• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
If I can get the regular preorder for like $20 cheaper is it worth skipping the digital deluxe? I really want those wrestling costumes.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Preload just started. It's 28gb and for the preorder and deluxe bonus stuff additional 5gb.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Team Ninja got it backwards when we asked for the PC port to be like the console versions.
LOL
Wait, those are actual dev gamertags? I'm pretty sure I played against Hayashi in the beta but I assumed it was some random dude. Anyone else end up playing any of the devs?
If it had TN in the name and looked like this, it's likely it was a dev.
If I can get the regular preorder for like $20 cheaper is it worth skipping the digital deluxe? I really want those wrestling costumes.
As long as you don't mind waiting several months, sure. They're just timed exclusive.

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
The demo helped me decide that I will pre-order this game, which is rare for me. I'm probably going to go for the digital standard edition since I'm not really in love with most of the costumes. Bass looks like Jack Swagger for chrissakes. Also, I know I will be buying season pass 1 and I like the contents of it far better.

Newegg appears to have a deal on Xbox $100 gift code where you only have to spend $88. Think I'll go ahead and order it.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I think it'll get leaked in a few hours here (some shops in close countries already broke street date) I want to get it but then remembered that I'll lose 2 characters, 25 or actually 27 costumes (2 for Kasumi) and 3 soundtracks.. I guess I'll wait, just 2 more days, I still have to finish KH3.

If there was no deluxe demo then I would've probably gotten it. x.x

Last edited:

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder who the second KoF character will be...and why they are keeping it a surprise. I'm hoping for a cool, male character, like Kyo or Terry...but who are we kidding? It will very likely be yet another cute waifu or loli.

People are guessing it's Kula. There's some older DOAxKOF wallpapers that had Mailed on one and Kula on the other

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Local store got it in last night. Too bad I'm not that interested in the DoA series or else I'd be posting to help you guys out.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
some info from famitsu this week
-sexiness is irreplaceable element of DOA. The team has been working hard to make it look "softer" until the end but they are not totally satisfied.
-they want to improve the breast physics post release
-they never said they will remove breast physics in DOA6. But it seems like people misunderstood it because they said they wanted to focus on e-sports, and the early demo didn't have breast physics because it was still early in development.
-Diego is very popular in North America
-They could add Genfu post-release
-The reason Momiji and Rachel is not in the game is because they are Ninja Gaiden characters
-There are some story and voices they had to cut during development. There are about 30 story scenes that were cut.
-Because they have to work on new characters and story with those characters, they cannot promise to add these cut story but hopefully someday they could if the game is successful.
-Nyotengu will have story

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/18062

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, normally I would be just a bit smug right now, telling ya'll:
"Told ya so, Momiji and Rachel are Ninja Gaiden characters, and considered guest characters to DOA!"
giphy.gif

But I am not going to that, because TN doesn't make sense and their answers change like the weather every day, lol.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
-The reason Momiji and Rachel is not in the game is because they are Ninja Gaiden characters

Yeah why would NG characters show up in DoA not like they are in the same universe or that the main character of NG is a mainstay in DoA or the fact that DoA characters showed up in NG... or you know how they specifically said no guests in X3 and Momiji and Rachel were possible characters for X3

Good to hear that they want a softer look so hopefully they will improve things in patches

Last edited:

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Good to hear that they want a softer look so hopefully they will improve things in patches

I am sorry maybe I wasn't clear on the translation. What they mean by softer is softer breast jiggle, not the game's visual in general. What they mean by softer jiggle is not less jiggle by the way. Just "better" jiggle.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I am sorry maybe I wasn't clear on the translation. What they mean by softer is softer breast jiggle, not the game's visual in general. What they mean by softer jiggle is not less jiggle by the way. Just "better" jiggle.

I see.. damn and here I thought there was hope to get rid of the plastic look

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
So is Ryu, didn't stop them from integrating him with the rest of the cast from the very beginning (their response being an even bigger load of crap when both were eligible for DoAX3 and one was even added once voted in, even though no actual guest characters were in the running). The real answer is, "so that we can sell them to you later".

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Which platform? I'm not seeing anything happening on PS4

I just see 'Waiting' in the download queue with no movement

On PS4. Strange it isn't working for you. Did you go directly to the game page on the Playstation Store and look if you can already hit the download button? That's how I did it shorty after midnight on the 27th.

The real answer is, "so that we can sell them to you later".

Koei Tecmo/Team Ninja are already like...

341.gif

...when they think of all the money the inevitable Momiji DLC will earn them.

Last edited:

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, normally I would be just a bit smug right now, telling ya'll:
"Told ya so, Momiji and Rachel are Ninja Gaiden characters, and considered guest characters to DOA!"
giphy.gif

But I am not going to that, because TN doesn't make sense and their answers change like the weather every day, lol.
You worried that Lisa would not make it in you non believer.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
On PS4. Strange it isn't working for you. Did you go directly to the game page on the Playstation Store and look if you can already hit the download button? That's how I did it shorty after midnight on the 27th.
It's working now. The preorder costume and nyotengu were in the queue ahead of the game. I deleted them and now the game is downloading.

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
some info from famitsu this week
-they never said they will remove breast physics in DOA6. But it seems like people misunderstood it because they said they wanted to focus on e-sports, and the early demo didn't have breast physics because it was still early in development.

And by "focus on e-sports," they meant the embarrassing spectacle that happened at Evo Japan? LOL.

