• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I'll miss the beach as my practice stage or go to stage in general.

5 came out in september the update that added the stage was January.

Gimme the beach stage in summer with new limited time DoA quest mode quests to unlock a swimsuit for each character. They have to do something with DoA quest mode. If all it will be used for is a grindy way to unlock the costumes in the base game thats just dumb

Also what actually were the lyrics. I always heard "In der Sonne spielen" German for "playing in the sun"

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Where the hell is the Deluxe preorder for PC? It's wild that the game is out Friday but you can't even buy it on the Steam store yet.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
So Phase 4 is really just going to have 2 costumes.. huh. You think if she had more they would have shown them by now

Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone else missed it, there isnt going to be a preorder for PC. That stupid EA style grid they posted a while back confirmed it. All the console preorder bonuses will be "early purchase" bonuses on PC instead. And as someone confirmed above that seems to be good for 2 weeks.

EDIT: I found the stupid grid again
DwP38n8UUAA4xiy.jpg:large

So yea, preorder Nyotengu bonus shifted to early purchase since there are no preorders on PC. Digital deluxe still digital deluxe

Last edited:

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Currently uploading PC 4k footage as that is the version I requested for review purposes. I'm allowed to stream it as well so maybe tomorow or Wednesday I will try to do a PC stream.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
In case anyone else missed it, there isnt going to be a preorder for PC. That stupid EA style grid they posted a while back confirmed it. All the console preorder bonuses will be "early purchase" bonuses on PC instead. And as someone confirmed above that seems to be good for 2 weeks.

So yea, preorder Nyotengu bonus shifted to early purchase since there are no preorders on PC. Digital deluxe still digital deluxe
What a mess.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Currently uploading PC 4k footage as that is the version I requested for review purposes. I'm allowed to stream it as well so maybe tomorow or Wednesday I will try to do a PC stream.
Nice! Will be interesting to compare to other versions of the game, and see which settings are available.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Oh, posted this is in the demo thread thinking it was this one. I put up my video capture of the PC port of Dead or Alive 6. So far it runs much better than 5 ever did especially at launch. It does lack many of the graphics settings of other PC ports but it doesn't have the Day 1 patch. Still, runs great on my machine and hasn't given me any problems.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Stable 4K/60? That's awesome.

And definitely wanna see survival mode, we don't know anything about it, if it's just in 1 stage as usual or you can play it in other stages as well.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Would've taken you less time if you just looked in the OP. Why do people not ever take a look at it? :/

Seeing the game without the awful aliasing and shimmering of the console versions (except 4K mode on Xbox One X which is unplayable for a fighter though) sure is nice. Why isn't Koei Tecmo able to implement basic antialiasing in any of their console games? :(

Last edited:

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
You need me to explain what's wrong with infinites?

No... I need you to explain to me that what I'm looking at is an infinite instead of just posting a random video of a combo with zero explanation. I told you I had very little knowledge of Phase-4, and that is generally NOT how infinities are shown off. To me, that looked like a normal combo with an ender. The character didn't die and it didn't go on for an extended period of time. It was a typical combo length for DOA (shorter than some combos in fact).

Now that I know it was an infinite, I still don't see how it changes my statement about throws.

Tina's 41236T has a 16 frame startup; meaning it's impossible to high-counter throw someone on reaction to a whiffed counter, it has to have been a hard read/prediction. In that instance, a grappler absolutely deserves to be rewarded.

I want to see strikers' throw damage reduced though.

Grapplers should have strong throws. The other 20+ characters should not... or at the very least they should be breakable when not used as punishment.

Preorder the game on ps4, enjoying the new battle system but they need to do something about online lag. Had a lot of what the game claimed was perfect connections this beta and yet they were slide shows =\

In a 4-5 bar wired connection, it was fine. if I played against a wifi connection of any type or a wired connection below 4 bars, it was bad.

My thought is that the netcode is okay, but only in the best conditions. So if you're playing on wifi or playing against someone else on wifi, it's very hit or miss.[/QUOTE]

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they don't do the "catalogs" again. I recently re-installed DOA 5 and good god trying to figure out what catalogs I needed to install to get at my DLC was exhausting.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm primarily a PC player but I got a PS4 in December so I'm getting it on that. Only because the playerbase will undoubtedly be healthier.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
In the most recent stream it was confirmed that in March, April and May they will subsequently add more intro and win poses. :) Free updates of course.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
I'm primarily a PC player but I got a PS4 in December so I'm getting it on that. Only because the playerbase will undoubtedly be healthier.
This continues makes me wish more fighting game developers were willing to implement crossplay. If WB won't do it for MK or Injustice, what chance is there of cheap Japanese publishers doing so?

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I hand't realized this game is almost out! :0 Trials and DOA releasing simultaneously is not optimal for my gaming schedule.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna wait for my free male costume DLC.

hniy4My.jpg

By the way, I counted all costumes for the male characters in DOA5 vanilla and DOA6 vanilla:

DOA5:
male characters, 40 costumes, 2-5 per character, every character starts off with 2 costumes, the rest has to be unlocked.

Additionally the First Time DLC Pack shortly after release added 4 male costumes for free, giving Akira and Gen Fu a third costume. So:
11 guys, 44 costumes, 3-5 per character...

DOA6:
male characters, 21,5 costumes, 1.5-2 per character, every character starts off with 1 costume, the rest has to be unocked.

(I counted Diego's second costume as 1,5, because it just misses the jacket.)

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
In the most recent stream it was confirmed that in March, April and May they will subsequently add more intro and win poses. :) Free updates of course.
Really? Awesome!
I forgot to ask for that in the survey (talked about stages, lighting, and some UI bits mainly, as well as input lag obviously).

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Also, they're planning these DLCs, got them from Reddit:
March: Season pass 1 with NiCO & NyoTengu costumes.
- Wedding costumes sets 1 & 2
- Intro & victory poses
- Lobby match

April: - Intro & victory poses
- New costume set 1.

May: - intro and victory
- New costume set 2.

June: Both of the KoF characters and their costumes.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
June: Both of the KoF characters and their costumes.

I really wonder who the second KoF character will be...and why they are keeping it a surprise. I'm hoping for a cool, male character, like Kyo or Terry...but who are we kidding? It will very likely be yet another cute waifu or loli.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
No lobbies at launch is gonna hurt that review score

Also they are better adding some free dlc outfits for Phase 4 because not only making her dlc again but only giving her 2 outfits which is basically just one (coat/no coat) when she had more when she was added in 5 is ridiculous

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Also they are better adding some free dlc outfits for Phase 4 because not only making her dlc again but only giving her 2 outfits which is basically just one (coat/no coat) when she had more when she was added in 5 is ridiculous

I thought her deluxe costume was kinda cute:

z_5c6fd09bb5e93.jpg

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Team Ninja got it backwards when we asked for the PC port to be like the console versions.

ike_

Oct 27, 2017
It was nice seeing combo challenge with demonstrations. Going back to 5LR I was surprised only seeing that available in command training.