• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was sooo awesome that they managed to implemented it. Since they can do it, I wonder why nobody else has been able to do so. Since it means that consoles do provide the information to the game that if they are using Wifi or Wired.

I accepted all kind of matches during my play and it seems Wifi is the main problem. But that isn't surprising really.

Several fighters do this. Injustice 2 definitely does. Pretty sure even doa5 did.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was sooo awesome that they managed to implemented it. Since they can do it, I wonder why nobody else has been able to do so. Since it means that consoles do provide the information to the game that if they are using Wifi or Wired.

I accepted all kind of matches during my play and it seems Wifi is the main problem. But that isn't surprising really.
NRS fighters do this.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Several fighters do this. Injustice 2 definitely does. Pretty sure even doa5 did.

I didn't play DOA5 online a lot after Vanilla, got the other versions but I moved to other fighters that I never got to check. Did they added that in later releases?

NRS fighters do this.
Ok, wow, I really didn't notice that in NRS games. Dunno how I missed that. Specially in Injustice 2, since I did play that for a while.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm locked in. Deluxe version bought. Not going to waste much more time tonight on it since progress doesn't carry. Excited for Friday though.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
I really had planned on buying it...and I kind of still am. But, I feel like there are several awkward choices in the game that kind of sapped the hype out of it. The plastic-y look, the reused assets, Helena's English voice clips still not being fixed after 6+ years, weird hair length discrepancies (minor, but so easily fixable that it's annoying that it's there), the dudes getting shafted in costumes and customization, missing characters like Leon, Gen Fu, Momiji, and Rachel, the online reeeeeally needing some rollback based netcode, the list goes on.

I feel like there's a chance for a lot of improvements if the game does well, but I don't wanna be a sucker.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the character-specific tutorials in the full version are longer than just 5 "lessons" ?

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017

Back when MKX was getting rollback netcode I asked one of the NRS devs to implement a feature like that in twitch chat and they responded really vague saying something about sony not being super into letting people do that. Then I2 came out and they either had it in the base game or patched it in later, so I guess something changed recently.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the character-specific tutorials in the full version are longer than just 5 "lessons" ?

It seems that is it
Back when MKX was getting rollback netcode I asked one of the NRS devs to implement a feature like that in twitch chat and they responded really vague saying something about sony not being super into letting people do that. Then I2 came out and they either had it in the base game or patched it in later, so I guess something changed recently.

Oh so it was patched later in I2? That makes sense, but yeah, I remember hearing about Sony been a bit private on that info. Good thing they changed that.

OP
OP
Mesharey

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
For me Chinese festival and others are locked out of the demo. Am I missing something?
Nope, they're not in the demo.
There is no HDR on PS4 that I found. Odd.
Yeah, it's only on Xbox for some reason.
Is there anyway to get guaranteed damage now besides launchers and fatal rush?
Yes, many types of stuns give guaranteed damage, like sit-down stuns, limbo stun, fatal stuns, any environmental stun, there are some other stuns.
There are also attacks that give guaranteed attacks, depends on the character.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Yes, many types of stuns give guaranteed damage, like sit-down stuns, limbo stun, fatal stuns, any environmental stun, there are some other stuns.
There are also attacks that give guaranteed attacks, depends on the character.

I'm interested after that.... hmmm my main gripe with DOA5 was that everyone was always holding my Helena gimmicks and I had a really hard time getting my guaranteed fatal stun off.... even the fatal stun attack was holdable.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Doing decently with Leifang, but that's not too surprising since she was one of my better characters in 5:LR as well. Got my ass whooped by a good Lisa player though, which also doesn't surprise me since she was one of my worst match-ups in the last game.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got some time to play tonight and went with Christie. Actually managed to get some wins and made it to D-. Had one opponent where the lag was unbearable. We split the best-of-3 before not bothering with a 3rd match to break the tie. Still probably won't get the game right away but I do know that I lots of fun tonight.

