You definitely can see some drops in the footage here and a few of my other 4K footage. All of which was captured via a 4K capture card, straight to the PC. I thought it could be my setup, so I tweaked it and recorded more footage and I still saw the drops.

Mind you, I was watching for the drops, and it's going to be different than someone else just playing. They're not super apparent, again unless you're looking for it.

For comparison, this is the PS4 Pro on action mode.

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Any xbox gamers in here? I imagine I'll be lonely lol.
Most likely. We played on PS4 when running lobbies back in 5:LR, same will extend to this once lobbies are patched in later.

In general, every multiplatform fighter with PS4 as an option always ends up with the largest number of users, the fanbase for DoA having jumped ship from Xbox to PlayStation since it stopped being exclusive.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
The graphics mode has more drops compared to action mode. There are some moments where I noticed some drops in the action mode, but mainly because I was looking for them. Hardly noticeable.

You definitely can see some drops in the footage here and a few of my other 4K footage. All of which was captured via a 4K capture card, straight to the PC. I thought it could be my setup, so I tweaked it and recorded more footage and I still saw the drops.

Mind you, I was watching for the drops, and it's going to be different than someone else just playing. They're not super apparent, again unless you're looking for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRhQ-R576H4
Thanks!

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

Are you running from an SSD? Loading looked a bit faster than what I recall in the demo.

Also; long hair Christie

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Most likely. We played on PS4 when running lobbies back in 5:LR, same will extend to this once lobbies are patched in later.

In general, every multiplatform fighter with PS4 as an option always ends up with the largest number of users, the fanbase for DoA having jumped ship from Xbox to PlayStation since it stopped being exclusive.
Just another reason why cross-play is necessary at this point.

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
Glad to see a handful of xbox players.

Shinamano is my tag...generally on around 8 to 9pm est...tomorrow probably a bit more ha

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT, Eolz! Looking forward to the game. I'm one of those fighting game players who always liked DOA but never dived too deep into it playing at least all the mainline entries. I actually wanted to wait before grabbing 5, but then I finally tried out the deluxe demo. Had some fun in training mode with Ayane and Mila, but something in my head made "click" the second I tried out NiCO. I really dig her playstyle, took her online and had a lot of fun there. I immediately went from "will buy later for some offline fun" to "will buy day 1 and play as much online as possible". Outside of a few laggy matches (most of the time the wi-fi ones, didn't realize at first that the game actually shows if your opponent is using a wired connection or not) it ran pretty good for me. Looking forward spending some time with the game this weekend.