• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Thank you for answering!
Other than CPU you and I are running the same rig. (8700k vs 9900k) Sorry I have more questions!
Were you running the game boarderless in the video? I noticed some slowdown during the Kasumi and Hitomi fights and was wondering if Exclusive Fullscreen would have ran those stages better at those settings?

Yeah it was borderless because I had other stuff in the background that I was working on. When I wasn't recording I've had it run smooth no problems. At 1440p those drops are gone regardless of what I'm doing. Overall it needs more testing done, but considering this is without drivers or the day 1 update, this is running perfectly so far.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Unless you're referring to something other than this- which is kinda what I feel is the "character tutorial"

I actually didn't play DoA5 until Last Round so I'm not sure if that was a new feature or not.

No, these are Combo Challenges.

The DOA6 demo also had Character specific tutorials if you pressed Triangle(?) on the Tutorial screen, but there only seemed to be 5 for each and I think they were labeled Beginner.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
I put up my video capture of the PC port of Dead or Alive 6. So far it runs much better than 5 ever did especially at launch. It does lack many of the graphics settings of other PC ports but it doesn't have the Day 1 patch. Still, runs great on my machine and hasn't given me any problems.

Looks even better than the PS4 Pro running in graphics mode. Steady framerate as well. Wish I had asked for a PC review code XD. Nice video!

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Looks even better than the PS4 Pro running in graphics mode. Steady framerate as well. Wish I had asked for a PC review code XD. Nice video!
Yeah. I don't even play at 4K most of the time but this game runs it pretty effortlessly.

I just felt like showcasing PC code because the platform usually gets ignored in terms of fighters. I'm going to have to check out your content and support a fellow FGC editor!

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Street date got broken yesterday. Can't tell if game is any good and worth buying since I've never been a DOA guy.

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I have bought every DoA since the Saturn original, I'm definately getting this. Haven't decided if I'll buy it for full price yet, though. DoA 3 is still my favourite, I remember how gorgeous it looked. People were floored when I showed them the game. It was a good way to show the power ot Xbox back then.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Someone posted a video of the entire story mode in DOA6 and even without removing the gameplay sections it does not even reach an hour and a half. Man, that is really disappointing. Even worse considering I am sure a huge amount of the story is about Honoka.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Someone posted a video of the entire story mode in DOA6 and even without removing the gameplay sections it does not even reach an hour and a half. Man, that is really disappointing. Even worse considering I am sure a huge amount of the story is about Honoka.
This is why you shouldn't play fighting games for their stories. Even worse when its a fighting game coming from Japan because they're clearly going to half ass it.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
This is why you shouldn't play fighting games for their stories. Even worse when its a fighting game coming from Japan because they're clearly going to half ass it.
Honestly I loved DOA5, SFV, Tekken 7 and KOFXIV's stories. I just wish there was more.

I am personally really invested in most of the DOA cast/universe though and I was excited to see with what they do with newer characters like Nyotengu and Phase 4. It sucks because we will probably not find out any more of the plot for another 8+ years. Wish we could get some kind of comic or something at the very least.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Honestly I loved DOA5, SFV, Tekken 7 and KOFXIV's stories. I just wish there was more.

I am personally really invested in most of the DOA cast/universe though and I was excited to see with what they do with newer characters like Nyotengu and Phase 4. It sucks because we will probably not find out any more of the plot for another 8+ years. Wish we could get some kind of comic or something at the very least.
Can't say the same. I tuned out for most of the stories of those games. I am with you on liking the universe of DOA and Ninja Gaiden. After NG3 I hoped they would continue merging the ninja worlds at least. I like all of that shit with Ryu and Ayane.

hardseppo

Oct 28, 2017
Europe

and that's with the "increased budget" for story-mode they got from KT, but oh well... I am happy, even if pre-order sales are behind DoAX3 Scarlet - the future for DoA is bright ;)