Christie with long hair.....still a goddess <3

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got a chance to sit down and play for a few hours, managed a 14 win streak with my Goddess Helena. I've played sooo much DOA back during DOA3/4 era that I feel like it's burned into my DNA. Didn't play much of 5, but I'm loving of what I'm playing of 6. Most definitely will be buying this.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get a 9 win streak in C+ and D- rank, got a bunch of awesome matches in the end with Hayate. The funny thing is that I started to win and getting the win streak when I wanted to stop streaming... but I keep going until I was defeated. It was damn fun!

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I started playing as the brawler with the huge breasts after getting beat alot by her and she's my favorite now lol Hinnoda I think.. so good

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Played the demo on X this weekend. I thought it looked and played great. Love playing Tina as always. So much fun. The HDR output looked fine to me. No high-nit, Wow-HDR! stuff but the colors were very rich and it looked and played well. Didn't seem borked like some other HDR implementations. Despite all the sexism and controversy with this series I really do love DOA's gameplay. It's the only fighting game my wife enjoys playing with me.

I hope the PC version is not lessened in some way like DOA5 was. If it's not missing anything from the consoles, I'll get it on PC. Otherwise I'll pick it up on X.

I'm going to need you to be more specific. :)

"Oh you know. The pretty one"

Um...more specific.

"The one that wears tight outfits"

I'm sorry...more specific.

"One of her outfits has a cow on it"

OH you mean Honoka!

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I really like how this games feels to play. Some may call it button-mashy, but I really enjoy the fluidity. I was recently playing Tekken 7 and don't really like how heavy the game feels at times, and the animation isn't as smooth to me.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know when the deluxe edition costumes will be available for individual purchase? Did they talk about that perhaps? The official website just says "Items in the Deluxe Set will be available for individual purchase after the game's release." So I guess it could be either day 1, weeks or months after the release. I don't really want to spend so much money on a deluxe edition where 3/4 of the costumes don't interest me, mostly because I don't plan on playing said characters.

Last edited:

TonyB

Banned
Feb 25, 2019
After this demo, same as the last, I left feeling pretty concerned about the quality of the netcode. It doesn't feel any improved since Last Round which was already really bad.

I also find myself constantly forgetting about the existence of the meter system. It feels super weird to have this in a DoA game for some reason- not to say it's a bad, just a surprising adjustment. I generally only found myself ever using it for the breaker and for a very specific combo off an angry Pterodactyl.

Loved everything else about it though. The kind of game where if it had rollback netcode I'm pretty confident I'd never put it down.

Each lesson is broken down into multiple challenges. Like 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.1, 2.2 etc. I completed all the Bayman challenges and it felt about the same as Last Round in terms of how long it took to complete and how much I learned about the character

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know when the deluxe edition costumes will be available for purchase separately? Did they talk about that perhaps? The official website just says "Items in the Deluxe Set will be available for individual purchase after the game's release." So I guess it could be either day 1, weeks or months after the release. I don't really want to spend so much money on a deluxe edition where 3/4 of the costumes don't interest me, mostly because I don't plan on playing said characters.

Make sure you look at what stuff you want and the price of the deluxe edition compared to what the stuff would probably cost individually

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
For what it's worth, I think I remember the DOA5LR deluxe costumes releasing around 6 months after release for everyone to buy.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Make sure you look at what stuff you want and the price of the deluxe edition compared to what the stuff would probably cost individually

You think the individual costume prices will be similar to Dead or Alive 5? I only ever bought one pack for it (that was before the F2P version) but I noticed that they were selling individual costumes for around $2. I don't know if special costumes (like deluxe edition content) was more expensive. But considering that price, I think just waiting for the individual release would definitely be cheaper on the long-run, as I'm only eyeing for 2 deluxe costumes so far.

For what it's worth, I think I remember the DOA5LR deluxe costumes releasing around 6 months after release for everyone to buy.

Thank you! 6 months is quite a lot, but that would be understandable, after all they want people to buy the deluxe edition now. I'm sure there's going to be some other costume DLC (packs) before they will release them individually too.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game is good. But my most played fighting game is injustice 2. And mortal kombat release soon I'll wait for that one

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Will Phase 4 be available to be purchased at launch? Nothing in the digital deluxe appeals to me.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Man
DOA6 is sure one ugly looking SOB.

What happen to the days when they produced AAA graphics? What a serious turndown.
Definitely true, bums me out. They were the pioneers of visual fidelity and quality at one point, now their environments look stuck in the past.