Wouldn't be surprised if this really ends up meaning "the reason Momiji and Rachel are not in the game is because we want to sell them back to you as DLC later on." Nonsensical answer is nonsense- are we sure that's really what was said in Famitsu? Makes zero sense- better take out Ryu Hayabusa since he's a Ninja Gaiden character, too! Cancel that Mai DLC since she's from KOF!

EDIT: Missed the messages above where this was already all discussed!

Last edited:

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think that the Evo Japan incident is what kept DOA6 off the Evo 2019 lineup? I heard that Mr. Wizard has always hated the game so that it wouldn't have mattered regardless, but I would think that DOA6 would be more likely to get more entrants and stream views than say, UNIEL.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think that the Evo Japan incident is what kept DOA6 off the Evo 2019 lineup? I heard that Mr. Wizard has always hated the game so that it wouldn't have mattered regardless, but I would think that DOA6 would be more likely to get more entrants and stream views than say, UNIEL.
Team Ninja did not pay. So sure.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Is there a summary of what content the game contains on the disc/day 1?
Because my local store got the game today, but I'm not 100% sure If I really want it right now, even if i did enjoy the beta and it's new gameplay/visual features.

The online worries me the most, because it was not really playable with all the extreme lags. Did they acknowledge it and mentioned to improve it for release?
And now much offline content is there?

Edit: Forgot about the deluxe demo.
Maybe I should check it out first.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Also Team Ninja made a complete fool of themselves and the series when they actually got the chance to kick off EVO Japan on the big stage.
I really hope the OT title isn't going to be that awful Core Values meme, it doesn't do the series any favor, it only hurts it, and it was pushed by the same people who terrorized the developers and community for months and claimed they were going to boycott the game anyway, because of the alleged lack of skin and boobs.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
I dont even care about evo. Doa6 is going to have its own championship going on at different events. I would care more if it was always a part of evo but that isnt the case.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I fully believe it was due to the EVO Japan thing, but it was notable how Dead or Alive/DOA was not mentioned even once throughout the entire broadcast. Quite strange considering the game is out in a few days, and actually even more so because of the EVO Japan thing.

Jan 11, 2018
And by "focus on e-sports," they meant the embarrassing spectacle that happened at Evo Japan? LOL.

I truly do think Shimbori wanted DoA6 to be taken seriously as an e-sports title, but the backlash from the creepers was too great so he eventually caved. The usual nonsense arguments about the female characters somehow wearing "burqas", Shimobori being a SJW who's sabotaging the series, how awful it was to see these sexy women get visibly beat up (in a fighting game no less *gasp*) and now the core values controversy.

Dead or Alive will never be a serious fighting game franchise, let alone fill the void that Virtua Fighter has left behind. That ship has sailed now. I genuinely think they had a good opportunity to turn things around, but I guess sex and sexism sells more and money talks.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The day one patch for DOA6 dropped just now.

Does anyone know why others are already able to use the deluxe PS4 theme and I can't? Whenever I select it in the theme menu I am just transported to the unlock count down page of the game.

I truly do think Shimbori wanted DoA6 to be taken seriously as an e-sports title, but the backlash from the creepers was too great so he eventually caved. The usual nonsense arguments about the female characters somehow wearing "burqas", Shimobori being a SJW who's sabotaging the series, how awful it was to see these sexy women get visibly beat up (in a fighting game no less *gasp*) and now the core values controversy.

Dead or Alive will never be a serious fighting game franchise, let alone fill the void that Virtua Fighter has left behind. That ship has sailed now. I genuinely think they had a good opportunity to turn things around, but I guess sex and sexism sells more and money talks.

This.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017

Official confirmation for lobbies.

-There are some story and voices they had to cut during development. There are about 30 story scenes that were cut.
-Because they have to work on new characters and story with those characters, they cannot promise to add these cut story but hopefully someday they could if the game is successful.

JEEZ, if there wasn't already confirmation that this was underfunded and kicked out the door early.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Recorded footage of the costumes for Nyotengu and Phase 4 ;) I had nothing better to do during lunch XD

I wonder why the extra characters and deluxe costumes are still locked. Do they only unlock March first?

Also, are you playing this on base PS4 or PS4 Pro? If it is the latter could you please check if they finally added a proper graphics mode to this version? You could already select it in the demo, but in contrast to all other console versions the performance and graphics mode were identical on Pro in resolution and framerate.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
so, random question, but do we know if this game does what the past games do and give the CPU opponents in arcade or whatever other mode randomized costumes? I always appreciated DOA for that, for variety's sake and I'd like to see it return rather than CPUs just using the stock vanilla costume assuming you're not already using it on the same character

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
I wonder why the extra characters and deluxe costumes are still locked. Do they only unlock March first?

Also, are you playing this on base PS4 or PS4 Pro? If it is the latter could you please check if they finally added a proper graphics mode to this version? You could already select it in the demo, but in contrast to all other console versions the performance and graphics mode were identical on Pro in resolution and framerate.
I am playing on a PS4 Pro and I posted some gameplay in graphics a bit ago. I can't tell if it looks better than the demo as I skipped them.

This was played in action mode:

This in graphics mode:

so, random question, but do we know if this game does what the past games do and give the CPU opponents in arcade or whatever other mode randomized costumes? I always appreciated DOA for that, for variety's sake and I'd like to see it return rather than CPUs just using the stock vanilla costume assuming you're not already using it on the same character

CPU still does use randomized outfits.