• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wolfenstein enemy territory.
It's not dead dead, but kinda. Great gameplay, classes, xp progression in a match or series, etc

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Unreal tournament games, it was just so cool seeing a game supported so much by its player base with new content. It was always fun joining a server with custom content just to see what it was.

Oct 27, 2017
World in Conflict had an incredible multiplayer suite. Making players choose beforehand what forces they wanted to play was a stroke of genius as it forced teamwork as each given "deck" couldn't possibly hope to cover it's counter within it's own lineup.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wolfenstein enemy territory.
It's not dead dead, but kinda. Great gameplay, classes, xp progression in a match or series, etc

Along these lines, Enemy Territory Quake Wars and Homefront 1 were good (By the same team) and are also sadly very dead. I remember being very excited for Quake Wars.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.
The character promotions with new perks and weapons throughout a "campaign", the objective based maps and, as a German, the voice commands like "Affirmative Herr Oberfeldschütze", were just a few noteworthy things. Me and my buddies spent hundreds of hours on ET.

Wunderbar! Wunderbar!
I need a medic!

My brothers and I took turns playing this game and the objective based gameplay has never been matched. I think it was it's best when the character skills carried over on campaign missions so you could max out a few classes before it reset on a new campaign. I had such a great time.

We need an engineer!
Dynamite planted.
Firing for effect!

angel_deamon

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
battletanx n64

images

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
Shadowrun. I wish the game had been supported more and sold better because I had so much fun. The shooting may not have been the greatest but the combinations of magic, tech and gunplay was so much fun. People working together around their dwarves and their rez/tree of life was some fun teamwork. I played that game so much on the demo before eventually having the xbox and ugh vista version.

I didn't think I would find anyone else so enlightened!

Shadowrun was the greatest (and was doing the powers thing way before Overwatch) and it's such a shame the botched launch killed it off .

When it was added to backwards compatible I went back online with my old squadmate and we had a few hours of games. There was a hardcore group of about 10 people still playing who wondered where all the new players were coming from.

Tried it again a few months ago and it was totally dead.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wunderbar! Wunderbar!
I need a medic!

My brothers and I took turns playing this game and the objective based gameplay has never been matched. I think it was it's best when the character skills carried over on campaign missions so you could max out a few classes before it reset on a new campaign. I had such a great time.

We need an engineer!
Dynamite planted.
Firing for effect!
PRRROTECT ZE FUEL DEPOT

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I didn't think I would find anyone else so enlightened!

Shadowrun was the greatest (and was doing the powers thing way before Overwatch) and it's such a shame the botched launch killed it off .

When it was added to backwards compatible I went back online with my old squadmate and we had a few hours of games. There was a hardcore group of about 10 people still playing who wondered where all the new players were coming from.

Tried it again a few months ago and it was totally dead.
It didn't help that the demo was like too good. I had friends that I played the dmeo with who decided not to get the game and just keep playing the demo again.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of the well known games, I really had a love for Gotham City Imposters.

Zonnes

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 26, 2019
It is not dead dead but Diablo II, back in college we used have a tiny in campus dorm 30-35 people and I think I have my favorite gaming memories with that game

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guild Wars 1.

Best 4 years of my life on the gaming side. Perfect multiplayer, epic community.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Myth and Myth II: Soulblighter. God I miss the community around those games when they launched.

Best Bungie, glad someone posted this.

Fear & Loathing tools made for some really awesome community maps and mods. Things like Dwarfball were silly fun.

I was heavily into the WWII:Recon mod for a very large period of my high school life haha. The game-play didn't age very well, I tried it out again years ago when the servers migrated, but some of the game-play modes and ranking system are things I wish were still implemented in games today.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
MAG and bioshock 2 (yes seriously). Halo 3 customs as well I guess, I remover how I would join random people's lobbies whenever they were hosting like some infection variant or role play and how welcoming they were. Many friends were made... many of which I don't play with anymore 😔
I also use to play a lot of gears 2 horde mode with friends from school... but for some reason I don't miss it as much, mostly because horde modes were in their infancy back then and today I'd rather play killing floor 2 or even world war z.
But you can't find any replacements for the experiences I had in mag and bioshock 2 and I don't know if it's just me, but customs on halo 5 just aren't as enjoyable even though it even has a custom games browser now as well!

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Shadowrun. I wish the game had been supported more and sold better because I had so much fun. The shooting may not have been the greatest but the combinations of magic, tech and gunplay was so much fun. People working together around their dwarves and their rez/tree of life was some fun teamwork. I played that game so much on the demo before eventually having the xbox and ugh vista version.
So damn good. It always made me mad because it was always talked about like "M$ ruined Shadowrun. It's not supposed to be a multiplayer shooter, it's trash." While in reality it was a ton of fun that not enough people gave a chance.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - Mercs vs. Spies mode. So much tension it often felt like a horror game.
Another great one. A multiplayer stealth game has never been done better since.

alba

Oct 27, 2017
MI
Warhawk.

dims

That game was everything during my sophomore year of college. Countless days spent in 4 player split screen coordinating strategies on-the-fly during some amazing CTF matches. Huge levels, infinite draw distance, well balanced vehicles & weapons, dog fighting, and a pitch-perfect arcadey representation of that adolescent 'army man' battlefield approach.

Warhawk was so freaking amazing, I had such a good time with that game.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Warhawk.

dims

That game was everything during my sophomore year of college. Countless days spent in 4 player split screen coordinating strategies on-the-fly during some amazing CTF matches. Huge levels, infinite draw distance, well balanced vehicles & weapons, dog fighting, and a pitch-perfect arcadey representation of that adolescent 'army man' battlefield approach.
My favorite MP of all time here. It was absolute perfection

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Wolfenstein on the original Xbox Live.

I've never been clear on how much was brought over between the Xbox and the PC but there was one stage that was amazing! It took place on D-Day, one team defends a fortress while the other invades. It was all class based and that was one air strike attack that was simply brutal. The whole goal was to get to the basement, nab the briefcase and go.

If it sounds like Team Fortress, it mostly was. But those extra steps and changing goals made it so addictive!

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Unreal Tournament 2004.
Tribes 2 n Tribes Ascend
Spies vs Mercs

nostalgia is strong word for the next one, but I fucking miss it because the game was fun as shit.

Lawbreakers.

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
All of the Unreal Tournament games. Even III was fun.
Same with the first 3 Quake games, I never played IV's multiplayer.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I'm sure there's still lingering old timers playing somewhere. I can't list just one but UT99, Quake 2 (vanilla), Day of Defeat would be my top 3.