Just look at the momentous strides Mortal Kombat has made in that regard, its incredible.

With that said, still love playing this game, has always been my favorite fighting title. It feels right in my hands...

Last edited:

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did a graphics / frame rate comparison video here:

cheat sheet:
  • PS4 Pro is 1080p native in both action and graphics modes
  • Supersampling setting / 4K on PS4 Pro doesn't appear to impact anything - it will be 1080p regardless
  • Xbox One X runs at 1080p native in it's action mode, and 4K native in it's graphics mode
  • Seems like a solid 60fps across the board for both PS4 Pro modes + X1X action mode
  • X1X graphics mode averages around ~40fps
there's a bit more info in the video, so if you found the above info useful, pls consider watching the video - it's my first video of this nature so would really appreciate any feedback :)

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Definitely true, bums me out. They were the pioneers of visual fidelity and quality at one point.

Their Environments still resemble Dead or Alive 4.

Just look at the momentous strides Mortal Kombat has made in that regard, its incredible.
Big difference in terms of budget/manpower. Different era.

OP
OP
Mesharey

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I believe she'll be available for everyone to buy whenever she releases, she's not a deluxe edition timed exclusive like the costumes.
She's day 1 character with NyoTengu afaik.
Nyo is just a preorder character, though, right? I'd definitely be getting deluxe if she was tied to it. She's so perfect. :D
Yep, Phase 4 won't be available at launch.

o k, that's pretty good, appreciated and you got your first subscriber!

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I did a graphics / frame rate comparison video here:

cheat sheet:
  • PS4 Pro is 1080p native in both action and graphics modes
  • Supersampling setting / 4K on PS4 Pro doesn't appear to impact anything - it will be 1080p regardless
  • Xbox One X runs at 1080p native in it's action mode, and 4K native in it's graphics mode
  • Seems like a solid 60fps across the board for both PS4 Pro modes + X1X action mode
  • X1X graphics mode averages around ~40fps
there's a bit more info in the video, so if you found the above info useful, pls consider watching the video - it's my first video of this nature so would really appreciate any feedback :)

this video cleared my skin, helped me send my cat to college and did all my dirty dishes.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
I put up my video capture of the PC port of Dead or Alive 6. So far it runs much better than 5 ever did especially at launch. It does lack many of the graphics settings of other PC ports but it doesn't have the Day 1 patch. Still, runs great on my machine and hasn't given me any problems.

Nezacant

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I put up my video capture of the PC port of Dead or Alive 6. So far it runs much better than 5 ever did especially at launch. It does lack many of the graphics settings of other PC ports but it doesn't have the Day 1 patch. Still, runs great on my machine and hasn't given me any problems.

This is looking great. Looking like a no brainer if you have a PC capable of running this at Native 4K @ 60fps.

What were the specs of the system you ran this on?
Do you know if the game supports ultrawide monitors?
Is there native support for more than an Xbox controller?

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
This is looking great. Looking like a no brainer if you have a PC capable of running this at Native 4K @ 60fps.

What were the specs of the system you ran this on? I7 9900 @ 5ghz, Nvidia 2080ti, 32gb Ram, running on my SSD. I know this is an extreme rig but I ran it on older machine with a core i7 4500 and a 970 and it ran 1080p 60fps no problem.
Do you know if the game supports ultrawide monitors? I do not know sadly, I will try to find out and update when I can.
Is there native support for more than an Xbox controller? Yes. I ran it on Parsec and for a moment had three controllers all natively recognized at a given time. I will test my PS4 and Pro controller for my next video and report back.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Each lesson is broken down into multiple challenges. Like 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.1, 2.2 etc. I completed all the Bayman challenges and it felt about the same as Last Round in terms of how long it took to complete and how much I learned about the character

Last Round had character specific tutorials?

Nezacant

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for answering!
Other than CPU you and I are running the same rig. (8700k vs 9900k) Sorry I have more questions!
Were you running the game boarderless in the video? I noticed some slowdown during the Kasumi and Hitomi fights and was wondering if Exclusive Fullscreen would have ran those stages better at those settings?